Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Stoops post game press conference

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I thought his press conference today was great. For all those clamoring for him to take responsibility, he did (again). It's funny, because the naysayers only hear what they want to hear in the press conferences. The "I don't care" thing is a perfect example. It's no wonder Stoops hates the local media, they (and it's really only a couple) do everything they can to get under his skin, and they take every word spoken and look for a headline. Some don't even bother putting it in context.

It's never as good, or bad, as it appears. On to Texas Tech.
    He does do a great job at these and did take responsibility. It could be a situation to where nothing is going to be good enough outside of saying this is bs and heads will roll when the season is done or if things don't improve heads will roll. I put myself in that camp. I do wish he would acknowledge we have a huge problem with our pass defense, 100 and something in the country. The hardest part I have accepting is he seems to shy away from criticizing Mike. He was asked point blank why are so many too many men or not enough guys on the field after timeouts and long delays and he had no problem naming Montgomery and Kish. It also bugs me he said that Williams had a great game, outside of the holding call. He had THREE holding calls and a false start! That's like saying the secret service did a great job of guarding Kennedy except for that time he got shot.

What I want to hear him say is, we know we have a problem with our pass defense and we are going to do whatever it takes to figure it out, be that changing schemes or personnel or whatever. This pass defense problem has been going on since 2002 when atm threw 4 td passes on us in college station.
    Last edited by Sooner8th; 11/11/2014 at 12:20 PM.