Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: More great news on the economy! 3.5% Q3 growth in GDP

not according to 8th....
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, as long as BO is prez no worries. You guys just need to quit reading all of those right-wing-nut websites like treasury.gov.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    Come on guys, go get yourselves a cold one after work to celebrate! Combined with Q2 growth of 4.6% it's the best two consecutive quarters since 2003 and the fourth out of the past five in which it has been 3 percent or better! OBAMA, OBAMA, OBAMA!

Come on naysayers of doom, tell us how this is all made up and cooked by some lib in some guberment office.

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/nati...ewsrelease.htm
    i call BS, it will be adjusted down to the real number in about 3 weeks. Faked data...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    Despite what DC does,,,our economic system is the greatest of all time. Regardless of all regulations, etc,,US form of Capitalism is overcoming all obstacles.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    China has been lying about their growth for years.

The world's economy is awash in liquidity provided by the Fed and other Central banks around the world yet wages are falling, work force participation is falling, the income gap is increasing.

Tell me how the income gap increases under 6 years of a Democratic president, 2 years of Democratic control of both houses of Congress and 6 years of Democratic control of the Senate? I thought the Democrats were the friend of the middle and lower classes?
    work force participation - take a shot everyone

You do understand this started in the '80's don't you? You do understand it always grows in a recession. It's not my party that wants low wages, what are you bitching about?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    i call BS, it will be adjusted down to the real number in about 3 weeks. Faked data...
    Lemming Remember this in three months, we'll see just like the september numbers right before the 2012 election that were adjusted.......UP!

vCash

China has been lying about their growth for years.

The world's economy is awash in liquidity provided by the Fed and other Central banks around the world yet wages are falling, work force participation is falling, the income gap is increasing.

Tell me how the income gap increases under 6 years of a Democratic president, 2 years of Democratic control of both houses of Congress and 6 years of Democratic control of the Senate? I thought the Democrats were the friend of the middle and lower classes?
    Hey, did you see this?

Overall compensation increased by increased by 0.7% in Q3, and wages increased by 0.8%. Year-over-year, compensation is up 2.2%, with wages up 2.1%.

This looks like the wage growth that everyone has been looking for after signs the labor market is tightening up.

"The acceleration in wages is not really a surprise given how tight the labor market is, see also all the work we have done on this topic in recent months," Deustche Bank's Torsten Slok said. "The wage acceleration we are seeing tells us that the NAIRU in the US economy is around 5.9%. Fixed income investors should be paying attention to the rising trend in wages because the FOMC will not be ignoring it. In other words, it is time to protect your portfolio against higher rates."

http://www.businessinsider.com/wages...0#ixzz3Huwq633

Just like I've been saying, wages drop during a recession and start to raise when labor markets tighten up. Supply and DEMAND.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

Obama has helped the rich, and hurt the working class. Is that what you're bragging about? You chastised Bush for the same thing.
    Obama is just about big money, nothing else.

Now, his foreign policy is even more interesting. If your want to feel weak and insignificant. Seems a lot like the Carter Days.
    Last edited by cleller; 11/3/2014 at 11:23 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Now don't be diminishing 8th's message of all is well with some of those pesky real world impacts of "The One's" policies.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cleller View Post
    Obama has helped the rich, and hurt the working class. Is that what you're bragging about? You chastised Bush for the same thing.
    Obama is just about big money, nothing else.

Now, his foreign policy is even more interesting. If your want to feel weak and insignificant. Seems a lot like the Carter Days.
    Tell me what you want him to do different in foreign policy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Faked data huh? It was adjusted UP to 3.9%! Following a 4.6 percent surge in the spring, which resulted in the biggest consecutive quarters of growth since 2003!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6218116.html

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Faked data huh? It was adjusted UP to 3.9%! Following a 4.6 percent surge in the spring, which resulted in the biggest consecutive quarters of growth since 2003!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6218116.html
    I guess the American public didn't get the memo. I guess they are just stupid or maybe they don't see all of the rosey economic projections being put out by the Obama administration.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/179561/ec...ur-points.aspx
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

I guess the American public didn't get the memo. I guess they are just stupid or maybe they don't see all of the rosey economic projections being put out by the Obama administration.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/179561/ec...ur-points.aspx
    You are finally catching on aren't you? What does economic confidence index have to do with last quarters GDP growth of 3.9%? Always looking for the black lining on the silver cloud.

vCash

I think that there have been improvements in the economy but the beneficial effects of those improvements have been very unevenly distributed and have tended to favor the upper 1%. It's not Obama's fault. It's a sytemic problem related to the breadth and scope of our federal government's policies and priorities. It will not be changed by a President or a Congress. It is like the Doc Ock fission experiment in Spiderman II....it is self-sustaining. I just think you need to open your eyes and realize the Democrats are just as much in the back pockets of the super rich as the GOP are.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 11/25/2014 at 05:16 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

I think that there have been improvements in the economy but the beneficial effects of those improvements have been very unevenly distributed and have tended to favor the upper 1%. It's not Obama's fault. It's a sytemic problem related to the breadth and scope of our federal government's policies and priorities. It will not be changed by a President or a Congress. It is like the Doc Ock fission experiment in Spiderman II....it is self-sustaining. I just think you need to open your eyes and realize the Democrats are just as much in the back pockets of the super rich as the GOP are.
    It's only been going on for 45 years and now that obama is the president it's a problem for the right, huh? It was bush who said, you should be able to make as much money as you possible can when we were talking about the ceo's and management taking a haircut along with labor during the auto bailout fight. It is your party that fights campaign spending limits and reining in unlimited campaign giving and spending. Nothing will change until we limit how much can be given and spent on campaigns.

vCash

It's only been going on for 45 years and now that obama is the president it's a problem for the right, huh? It was bush who said, you should be able to make as much money as you possible can when we were talking about the ceo's and management taking a haircut along with labor during the auto bailout fight. It is your party that fights campaign spending limits and reining in unlimited campaign giving and spending. Nothing will change until we limit how much can be given and spent on campaigns.
    I don't know about the right but on the GOP side Rand Paul and his father have been talking about crony capitalism for a long time. I am intrigued by Elizabeth Warren's stance on this issue but I am not sure if she is willing to go beyond just blaming the big banks for the ills caused by both the big banks and big government policies.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...and-Plutocrats

I did find this about Warren:
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/...7031411938283/
    Last edited by FaninAma; 11/26/2014 at 11:06 AM.

vCash

I don't know about the right but on the GOP side Rand Paul and his father have been talking about crony capitalism for a long time. I am intrigued by Elizabeth Warren's stance on this issue but I am not sure if she is willing to go beyond just blaming the big banks for the ills caused by both the big banks and big government policies.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...and-Plutocrats

I did find this about Warren:
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/...7031411938283/
    Where was your and your party's concern about "crony capitalism" when bush was in office?

vCash

Where was your and your party's concern about "crony capitalism" when bush was in office?
    My guy was Ron Paul. What has your guy, Barak Obama, done to loosen the crony capitalists' grip on the government? Has the Fed been audited or had its massive power reigned in? Any big bankers involved in the 2008 meltdown gone to prison?

Bush sucked but so did the Democrats from 1996 to 2008. There were a lot of Democrats that helped deregulate the banks and allowed them to make risky loans. There was a lot of Democrat support to repeal Glas-Stegal.