Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: My Midterm Ballot

A vote for Orman is a vote for Harry reid to remain Senate Majority Leader.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    A vote for Orman is a vote for Harry reid to remain Senate Majority Leader.
    yup, which is why I'll vote for Roberts.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Did Roberts finally move to Kansas?

Always kinda nice to actually live in the State you represent.

With Congress's approval even less than Obama's, anyone who votes to reelect a Congressperson has no business complaining.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    yup, which is why I'll vote for Roberts.
    I think you know what word I'm thinking here. Trying to be nice.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post

With Congress's approval even less than Obama's, anyone who votes to reelect a Congressperson has no business complaining.

5-0
    No he has not. Still living in Virginia and going back home to Virginia to rest after the primary, but he does come back whenever he gets an opponent.

vCash

lol..whatever bud...I really could care less what you think, but I'll play along...there were only 2 candidates...had to vote for one. I voted in the primary trying to get the incumbent out, my guy lost so I either vote for the pub or the independent...who is really a dem.
    I think Sic'Em is saying you have the option to not vote, or not vote a particular race if you don't like the candidate. I wish that declining voter participation would worry the pols that they are losing legitimacy in the eyes of the people, but (here where there are no unicorns) they DGAS. They just plan their campaigns around the existing preferences and participation rates. (And give more military hardware to the police.)

The question for Sic'Em (if I read his comments correctly) is how do you effect the political environment that you have to live and hopefully thrive in? Or do you give that up as a fool's game and concentrate on adapting yourself to living in the environment as it is, and as it evolves?
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    I think Sic'Em is saying you have the option to not vote, or not vote a particular race if you don't like the candidate. I wish that declining voter participation would worry the pols that they are losing legitimacy in the eyes of the people, but (here where there are no unicorns) they DGAS. They just plan their campaigns around the existing preferences and participation rates. (And give more military hardware to the police.)

The question for Sic'Em (if I read his comments correctly) is how do you effect the political environment that you have to live and hopefully thrive in? Or do you give that up as a fool's game and concentrate on adapting yourself to living in the environment as it is, and as it evolves?
    I understand that, but I also see the big picture.

I wish there were term limits. Like you said, we are basically "stuck" with what we have. I'd rather vote for the big picture then not vote at all.

Yes, 8th and 5-0, I know the deal...still better than the dem...for the big picture.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    I think you know what word I'm thinking here. Trying to be nice.
    lol, like give a flying rat's a$$ what you think. Call me what you want.

vCash

5-0
    yes I do, thanks

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Orman is an amnesty lover.

vCash

The Democrats are a huge weevils.
    The GOP is a small weevil.

So I guess I voted for the lesser of 2 weevils....get it?....lesser of 2 weevils?

BTW, what movie is that line from?
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

lol..whatever bud...I really could care less what you think, but I'll play along...there were only 2 candidates...had to vote for one. I voted in the primary trying to get the incumbent out, my guy lost so I either vote for the pub or the independent...who is really a dem.
    You don't have to vote for one. You can abstain. For example, if there were only two choices in the gubernatorial and special senate elections then you can be damned sure I wouldn't have voted for one just for the same of voting for one.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    You don't have to vote for one. You can abstain. For example, if there were only two choices in the gubernatorial and special senate elections then you can be damned sure I wouldn't have voted for one just for the same of voting for one.
    Appreciate the advice on the Judges. I am not a big fan of the Oklahoma State Supreme Court. I voted for the independent running against Tom Cole. Tom Cole is as bad as any politician in the country in regards to feeding at the federal hog trough. plus he is totally in the pockets of the local Native American tribe....IMHO.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 10/31/2014 at 01:46 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post

The former; definitely not the latter. I'm of the opinion that my method will result in more rapid political change than continuing the false premise that one has to choose either one or the latter and the strategic voting and/or voting the 'lesser of two evils' is somehow the preferable way of effecting long-term change.

As I said, political parties and politicians only know and understand defeat at the ballot box. Only sustained losses over several cycles will cause a party to change, but this absolutely must be combined with active participation in the process either via issue advocacy groups, the party itself, subsidiary party organizations, etc. etc. They have to not only lose; they have to understand why they're losing. The base must make it perfectly clear why they are abandoning the party.

The party will ever change for the better or it will die. I'm not interest in voting Republican simply because of that (R) next to their name. I don't have any everlasting loyalty to the letter (R). Conservatives who refuse to vote for anything but a Republican come hell or high water is just as bad as blacks who refuse to abandon the Democratic Party despite the fact that the Democratic Party often doesn't represent their interests.

A good example of what I'm talking about has been taking place in the UK with voters increasingly abandoning the Tories for UKIP (I love Farage and UKIP...wish he was an American). If you'll see, the Tories are now moving closer to UKIP from previously entrenched positions. The voters made it very clear to the Tories why they were abandoning them and moving to UKIP. And that has even been happening, to a lesser degree, with some Labour voters.

Continuing to vote for **** means you're going to dine on nothing but a steady stream of ****.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Appreciate the advice on the Judges. I am not a big fan of the Oklahoma State Supreme Court. I voted for the independent running against Tom Cole. Tom Cole is as bad as any politician in the country in regards to feeding at the federal hog trough. plus he is totally in the pockets of the local Nativve American tribe....IMHO.
    That's precisely how I feel about Lankford. There hasn't been a more consistent vote with the House leadership than Lankford. The notion that he's an independent conservative voice for the people of his district and that he will be an independent voice for the interests of Oklahoma is pure fantasy with all evidence to the contrary. He's also HORRIBLE on civil liberties and 4th Amendment issues.

He represents the worst kind of Republican imaginable, in my estimation, and there in nothing that could compel me to vote for him.

Fallin....well....Fallin has been a crony and a disappointing one at that. I suppose putting aside her relationship with the Chamber, what really disappoints me is that the GOP now has a solid majority in the Legislature, the Governor's office, the LT Gov's office, statewide elected offices, etc. etc. There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't have already pushed forward on major economic improvements.

Having spent a decade in Texas, there are so many differences between the typical mindset of Texans and Oklahomans. Texas is just far more *eager* to push ahead than we are in this state. I could go on all day on the differences and ways Oklahoma could and should improve, but the lack of positive movement is such a shame.

vCash

I see your point, but I also do believe in some of the party's platform....so I'll vote for them. I'd rather see that than the other.

vCash

lol, like give a flying rat's a$$ what you think. Call me what you want.
    I was going for lemming. It's conservatives like you who give conservatives a bad name.

BTW - hows that government job of yours going? I'm assuming you teach in a public school. Lucky you didn't get laid off like 841 other teachers in Kansas.
    Last edited by Sooner8th; 10/31/2014 at 02:22 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Orman is an amnesty lover.
    Yet anothe lemming. Go to deep deep red southwest kansas and ask them what they think of illegal immigration. They LOVE it, it's the only people they can get for the wages they want to pay. Orman is only reflecting the majority of Kansans.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    Yet anothe lemming. Go to deep deep red southwest kansas and ask them what they think of illegal immigration. They LOVE it, it's the only people they can get for the wages they want to pay. Orman is only reflecting the majority of Kansans.
    Speak on doormat. Having worked in SW Kansas I know about the hog farms and stockyards in liberal and garden city (and Guymon OK too). The stench would settle over liberal at night when I was staying there. In fact my time in Liberal in 2006 made me a very anti illegal immigration voter. Happened to be there for the cinco de mayo celebration and saw hundreds of illegals waiving the Mexican flags and demanding their rights as illegals. Of course none of them were speaking english and I asked an officer why there weren't arresting them. He said they used to but ICE would just turn them loose and it cost the city and county too much money to arrest them just to be set free a few days later. I applauded Bush, McCain and Kennedy's failure to get that horrid immigration bill passed.

The actual "citizens" in Kansas and OK that I talked to while I was leasing in SW Kansas hated the impact on their towns and schools. Most of the illegals kids couldn't speak English so the school systems were forced to hire bilingual teachers to accomodate them.

The slaughterhouse owner's love it because they get cheap labor otherwise they would have to pay a lot more for their workers....labor is something that dems have been all too willing to sellout in hopes of gaining the hispanic vote. Most of the farmers I dealt with in SW Kansas and the OK panhandle were family farms...the work was done by themselves or their family members so they weren't getting the benefit of cheap labor but they were paying for all of the illegals kids education.

They also recognized that beyond sales taxes the illegals were/would contribute almost nothing to the tax structure for the city, state and certainly not the feds.

Kansas isn't that far removed from OK and amnesty certainly isn't supported by the majority of Oklahomans. I doubt Kansans support it either.
    Last edited by okie52; 10/31/2014 at 03:24 PM.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I have an excuse -- Jim Bridenstine is running unopposed this go-around and defeated a longterm incumbent (Sully was around 10 years I think) two years ago. So, I ousted my bum two years ago and have no choice this time.

On the Senate side of Congress, we were only supposed to be able to oust one this go-around originally till Coburn had to be true to his anti-waste values and resign now so that there didn't have to be a special election So, Oklahoma will oust one incumbent Senator as it was scheduled to and will have the opportunity to again in two years.*

*pleasedon'taskaboutinhofepleasedon'taskaboutinhofe