SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I'd like to see OU's avg class age (Sr-FR) vs top 3 in Big12 or top 10 nationally

Since "youth" seems to be a word use...and the proverbial "future is bright" ....

I don't have time or energy....

Maybe a numbers guy or one of the retired guys on here can do it... ;-) I'll do OU.

OU # SR - 22 (RS or not, starter or not)
    # JR - 17
    # SO - 33
    #FR - 37

out of the 70/109 total are So/Fr redshirt, I counted about 16 that I've seen/heard play in games. Some starters, some here and there. 64% of total team roster is considered underclassman 70/109. With 16/24 - 66% (starting positions, counted punter and kicker but not deep snapper, or playing time) being underclassman as well.

Okay...so someone do ksu/bu/tcu~
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: I'd like to see OU's avg class age (Sr-FR) vs top 3 in Big12 or top 10 nationally

Seniors Juniors Soph Frosh/RS Total Roster
    Kansas St 21 27 19 52 120
    Baylor 15 24 24 45 108
    TCU 16 37 17 50 120

Did not look at starters....it appears as though OU and the other three are in
    similar positions for "youth" and I clearly have no idea how many of each roster
    have any playing time.....

vCash

Re: I'd like to see OU's avg class age (Sr-FR) vs top 3 in Big12 or top 10 nationally

Sorry about the crowded numbers....I had it in a really nice spread type sheet
    before I posted it.....

vCash

lol...thanks...

no biggie.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Where is Curly Bill when you need him?

The excuses continue to roll in:
    "we've played three ranked teams"
    "we're younger than other teams"

Some truly are turning into Pokes. Where's Mack Brown to blame the wind?
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

dude...didn't say that...I've HEARD that so I was asking.

vCash

And I mentioned "youth" because TV announcers have remarked about
    OUr young running backs, soph QB and young wideouts the last two games
    I've watched.

vCash

And, TDTW, ifn yer callin me a Poke, well, them there are
    fightin' werds!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    And, TDTW, ifn yer callin me a Poke, well, them there are
    fightin' werds!
    Hes a deauce Bag dont sweat it
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

As a matter of fact, we've played three ranked teams. We've also lost all three. Two of them by narrow margins that we should've won, and the third was a disaster.

Texas A & M got pasted 59-0 by Alabama and then beat third-ranked Auburn by a field goal. So the conclusion is, funny things can happen on the football field. For whatever reasons, which many have attempted to document, we're in a time where we've slumped. Coach Stoops can do better. Our players can do better and occasionally do, even frequently do.

I know people like TDTW want perfection, but it's not happening. Fine. Go root for someone else.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TheUnnamedSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Sorry about the crowded numbers....I had it in a really nice spread type sheet
    before I posted it.....
    Well.... fix it.

Administrator
    vCash

I think the "youth" comments are more about the number of young guys we've played this year. On defense, we'll lose 4 starters to graduation (Grissom, Ndulue, Wilson and Hayes). Assuming there's no early entrants to the draft, that makes for a fairly 'young' defense that's been on the field this year.

On offense, the losses are all at the TE/FB/OL spots. We bring back the entire QB,WR & RB corps.

I don't know how we compare to the rest of the conference, but having a possible 7 returning starters on defense, along with all the skill positions on offense, should make for a promising future.