Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Talk about bad coaching/playmaking

DeMarco and his EIGHTH record setting 100+ yd game, could have and would have won that game for the Cowboys. Instead, they've got Bozo... err Romo throwing incomplete passes and getting drilled to the turf.

EDIT: What's really sad, if Adrian had a better role model, instead of an abusive jerk as a father... the two best RBs in the league, would be Sooners.
    Last edited by SoCalBigRed; 10/28/2014 at 03:16 AM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Talk about bad coaching/playmaking

Colt McCoy acquitted himself very well. Great passing stats plus his legs could make the REDSKINS forget RGIII.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Not sure why they didn't go with DeMarco more so in the last two drives... cost them the game.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Romo's ego cost them. He had to play hero when he was clearly limited and that allowed the D to tee off with confidence. They would have had a better chance with Weeden.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

You could tell that Romo was injured, why did Garrett let him come back? Weeden was doing fine.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

When my dad called to talk about that game this morning, I told him what I always do, "Joe Gibbs doesn't coach in the NFL anymore, and Switzer and Osborn no longer coach in college. So, you're not going to have intelligent playcalling inside the 3 yard line sometimes. You're going to get these newfangled coaches and OC's trying to be cute and pass. Running the ball in from the 3 isn't sexy enough, even though a rushing touchdown and passing touchdown are both worth 6 points."

To me, 6 points is far sexier than 3. And, when you're pounding away at the other team, I always loved the mindset Gibbs/Switzer/Osborn had - "I'm going to run the ball until you prove to me that you can stop it."
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987