Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Sooner8th, I Sincerely Would Like To Hear Your Opinions Re: The Recent Election

I think I know what they are because I have read a few editorial comments from writers at the NYT and Huffington Post. Essentially they believe everybody who voted for the GOP are a bunch of uneducated, inbred rednecks or are very gullible and have been brainwashed by Fox News. They are in severe denial and think Obama needs to issue a flurry of executive orders while vetoing everything that the GOP sends to him. Paul Krugman's little temper tantrum was one of the most enjoyable opinion pieces I have read in a long time.

THE TRIUMPH OF THE WRONG:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/07/op...f=opinion&_r=1

OMG, the butt hurt arrogance and elitism in this article and the comments section is palpable.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 11/7/2014 at 04:01 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Sooner8th, I Sincerely Would Like To Hear Your Opinions Re: The Recent Election

Well lets see-The Dems have lost 14 Senate seats ----71 House seats ---and 10 Govs since Barack took office----I hope he keeps up the good work

vCash

Re: Sooner8th, I Sincerely Would Like To Hear Your Opinions Re: The Recent Election

He's still hiding and licking his balls
    Im still gonna ax him my question when /IF he ever shows back up/.
    /
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

He'll be back. I imagine he has gone on his own vision quest. Somewhere on the highest mountain peak 8th is summoning is inner Saul Alinsky and will be back more petulant then ever loaded with irrelevant charts and graphs.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    He's still hiding and licking his balls
    Im still gonna ax him my question when /IF he ever shows back up/.
    /
    You do not want to "Sincerely Would Like To Hear Your Opinions Re: The Recent Election". Look at what you put above about me licking my balls. It just goes to show you don't know anything about me. I was traveling for work, IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR.

If you want to know my opinions then here they are - this is a typical mid term election in the second term. You and your are crowing about a total repudiation of the leftist and his policies and agenda by losing 7 to 9 seats, screaming the American people don't like liberal policies. Hell reagan lost 8 senate seats and Ike lost 13 in their second term midterms, we didn't drop our pants get in a circle with our fellow liberals and start to pleasure ourselves over it and you guys didn't freak out and capitulate to the democrats.

Mid terms always favor republicans, because fewer democrats vote in them, why do you think your party is trying so hard to limit voting? 42% of registered voters voted this cycle as compared to 62% in '12.

You can blame this on obama and reid, not for their policies 'cause 4.6% and 3.5% gdp the last two quarters and 209k PRIVATE SECTOR jobs the last month to go along with over 200k jobs per month the last 7 month and the lowest first time jobless claims 4 week moving average since 2000 don't lie. His policies and agenda are working. It's that reid was too much of a ***** to take the republicans marching to rush's order to "use every legislative tactic available" to thwart what we wanted to do while hoping and praying for America to fail and change seriously and change the rules so we could get some things accomplished. That health care fight was just plain stupid and never should have taken so long, we kept trying to change it appease republicans on their own policy. Should have opened up medicare to be available to be purchased for coverage and left it at that.

As for obama he should have been crowing everyday about how well the economy is doing, of course there is work to do - income and hours worked need to go up, but that will come as employment keeps going up.

Obama and Reid should have woken up everyday like dubya and rove did thinking what can we do for our base today, instead of being worried about what the right was going to say. When you guys had a chance in the last farm bill, you rewarded and bought more votes by INCREASING farm subsidies to your base.

So keep on gloating and puffed up, let's treat this election like you did in 2008, just wait till the next election when "real" Americans vote and see what happens.

If my cowardly, chicken **** conservative house rep or senators had the balls to have a town hall meeting, I'll show up waving a tiny American flag crying - I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Kudos for replying. I must say that your opinion was much more mature and introspective than most of the progressive bloggers I have read today. A question I have for you is why didn't the electorate perceive how well the economy is doing? My contention is that the macro headlines(the unemployment numbers and the average GDP numbers) did not mask what many voters were seeing in their own lives.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Kudos for replying. I must say that your opinion was much more mature and introspective than most of the progressive bloggers I have read today. A question I have for you is why didn't the electorate perceive how well the economy is doing? My contention is that the macro headlines(the unemployment numbers and the average GDP numbers) did not mask what many voters were seeing in their own lives.
    Hey 8th , see what happens when you're civil? People respond in a civil manner. Was that's so difficult? I still picked up a little doughy-ness, but not nearly at your usual level.

Thanks
    this is bull****
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    You can blame this on obama and reid, not for their policies 'cause 4.6% and 3.5% gdp the last two quarters and 209k PRIVATE SECTOR jobs the last month to go along with over 200k jobs per month the last 7 month and the lowest first time jobless claims 4 week moving average since 2000 don't lie
    They may not lie but they don't tell the whole story either. Stockman breaks it all down better than anybody else

http://davidstockmanscontracorner.co...ckmans-corner/

and NO this isn't a 'rightwing nut website'

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    I'll add a small perspective about the electorate....I can't speak to the national aspect but
    statewide here in Iowa, it was a complete flood of personal attacks to both sides. Nowhere
    was there much of an issue campaign. The rising star for the Pubs made her bones talking
    about castrating hogs...when she was asked about specific issues she reverted to Pub talking
    points. She even refused (too busy) to sit down with the Des Moines Register (just like her
    mentor, gov. Branstad). The Dems fell into the same old, same old...let's let a recovering
    economy speak for itself..more jobs, a rocking stock market, lower gas prices, low inflation,
    etc. etc. On the other hand, the out of state money (thank you, Citizen's United!) poured in
    to hammer on a Dem mistake and truly poisoned the electorate. The Rove mantra..shout loud,
    long and often, with veracity in question, and they will believe!

Full disclosure here, the Dem candidates were inept and ran poor campaigns and got what they
    deserved, imo. Having said that, I hope that 2016 brings a reversal in the Senate (I think it will).
    So much depends on the quality of the candidates. and the quality of the message presentation.

Judging from the number of emails that I have received, the work is already afoot, so we will see.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSoonerThanLater View Post
    Hey 8th , see what happens when you're civil? People respond in a civil manner. Was that's so difficult? I still picked up a little doughy-ness, but not nearly at your usual level.

Thanks
    So what you are saying is as long as I ignore the insults and snide comments from olevet and others, I'm ok?

I'd like to see you complain and/or call out olevet about his behavior as much as you do mine.

vCash

So what you are saying is as long as I ignore the insults and snide comments from olevet and others, I'm ok?

I'd like to see you complain and/or call out olevet about his behavior as much as you do mine.
    This is rich LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

This is rich LOL
    Hell your second post said I'm licking my balls. GGGEEEEZZZZZ

vCash

Why are you licking your own balls? Is Barry holding out on you?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Why are you licking your own balls? Is Barry holding out on you?
    It was my Mistake yet an honest one . He was licking Bracks Balls
    My bad.

Sooner Benchwarmer IGotNoTiming's Avatar
    vCash

Sooner 8th,
    Olevet is harmless and a nice guy,sometimes he is really good at getting your goat. I have seen in the past when you make a relevant post only to get drawn into going completely off topic and get sucked into 7th grade vitriol. Don't let it happen. You do know that is what is trying to be done? There are several guys on this board that will neg speak me in heart beat instead of engaging in dialogue. Several years ago, I used to get pissed now I laugh.Just thicken up your skin and remember none of this means anything. People are just having fun.

vCash

On topic, I read a great editorial (lengthy)on why the dems lost and I quite frankly agree with it. Buckle in if you dare...
    http://www.stonekettle.com/2014/11/t....html?spref=fb

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I agree with Rock, I was really sick of hearing BOTH sides do nothing but complain about each other. With that said, I still voted for the platform I agree with.

Ya know 8th you CONTINUE to push the "private" sector job thing. So, tell me, since I'm a "gov employee - a teacher, on the gov payroll...the cushy job area"...you don't call teachers, police, firefighters, highway maintenance workers, etc...any of us worth a $hit?

IF I charged to educate YOUR kids what the going rate is for day-care I'd make a hell of a lot more, and it'd cost you a hell of a lot more.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by IGotNoTiming View Post
    Sooner 8th,
    Olevet is harmless and a nice guy,sometimes he is really good at getting your goat. I have seen in the past when you make a relevant post only to get drawn into going completely off topic and get sucked into 7th grade vitriol. Don't let it happen. You do know that is what is trying to be done? There are several guys on this board that will neg speak me in heart beat instead of engaging in dialogue. Several years ago, I used to get pissed now I laugh.Just thicken up your skin and remember none of this means anything. People are just having fun.
    Are you calling me a trouble making rabble rouser ?

vCash

Cool Re: Sooner8th, I Sincerely Would Like To Hear Your Opinions Re: The Recent Election

Lol...no but like my wife you have incredible timing with words, usually witty and sometimes well thought out

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

You're a dam internet bully!!!