Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Just saw the line

if we win I will count it as a solid W given how porous our D is against dink and dunk, and that shep is something less than 100% if he even plays and Thomas is a first-time, freshman, starter. None of that is good news. Would not surprise me if we lose - Kingsbury or however you say it has a hard on for Mayfield so he will probably come out and onside kick to start the game. He's gonna be all in.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Geez, all's I said was that the line moved! Yer right, Vet, FAN is
    in fanatic but F is in some others.....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Anyone else find it as funny as I do that we gave up a touchdown on the last play of the game, resulting in us not covering? No sarcasm.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    Anyone else find it as funny as I do that we gave up a touchdown on the last play of the game, resulting in us not covering? No sarcasm.
    Didn't think of that. Bet there were some mad betting folks that thought they had it in the bag

vCash

Thou art Michael Valentine Smith?
    Scots, Wha Hae.
    Scots, wha hae wi' Wallace bled,
    Scots, wham Bruce has aften led,
    Welcome to your gory bed
    Or to victorie!
    --- Robert Burns

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    Well, when I vbet it was -9.5 and the over was 71.5, so win-win!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Well, when I vbet it was -9.5 and the over was 71.5, so win-win!!!
    So you're the one that gave the defense some vdollars to not even contest the last play!

I at least learned something from that play. I didn't know about the rule of not attempting an extra point if the clock has expired and the lead is more than 8 points. Seems like a weird rule; I wonder why it wouldn't be 3 or more points?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    So you're the one that gave the defense some vdollars to not even contest the last play!

I at least learned something from that play. I didn't know about the rule of not attempting an extra point if the clock has expired and the lead is more than 8 points. Seems like a weird rule; I wonder why it wouldn't be 3 or more points?
    That's a good question...maybe it is because most lines are 6 1/2 and/or 7 1/2....
    I just had to smile, though, when TT scored, 'cause I muttered to myself that
    that's the over, when Mahomes threw the pass.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    That's a good question...maybe it is because most lines are 6 1/2 and/or 7 1/2....
    I just had to smile, though, when TT scored, 'cause I muttered to myself that
    that's the over, when Mahomes threw the pass.....
    A CFB rule that acknowledges wagering impact? That seems wrong in so many ways. I could see it recognizing some 5th tie breaker rule which uses total point margins, but if that were the case, I would think they would always do the conversion. On the other hand, they never go for conversions in OT when a TD ends the game. Oh, I'm so confused.

vCash

A CFB rule that acknowledges wagering impact? That seems wrong in so many ways. I could see it recognizing some 5th tie breaker rule which uses total point margins, but if that were the case, I would think they would always do the conversion. On the other hand, they never go for conversions in OT when a TD ends the game. Oh, I'm so confused.
    Welp, I'm watching the Packers thump the Eagles and Ima gettin'
    nother beer! Heh...

Administrator
    vCash

I knew the rule, but I never really questioned it...so, you do bring up a good question. Why the 8 points? If it's the last play, and the clock has expired, what difference does it make? The only conclusion I can reach is that the same rule applies going into a half. But, I'm not sure that's even correct. Just seems like a really arbitrary addition to the rule.