Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Trevor Knight out against Tech; Cody Thomas to start, Blake Bell is backup

Wow
    Cody Thomas will be Oklahoma’s starting quarterback in Saturday’s road game at Texas Tech, the school announced on Thursday.

The Oklahoma football Twitter account issued a tweet saying Knight was not medically cleared to play.
    Stoops said earlier this week that Bell would be the emergency backup to Thomas if Knight could not play.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Trevor Knight out against Tech; Cody Thomas to start, Blake Bell is backup

Well, I think I wanna change my vbet....heh...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

So Bell will be on the sideline......???
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Boy, I hope not.

vCash

This is definitely a circle the wagons situation. If this doesn't motivate every player to step up in order to rally around Thomas, nothing will.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Oh boy, my poor tv may not make another weekend.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Boy, I hope not.
    So you play Bell at TE and hope Thomas and him dont get hurt......??
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

At least now I can look forward to watching the game and not having to see Trevor struggle again. I feel bad for the kid.

vCash

Puts whole new meaning to dual threat QBs doesn't it?

Who knows? Maybe they're practicing a snap-to-the-TE play or 20

vCash

No, he'll be either catching or throwing the ball (unless our D is on the field for a quick 3 and out ).

vCash

Belldozing every down. Rawwwwrrrrrr

vCash

Yup.

Bell should go through the regular rotation at TE unless needed at QB.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Belldozing every down. Rawwwwrrrrrr
    There are morans on LT that think that would actually work. Or more precisely, that Thomas can just hand off on every down and win by playing 10 against 11. Sometimes I think that board consists of 13 year olds.

vCash

I suspect we'll see a fair amount of running though. Size of our line versus their D, cold weather in Lubbock, inexperience at QB--though he may be a better thrower--and control the clock. I expect us to win pretty big, along the lines of Iowa State.

Or we could completely unravel again.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    There are morans on LT that think that would actually work. Or more precisely, that Thomas can just hand off on every down and win by playing 10 against 11. Sometimes I think that board consists of 13 year olds.
    If there was one thing that worked against the Baptists, it was actually three things: Alex Ross, Keith Ford and Samaje Perine... I cannot recall the last time we attempted to Belldoze. It's really not necessary with three top backs healthy, is it?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 msteudem's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    I suspect we'll see a fair amount of running though. Size of our line versus their D, cold weather in Lubbock, inexperience at QB--though he may be a better thrower--and control the clock. I expect us to win pretty big, along the lines of Iowa State.

Believe it or not the temp is going to be 66 during the game in Lubbock.
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Oh. I had a lot of really tactically deficient and inane ideas for our offensive strategy that I was going to throw out there but I guess I'll keep them to myself now.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post

Cold weather or not, I'm guessing Thomas throws 12-15 times during
    the game, Bell takes 2-3 direct snaps and we just MIGHT have 3 100+
    yards RB's....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    If there was one thing that worked against the Baptists, it was actually three things: Alex Ross, Keith Ford and Samaje Perine... I cannot recall the last time we attempted to Belldoze. It's really not necessary with three top backs healthy, is it?
    Just a couple of games ago, didn't we haul the Belldozer out of mothballs for a short gain and a first down?

vCash

So what is Trevor's injury exactly?