Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash

Re: Not well-coached and TK may not be the answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Which is why he and his team got their as*ses whipped by C-USA Champion Central Florida in the bowl game last season.

Briles is dog vomit and so is Baylor. The Big 12 - essentially, Texas and Oklahoma - chose to let the best competition from the conference go, running them off as fast as they could so that they could get a bigger share of the pie.

Well, OU and Texas got their money. But, doing so has greatly watered down the competition in the conference. The Big 12 is now no better than the former Big East.

Our AD fumbled greatly by allowing Mizzou to take the last spot in the SEC. He was too busy counting dollar signs with Deloss Dodds to worry about competition. Texas got smart quick and got rid of DeLoss and Mack Brown...and the president who wouldn't fire them. You wonder how long it will take OU's boosters to get wise enough to do the same up here.
    If we're "dog vomit" and you can't beat us then I'm not sure what makes you think you could win against tougher competition. Your logic isn't very compelling. And do you really want to talk about ****ting the bed in bowl games?

The idiotic written diarrhea you've been espousing on this subject for years is tiresome, factually and demonstrably untrue, and positively dripping with personal resentment.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    I stopped reading, right there. Complete and utter bull$hit!!!
    That's where you screwed up. That implies that you actually read TDTW's posts at all.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Which is why he and his team got their as*ses whipped by C-USA Champion Central Florida in the bowl game last season.

The Big 12 - essentially, Texas and Oklahoma - chose to let the best competition from the conference go, running them off as fast as they could so that they could get a bigger share of the pie.
    Just b/c Texas A&M put a couple extra conference championships up on their stadium wall doesn't mean that's what actually happened. I do miss Nebraska, but Mizzou and Colorado were only relevant in the weak North division and A&M was like the creepy uncle living downstairs in the South. TCU and WVU have more than made up for the competition we lost imo. Three days later I can't give your sobriety the benefit of the doubt on this one.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Whatever man, you can go full retard and start embellishing to make your point and I for one am glad that you are not in charge of our football staff...I can't even remember the last time you had something positive to say about our team...it was probably in the 80s

Your comparison to the Big XII and the Big East are far from logical...Baylor, TCU, and KSU are head and shoulders above anyone that ever suited up in the BE...with the xception of the U's criminal teams
    Yes. I know that each of them has been to bowl games two decades in a row, as Virginia Tech as well, right? K-State's only saving grace is that they were former Big 12.

Baylor has had maybe half a dozen decent football seasons. TCU about a dozen. The only thing TCU has over Baylor, if anything, is that they actually won the BCS bowl they played. Maybe if they'd played a C-USA Champion, like Baylor, they'd have lost as well.

But, the Rose Bowl doesn't take C-USA Champions, anyway, so it's a moot point. And, Fiesta Bowl found out quickly enough how few people care about Baylor and UCF when they have the two schools return 15,000 tickets - for two schools playing in their first BCS bowl. Their own fanbases didn't even give a crap.

That's the type of school Castiglione and Boren chose to conference with when they decided to keep us in the Big 12 instead of going SEC. Smart.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I too hope to see Thomas get a start - even if it's just to throw some competition into the equation. I'd like to see more PT for backup players at other positions too. I'm not suggesting wholesale changes of the starting lineup, but just more rotation to get some guys in live game situations with the ones. It's time to start thinking about next year.
    Agree 110%. Let's see whether Thomas can read more than one or two progressions, and can put the ball where it needs to be, and quickly, like the pre-Knight Sooner QBs used to do.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

I stopped reading, right there. Complete and utter bull$hit!!!
    Nope. The man speaks the truth. Watch what happens this bowl season. I guess baylor might catch a totally disinterested power conference team in a bowl game like OU did last year and get the W but I doubt it.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.