Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Hated Losing To KSU But Snyder Has More Class in His Pinkie Finger Than Briles Ha

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Just rewatched it again, Baylor #2 came in late leading with his forearm elbow to TKs head .

Ill call it a cheap shot.
    I concur, it amazed me with all of this focus on head shots that it was hardly mentioned that he was already down on the ground having been tackled by two other players when a near 300 lb. tackle gave Knight a forearm shiver to the head. Should have been a late hit at a minimum and a targeting with ejection, there was no need in that crap. Baylor did play less "thuggish" than they typically do other than the motor mouth receivers and DB's trash talking, they didn't have their typical late hit crap for the most part. I don't think Briles or Bennett coaches the thug behavior, I think it just comes naturally to many of their players and they don't really do anything about it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Hated Losing To KSU But Snyder Has More Class in His Pinkie Finger Than Briles Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Well said SicEm! If you get your a** handed to you as OU did today, take it like a man.
    Commenting on cheap shots by opposing players has nothing to do with taking it like a man. And WTF does watching a college football game have to do with being a man or maybe I missed the part where you or somebody in your family was down on the field playing.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

It was a bang bang play. Quit whining. We got our anuses handed to us. Again. I will always like Briles simply for the fact that he hates that whiny b**ch Patterson.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Commenting on cheap shots by opposing players has nothing to do with taking it like a man. And WTF does watching a college football game have to do with being a man or maybe I missed the part where you or somebody in your family was down on the field playing.
    Or maybe your reading comprehension is shaky?

But whine some more about the other team being a bunch of ol meanies to us - looks real good on an OU fan.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

But whine some more about the other team being a bunch of ol meanies to us - looks real good on an OU fan.
    Especially when we have a thread on here praising Brian Bosroid for his brashness and on the field stupidity from back in the day.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

You are the one lacking the reading comprehension. I have stated repeatedly Baylor is the far superior team. My comments were directed at the fact that Baylor seems to have a need to take cheap shots in order to prove their dominance. In this day and age of heightened awareness of football related injuries that is attention that Baylor's coaches really don't want. I enjoy football but I am also smart enough to see where this whole issue of football related injuries is headed. Inflicting unnecessary injuries like Baylor does just gives the naysayers more ammunition.

But just continue with your faux macho bravado. I'm sure that type of rhetoric will carry a lot of weight in the legal system when the class action lawsuits start rolling in against not just the NFL but college teams also. And watch what happens when they go after the manufacturers of football equipment.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

got to agree, it was a bang/bang play...

*BUT Knight was clearly being tackled WAY before this 6'8 290 dude decided he was adding to it...AND he led with his forearm and targeted his head AND followed through. Watch the replay.

bu was clearly the better team and kicked the living $hit out of OU..

*doesn't mean we can't bring that play up. I hope Stoops does that to the league.

We loved the Boz

*times have changed...much more emphasis on player safety.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/201...rsity-near-you

High Schools are dropping football due to costs and the injury issue. Teams like Baylor do not aid the argument for not doing so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    I concur, it amazed me with all of this focus on head shots that it was hardly mentioned that he was already down on the ground having been tackled by two other players when a near 300 lb. tackle gave Knight a forearm shiver to the head. Should have been a late hit at a minimum and a targeting with ejection, there was no need in that crap. Baylor did play less "thuggish" than they typically do other than the motor mouth receivers and DB's trash talking, they didn't have their typical late hit crap for the most part. I don't think Briles or Bennett coaches the thug behavior, I think it just comes naturally to many of their players and they don't really do anything about it.
    Well said, and it's truly terrible officiating that there was no penalty nor ejections.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    You are the one lacking the reading comprehension. I have stated repeatedly Baylor is the far superior team. My comments were directed at the fact that Baylor seems to have a need to take cheap shots in order to prove their dominance. In this day and age of heightened awareness of football related injuries that is attention that Baylor's coaches really don't want. I enjoy football but I am also smart enough to see where this whole issue of football related injuries is headed. Inflicting unnecessary injuries like Baylor does just gives the naysayers more ammunition.

But just continue with your faux macho bravado. I'm sure that type of rhetoric will carry a lot of weight in the legal system when the class action lawsuits start rolling in against not just the NFL but college teams also. And watch what happens when they go after the manufacturers of football equipment.
    Excellence in Posting!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

speaking of the Boz. Most of you remember and for those that don't watch some film of him playing at OU. If we had a few players like that we wouldn't be drowning in our tears right now.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    speaking of the Boz. Most of you remember and for those that don't watch some film of him playing at OU. If we had a few players like that we wouldn't be drowning in our tears right now.
    But don't like you like Sooner fans stooping (see what I did there?) to saying how the other team was being big ol meanies? Bahahahaha
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 11/9/2014 at 09:12 PM.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Curly, nobody is saying Baylor won because of the cheap shot or that it in any way excuses the pathetic performance of our coaching staff. This is a separate issue. If you really think the hits on Knight and Shepard last year have a place in college football then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    The stupidest **** I read from you is football related. Stay out of the football forum so that my opinion of your IQ doesn't plummet.

Nothing seems to pussify OU fans more than losing. It's a game. It's a rough game. OU used to know and understand this, and OU used to nearly murder other teams on the field leaving their bloody corpses for the buzzards. That's the way it ought to be. I ****ing hated it when, during our slim years, Baylor fans would bitch and bitch and bitch about being blownout and how it wasn't 'classy' or how the opposing defense was too 'rough' on our offense. For Christ's sake, it's football not duck duck ****ing goose.

The Boz would not approve of this ****. I love OU. Start acting like OU.
    **** YOU LITTLE **** BITCH
    Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...

vCash

But don't like you like Sooner fans stooping (see what I did there?) about the other team being big ol meanies? Bahahahaha
    I don't recall stating a position on the matter. But since you brought it up, I don't care for what was posted but probably some truth in it. I've never cared for crowing too loudly after a win and I don't care equally for bitching about the other team after a loss. There was a time OU was the bully but seems like more and more we're becoming other teams beyotch and stepping stone.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CatfishSooner View Post
    **** YOU LITTLE **** BITCH