SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Apparently the "Official" OU webiste has been listening....lol

How the Sooners Stack Up

While no one is more disappointed in OU’s current 6-3 record than head coach Bob Stoops and the Sooners, it’s still worth noting that no conversation of the nation’s “elite” college football programs is complete without Oklahoma.

Here’s how Oklahoma stacks up in some key areas over recent years:

Since the start of the 2008 season, only four “Power 5 conference” teams own more wins than Oklahoma.

Team Record Win%
    1. Alabama 80-10 .889
    2. Oregon 76-13 .854
    3. Ohio State 71-16 .816
    4. Flordid State 70-20 .778
    5. OKLAHOMA 69-20 .775

Since 2010, no Big 12 team owns a better conference record than Oklahoma.

Team Record Win%
    1. OKLAHOMA 30-13 .732
    2. Oklahoma State 29-12 .707
    3. Kansas State 28-13 .683

Since 2010, no Big 12 team owns a better record vs. AP Top 25 teams than Oklahoma. OU is the only Big 12 team above .500 in such games over that span.

Team Record Win%
    1. OKLAHOMA 14-10 .583
    2. Oklahoma State 10-11 .476
    3. Baylor 9-10 .474

Dating back to 2000, only LSU has more wins vs. AP Top 25 teams than Oklahoma.

Team Record Win%
    1. LSU 53-31 .631
    2. OKLAHOMA 49-25 .662
    3. Ohio State 43-22 .662

Since Bob Stoops arrived at Oklahoma in 1999, the Sooners lead major conference teams in home winning percentage. Number two Ohio State has twice as many home losses over that span.

Team Record Win%
    1. OKLAHOMA 89-7 .927
    2. Ohio State 97-14 .874
    3. Oregon 88-16 .846
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Re: Apparently the "Official" OU webiste has been listening....lol

How many National Title runs have we made since 2008?

How many outright Big 12 titles have we won since 2010?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Nothing like hand-picked stats to make a point. I mean, I'm not panicking on Stoops or anything like that. But someone could just as easily hand-pick stats to make the opposite argument. I'd rather they just posted those as interesting stats than try to mask OU's current struggles with them. "These are not the droids you're looking for..."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

I think this would come under the Fallacy of Incomplete Evidence

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I would also consider this to come under the official OU website people doing their job. If they were cherry picking negative stats with the title "Here's why Bob must go" I would question their intelligence.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Which supports the thesis that we’re not programmed to seek truth, we’re programmed to win..... I just wish we could do a little more winning around here.

vCash

Who is Flordid State? I thought it was Floriduh State...

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I would also consider this to come under the official OU website people doing their job. If they were cherry picking negative stats with the title "Here's why Bob must go" I would question their intelligence.
    I'm not saying they should. It's just a personal annoyance that people hand-pick statistics to make a predetermined argument. I would rather they just posted the statistics without tying it to an argument of any kind. Maybe file it under "here are more reasons why OU is awesome" as opposed to, "we might have lost more than we should, but we're still elite".

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    I'm not saying they should. It's just a personal annoyance that people hand-pick statistics to make a predetermined argument. I would rather they just posted the statistics without tying it to an argument of any kind. Maybe file it under "here are more reasons why OU is awesome" as opposed to, "we might have lost more than we should, but we're still elite".
    For me, it just falls under what I would expect from that source -- light reading.