Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Joe Mixon update

Plea deal

Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon issued an apology Thursday and has entered an Alford plea to a misdemeanor charge for punching a woman at a Norman restaurant on July 25.

In an Alford plea, a defendant can maintain that he is innocent but allow a court to pronounce him guilty, acknowledging that sufficient evidence exists for a jury to find him guilty.

Mixon has received a one-year deferred sentence, will be responsible for 100 hours of community service and have to partake in counseling.
    Hopefully everyone involved can put this behind them and move on

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Joe Mixon update

There will be a civil suit as well. So, some jury down the road will see the tape of him knocking out the girl.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    There will be a civil suit as well. So, some jury down the road will see the tape of him knocking out the girl.
    The tape should be released to the public in the next few days based on a new state law about to go in effect.
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

I wonder...since the case is closed prior to the date, it may not be released per old laws.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    I wonder...since the case is closed prior to the date, it may not be released per old laws.
    Interesting point though I would 'assume' the law would be retroactive (unless they are able to legally destroy the tape before the law goes into effect). I'm sure the local media will continue pressing on getting it released and posted to NewsOK.com.
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

T
    So, some jury down the road will see the tape of him knocking out the girl.
    more about the tape being released to the public...

Is this so he can be crucified more? I'm all for justice...I'm all for punishment. The kid is not playing football this year. He was a fault, but so was the drunk (underage) chick that hit him. They both were guilty.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Administrator
    vCash

I'd just as soon the tape come out now, so that the media can move past it...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Wasn't the tape due to come out Nov 1?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I'd just as soon the tape come out now, so that the media can move past it...
    The media's already seen it, so not sure what the next story would be--- public reaction, perhaps?

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    The media's already seen it, so not sure what the next story would be--- public reaction, perhaps?
    I know the media has seen the tape, but you and I both know what kind of circus they'll make it when the public sees it. It's bad enough (from what I've read), but the media will do their typical thing, and it'll be all you hear about locally for a week.

vCash

I know the media has seen the tape, but you and I both know what kind of circus they'll make it when the public sees it. It's bad enough (from what I've read), but the media will do their typical thing, and it'll be all you hear about locally for a week.
    yup....crucify him again....
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Maybe they release it 2 days before the Grand jury in Ferguson says "No-Bill"
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Maybe they release it 2 days before the Grand jury in Ferguson says "No-Bill"
    That would be excellent timing...

Administrator
    vCash

It sounds like the video may never reach the public eye. The DA said they will not release the video Monday (now that a plea deal is done), and a copy of the tape will stay on file (in case of future litigation). The original will be returned to Pickleman's, and they will destroy it once received.

This is all from the Tulsa World's Guerin Emig.

vCash

It sounds like the video may never reach the public eye. The DA said they will not release the video Monday (now that a plea deal is done), and a copy of the tape will stay on file (in case of future litigation). The original will be returned to Pickleman's, and they will destroy it once received.

This is all from the Tulsa World's Guerin Emig.
    That will work also. But Ya just know some assclown out there has a bootleg copy and will release it for the shock factor.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    more about the tape being released to the public...

Is this so he can be crucified more? I'm all for justice...I'm all for punishment. The kid is not playing football this year. He was a fault, but so was the drunk (underage) chick that hit him. They both were guilty.
    Oh, yeah...I forgot that the girl that weighed 100+ pounds less than him also broke four bones in his face. How silly to forget what a physical threat she was to him. I'm sure the jury during the civil trial will agree...if Mixon's attorney doesn't settle first.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Oh, yeah...I forgot that the girl that weighed 100+ pounds less than him also broke four bones in his face. How silly to forget what a physical threat she was to him. I'm sure the jury during the civil trial will agree...if Mixon's attorney doesn't settle first.

where did I say that?

lol...whatever. guess reading is a choice? I said they BOTH were guilty. I'm sure he will get sued. I'd sue her back for slander, if she called him ******. She physically assaulted him. The courts already determined he had the advantage, therefor he got in trouble.

where did I say that?

lol...whatever. guess reading is a choice? I said they BOTH were guilty. I'm sure he will get sued. I'd sue her back for slander, if she called him ******. She physically assaulted him. The courts already determined he had the advantage, therefor he got in trouble.
    Don't be silly! Women can't physically assault a man remember??

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

where did I say that?

The courts didn't determine anything. The DA did. The criminal case has absolutely no bearing on civil litigation.

It's not slander if she called him that, but it is a mitigating circumstance. "Them is fightin' words," as we like to say.

So far as I know, she can sue Mixon, but he isn't some rich football player yet. She ought to claim lifelong headaches about 5-6 years down the road when he's making bank, depending on what the statute of limitations is. By then, it's probably too late to sue. Not sure what the laws are in Oklahoma, but I think it's something like 2-3 years in Texas because my buddy got sued over a car wreck that occurred 2-3 years to the day prior. Frigging lawyers.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I'm sure Mixon's lawyer waited as long as he could trying to get the best deal. He knew the 11/1 tape release would not be good. But the DA is no dummy and he knew he had hand. The plea is very favorable to Mixon which shows the DA is sympathic to the circumstances. My only question is whether there is any way to seal the files now so the tape doesn't go public. Not that it would make any difference in a civil suit, but it would keep OU out of an FSU-esque spotlight.