Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Any News on Trevor?

he got hit by 3...the last being the 6'9 290 DE that was mouthing off about respect. led with his forearm after Knight was already on the ground..and followed through to his head....just watch it. totally intentional
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Y'all are just being Pokish. <letting it go now. Maybe.>

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    When I saw Knight get hit late by 2 guys, I was thinking intentional, with desire to hurt him. It brought to mind the dirty hit on one of our highly regarded lineman at the game with U of Washington up in Seattle. I don't remember who they got, but he was out most or all of the rest of the season.
    That hit was against DeMargus Granger and his career was never the same. I accept that injuries are part of the game, but it's really irksome when they are caused intentionally.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    he got hit by 3...the last being the 6'9 290 DE that was mouthing off about respect. led with his forearm after Knight was already on the ground..and followed through to his head....just watch it. totally intentional
    I believe he's actually 6'8" and 280. And yes he did lead with his forearm. Dirty hit, but I can see why it wasn't flagged as a late hit. Not sure if the BXII office can discipline like the NFL can. I suppose Briles can. Stoops can certainly bring it to the attention of the BXII.

vCash

Knight's injury is on Bob Stoops. Knight should not have been in at that point in the game given the score. That's just Bob Stoops being a selfish and stubborn jerk once more, but this time, it bit him on the backside.

vCash

Knight's injury is on Knight. The kid is fragile and we need to learn how to play without him.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimsoncrusader View Post
    Knight's injury is on Bob Stoops. Knight should not have been in at that point in the game given the score. That's just Bob Stoops being a selfish and stubborn jerk once more, but this time, it bit him on the backside.
    I agree that Knight shouldn't have been in but it doesn't excuse the Baylor thug's actions.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Knight's injury is on Knight. The kid is fragile and we need to learn how to play without him.
    Really? Would you say the same thing about Sam Bradford? He had a ton of injuries during his OU career.

My 12 year old thinks he wants to play football next year. I have heard the junior high and high school coaches here put pressure on kids to play with injuries. That type of attitude is detrimental to the program and the game in the long run.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Really? Would you say the same thing about Sam Bradford? He had a ton of injuries during his OU career.

My 12 year old thinks he wants to play football next year. I have heard the junior high and high school coaches here put pressure on kids to play with injuries. That type of attitude is detrimental to the program and the game in the long run.
    Sam had one injury at OU after playing for 2 years. He then re-aggravated it against Texas. Knight was injured twice last year, briefly injured earlier this year, and now injured again apparently. He is slightly built and fragile. I suspect that is one reason why Stoops didn't run him for so long.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Would be difficult to not make my next play from scrimmage a double chop block on Oakman (take out both his knees while he is engaged high) and then pile on the dirty mother scratcher. At least that is how we handled those types of players when we played mud lot football when I was a kid.
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Sam had one injury at OU after playing for 2 years. He then re-aggravated it against Texas. Knight was injured twice last year, briefly injured earlier this year, and now injured again apparently. He is slightly built and fragile. I suspect that is one reason why Stoops didn't run him for so long.
    He also had a concussion against TTU and tore up his thumb against OSU ( although the latter didn't cause him to miss time).

vCash

Nevrmind. The TT game was mentioned in the previous post.

Administrator
    vCash

Sounds like TK is being held out of practice today (Monday), and it'll be a 'wait and see' situation. Stoops reaffirmed that all test results were negative and that the injury wasn't related to TK's head. He wouldn't elaborate, but I think it's safe to assume it's a shoulder issue. Nonetheless, Stoops said he was just "very sore". If TK can't go, Thomas is the guy and Blake will get some extra work at QB this week and will be the back-up for Thomas.

On a semi-related note, Tyrus Thompson said that "Cody is going to be really good" and he mentioned that things will be interesting next year (as it relates to Thomas or Knight at QB). I always think the players comments are far more informative than what the coaches say, and Thompson seemed pretty excited about Thomas' ability.

vCash

Just getting a week of practice with the first team will be a great experience for Thomas. I'm not expecting miracles from a guy with so little experience, but it will be interesting to see what he can do if he gets the call. It will also be interesting to see how the team plays and if they respond to playing for pride (which is important, IMO).

vCash

So, now it's a "Good Thing" that Trevor got the illegal, damaging hits?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

You serious, Clark?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Trevor, shoulder, nothing more. I know the stretcher freaked people out but it was completely precautionary

Administrator
    vCash

Where did you see that?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Sounds like TK is being held out of practice today (Monday), and it'll be a 'wait and see' situation. Stoops reaffirmed that all test results were negative and that the injury wasn't related to TK's head. He wouldn't elaborate, but I think it's safe to assume it's a shoulder issue. Nonetheless, Stoops said he was just "very sore". If TK can't go, Thomas is the guy and Blake will get some extra work at QB this week and will be the back-up for Thomas.

On a semi-related note, Tyrus Thompson said that "Cody is going to be really good" and he mentioned that things will be interesting next year (as it relates to Thomas or Knight at QB). I always think the players comments are far more informative than what the coaches say, and Thompson seemed pretty excited about Thomas' ability.
    He can't possibly be worse in the vision and accuracy departments can he?
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

vCash

Who said that? If I were HBC, I would start Thomas next week regardless because TK has to be accountable for throwing pick-6s (minus 1 yard). But Bob doesn't seem to that at the QB position, but being cautious with TK gives him the perfect excuse without saying he is benching TK. Competition has a very focusing effect.