vCash

Self-Destruction

I have never seen an OU team give up on Stoops and the coaching staff before this year. This really frightens me for the future. It's like watching the Mack Brown self-destruction all over again.
    TrueBornSooner
    The fourth quarter belongs to [the Sooners]. Not to mention the first, the second, and the third. ~~ Brent Musberger, 2008 B12C

Re: Self-Destruction

We've been eroding for years. The constant 10-2 records against terrible teams fooled many weak minded people (Remember when everyone thought how beating UCONN was concrete evidence that all of Stoops detractors were wrong), but it was obvious, through the many bowl losses, the loss in the 2008 NC against an inferior florida team, the meltdown of 2011, the awful game against a terrible texas team in 2013, etc.

Now we arn't even winning conference championships anymore, and we've lost 3 already this year with one of the most talented rosters in the country, possibly four after day, this was a long time coming, and Stoops did nothing about it, now we are paying.

I would much rather clean house and bottom out for a few years, rather than this gradual decline with an administration that I know we won't win another title with anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Self-Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBornSooner View Post
    I have never seen an OU team give up on Stoops and the coaching staff before this year. This really frightens me for the future. It's like watching the Mack Brown self-destruction all over again.
    I've often wondered about men who came from a middle class background like Stoops and then attain financial success beyond anything he imagined. He has more money than he can spend in 10 lifetimes. How long do you keep producing at a high level in a bright spot light before fatigue and burnout catch up to you?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.