Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shepherd Injury

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Shepherd Injury

Hoping that's all it is... and he's back on the field in time for this week's matchup against Baylor.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Therealsouthsider View Post
    ....a miniature helmet and shoulder-pads might help

ss
    Wrap that rascal!

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    On the cart, he was acting like it was a groin strain. Personally, I think he took a shot to the jewels and got a minor strain when he did the semi-splits after he took the shot.
    I've re-watched the whole thing (far too many times than I want to admit), and outside of him kinda rubbing his inner thigh, I don't see it. He was laughing at one point, and was walking fine when he came back out. He could have strained it a little, but I think the majority of his reaction was thanks to the DB's shoulder in his crotch.

I'd be very surprised if he wasn't practicing at some point this week, and even more surprised if he isn't on the field Saturday.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Apparently he practiced full speed yesterday and is good to go. Source: TFB.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I am hoping that his absence on Saturday (as well as his brief absence during KSU) meant that TK built up some kind of reasonable trust in the other receivers. Shepard is to him what Broyles was to Landry.

vCash

This seems to have been rather more serious than we'd hoped. Was reading today that he may not play vs Kansas.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Administrator
    vCash

Yep. Proves that I have no idea how to read injuries. I really thought he'd be good to go against Baylor...now it may not be until possibly OSU.

At least its not his senior year. That's as positive as I can be about it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Yep. Proves that I have no idea how to read injuries. I really thought he'd be good to go against Baylor...now it may not be until possibly OSU.

At least its not his senior year. That's as positive as I can be about it.
    Hard to read injuries when the team keeps the real story a secret. But in this case, he was carted off the field, so there's that.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Hard to read injuries when the team keeps the real story a secret. But in this case, he was carted off the field, so there's that.
    I understand why they keep the information guarded, but it's all just so weird.

The week of the Baylor game, it was a "day to day" situation. Last week, it was "he's playing", then he obviously didn't feel good enough to stay in the game. With Knight, he was "day to day" last week, but Stoops was clear today that he wouldn't play against KU.

They've never been very forthcoming with the injury info, and like I said, I understand the reasoning. It just makes me look bad on message boards...and I can't have that!

vCash

I guess it's one of those injuries where you can't really tell if it's healed until you push it, but pushing it risks making it worse.

vCash

I'm guessing they knew that TK wasn't going to play immediately but wanted to keep TT wondering. But now that the extent of the injury is out there, they are not bothered to try to hide it.

With groin strains, game day doesn't seem like a good time to test it. If it hasn't been solid at full go for a few days in practice, it's not going to hold when the intensity is up another notch.

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

[nitpick] It's spelled Shepard. Y'all show some respect for his father's legacy.

And for crying out loud get off my lawn! [/nitpick]
    Last edited by SanDiegoSoonerGal; 11/18/2014 at 01:42 AM.

vCash

Its a groin pull. When it happened, I said "not good". Anyone that's experienced more than one, knows there's ONE absolute. No one can tell you how long they'll last. You can be good to go, in a week... or they can linger all year long. It just takes one tweak, in the wrong area. The only injury I can remember being more stubborn and that's only because they still bug me to this day, are back spasms.