Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash

Re: Thanks obama care...you piece of $**t

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    okay...give me an insurance that isn't 50% co-pay, and a deductible of $5000 for $200 a month and I'll buy it. He's 19, male, doesn't smoke, full-time student...what else ya need to know...?
    zip code and income (I was a full time student and worked, so if he has income that will determine availability of subsidy)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPride View Post
    zip code and income (I was a full time student and worked, so if he has income that will determine availability of subsidy)
    mine or his? I've looked but can't see anything but short-term (6 - 11 month plans) at this time. I'm assuming that's because it's not open enrollment yet..Nov?

I will look at having him be completely independent (won't claim him on taxes) if that will allow him to have better insurance for a cheaper rate. He lives on campus during school. Doesn't work, he's on scholarship for baseball.

Will probably try and work SOME this summer. Prob get put in a league by his school as well so not sure how much time he'd have to work.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

mine or his? I've looked but can't see anything but short-term (6 - 11 month plans) at this time. I'm assuming that's because it's not open enrollment yet..Nov?

I will look at having him be completely independent (won't claim him on taxes) if that will allow him to have better insurance for a cheaper rate. He lives on campus during school. Doesn't work, he's on scholarship for baseball.

Will probably try and work SOME this summer. Prob get put in a league by his school as well so not sure how much time he'd have to work.
    Had our brilliant governor accepted medicaid expansion, your son would qualify for FREE healthcare through SoonerCare, but without medicaid expansion he would need to make at least $11,500 to qualify for a subsidy. Otherwise, he has to pay 100%. You are right about the open enrollment period, which starts 11/15.

It seems your anger is misplaced at the legislation and should be directed at Mary Fallin. Many other republican governors realized that not accepting medicaid simply hurt the poor in their states and accepted the expansion because it was the right thing to do.

vCash

Had our brilliant governor accepted medicaid expansion, your son would qualify for FREE healthcare through SoonerCare, but without medicaid expansion he would need to make at least $11,500 to qualify for a subsidy. Otherwise, he has to pay 100%. You are right about the open enrollment period, which starts 11/15.

It seems your anger is misplaced at the legislation and should be directed at Mary Fallin. Many other republican governors realized that not accepting medicaid simply hurt the poor in their states and accepted the expansion because it was the right thing to do.
    Just an FYI
    He lives in Kansas.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

----Why should a student get free insurance?----What would this "free" insurance cost the state in the years to come---When are people going to start taking care of themselves and not look to the gov't for "free" services----Who is paying to make it "free" ?

vCash

umm, what Vet said...Kansas.

So, you're telling me...that after 4 years of his insurance going up $10-$15 dollars a month (in Jan) that it now went up from $182 to $316 has NOTHING to do with obamacare...right. Whether it's direct or in the 2000 pages that "we have to pass it to see what's in it" bullcrap...is on obama.

so it went from going up about 8% per year to 74% this next year...gotcha.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ----Why should a student get free insurance?----What would this "free" insurance cost the state in the years to come---When are people going to start taking care of themselves and not look to the gov't for "free" services----Who is paying to make it "free" ?
    Precisely Its only "FREE" to recipient.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Precisely Its only "FREE" to recipient.
    It's no different than the usual cost shifting which went on prior to the passage of the law.

The insured pay taxes and fees which fund the subsidies for the less well off.

But instead of waiting for the poor to simply go to an ER and cost the system way more money, they get preventive care and decent insurance which actually saves you and me money.

You know, this was the conservative think tank idea in the first place and was championed by conservatives until Obama agreed to the republican plan.

You should be happy it is not a single payer system. The conservatives won and got the plan they wanted. You know, like Mitt Romney did in Massachusetts.

vCash

I dont have a dog in this fight. Im just saying it aint FREE!
    Just like My VA Healthcare aint "FREE" I paid for it a long damn time ago on a Battlefield far away.

vCash

No dumba$$....he's 19. My family coverage for my school district is $800 OUT OF POCKET per month. He's had his own insurance policy since he was 14.
    So you don't cover your family under your plan nor your wifes plan, assuming you are married.

vCash

It's no different than the usual cost shifting which went on prior to the passage of the law.

The insured pay taxes and fees which fund the subsidies for the less well off.

But instead of waiting for the poor to simply go to an ER and cost the system way more money, they get preventive care and decent insurance which actually saves you and me money.

You know, this was the conservative think tank idea in the first place and was championed by conservatives until Obama agreed to the republican plan.

You should be happy it is not a single payer system. The conservatives won and got the plan they wanted. You know, like Mitt Romney did in Massachusetts.
    ---You are right that a single payer system would be even worse than Obamacare

vCash

Refusal of Medicaid expansion was all about opposition to Obama. It made no economic sense.

Even after the period while it was free to the state govt, the state would still be making money paying 10% of the cost. The state would be getting 5% and change back directly in income taxes, plus the money spent on health care salaries would have the same multiplier effect that any outside money does, and the state would receive additional taxes on that income. Also, preventive care and even timely reactive care would save a lot of money over delayed care in an ER.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

Interesting theory. Conservatives got what they wanted (including big taxpayer subsidies to medical insurers and medical providers), and in the bargain got an issue to beat Obama around the head and shoulders with for six years.

Meanwhile, liberals find that progress towards real universal healthcare is set back for a generation or more.

Fiendishly brilliant!

More epicycles!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    So you don't cover your family under your plan nor your wifes plan, assuming you are married.
    divorce...both are teachers....either plan is $800 OUT OF POCKET with district insurance. Years ago I got the 2 kids their own insurance because it was cost effective. Still is at this point, even with this 75% increase...so no I don't. Thought I made that pretty clear with the post you quoted.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    Refusal of Medicaid expansion was all about opposition to Obama. It made no economic sense.

Even after the period while it was free to the state govt, the state would still be making money paying 10% of the cost. The state would be getting 5% and change back directly in income taxes, plus the money spent on health care salaries would have the same multiplier effect that any outside money does, and the state would receive additional taxes on that income. Also, preventive care and even timely reactive care would save a lot of money over delayed care in an ER.
    ----Not the analysis I saw----It was a huge hit to the states in later years

vCash

----Not the analysis I saw----It was a huge hit to the states in later years
    I'd like to read that. Would you provide a link?
    Last edited by TAFBSooner; 10/30/2014 at 02:46 PM. Reason: grammar

More epicycles!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    I'd like to read that. Would you provide a link?
    ----Look it up yourself---I read it several years ago and don't recall if it was on line or print

Sooner Benchwarmer IGotNoTiming's Avatar
    vCash

All you on the right should be calling the ACA what it really is...... Romney Care.

It is patterned after the same system he set up in Mass. C'mon be honest. The stats bear it out. We paid the most of any nation for a health care system that wasn't even top 10 in in the world. While the ACA will hopefully be tweaked over the coming years, which it can be, going back to what we had before would be catastrophic for our country.

vCash

The public/private symbiotic relationship between government and the insurance industry to run healthcare is a cluster****. An absolute cluster****. Setting aside my objection to government control or management over the healthcare industry, it's just very bad policy. Poorly written and even worse execution. It's just bad.

At this point, I'd rather just nationalize the whole ****ing thing...implement a single-payer system and then implement across the board cuts (including massive Pentagon cuts) to pay for the damned thing.

vCash

actually I liked mine and my kids...worked out pretty good. decent coverage, decent costs...not what's happening now.

I tore my acl 2 years ago....I paid $2500.00 out of pocket...frickin bill was 60K. If I had this new insurance I would have had to pay 30K ...I'd be broke and filing for bankruptcy.