SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Big 12 Champ ....

could have 2 losses....I'd say TCU/bu have the inside edge to finish with 1 loss.

bu 6-1 / 3-1 home vs ksu, road vs OU

ksu 6-1/4-0 road vs tcu, wv, bu

tcu 6-1 / 3-1 home vs ksu, at WV, ut

WV 6-2/ 4-1 home ksu, tcu road ut

OU 5-2 / 2-2 home bu, at isu (yes, ISU...the one that almost beat ksu and ut...trap game)

I'm assuming with any B12 team champion having 2 losses they are out of the playoffs....
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Big 12 Champ ....

To your point about ISU, Mangino has the offense clicking now. The Stoops boyz
    better go back to his playbook and study, 'cause what I've seen of the Clones looks
    a LOT like some of the stuff we ran when "Man-genius" (yup, that's what they're
    calling him) was calling plays at OU. I said early in the year that Rhoads comes up
    with a win he isn't supposed to almost every season. If he can get his defense to
    match the offense, his team will be dangerous!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

yup...I stated earlier the only gimmie is ku. TT, don't know...being in Norman should be ok as long as the kids don't think that.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

HMFIC
    vCash

Here's what we need to happen for our best-case scenario:

We win out (obviously), finishing 10-2, 7-2 in conference.
    TCU loses to WVU this weekend then wins out, finishing 10-2, 7-2 in conference.
    Baylor loses to us and wins out otherwise, finishing 10-2, 7-2 in conference.
    KSU loses to TCU and Baylor and wins out otherwise, finishing 9-3, 7-2 in conference.
    WVU beats TCU this weekend, loses to KSU, and wins out otherwise, finishing 9-3, 7-2 in conference.

That would leave us in a five-way tie for first place, with every team being 2-2 against the other four. Not saying it's going to happen, but it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility. "One true champion," indeed.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    could have 2 losses....I'd say TCU/bu have the inside edge to finish with 1 loss.

bu 6-1 / 3-1 home vs ksu, road vs OU

ksu 6-1/4-0 road vs tcu, wv, bu

tcu 6-1 / 3-1 home vs ksu, at WV, ut

WV 6-2/ 4-1 home ksu, tcu road ut

OU 5-2 / 2-2 home bu, at isu (yes, ISU...the one that almost beat ksu and ut...trap game)

I'm assuming with any B12 team champion having 2 losses they are out of the playoffs....
    Trap games are for teams that haven't lost. This team shouldn't overlook anyone.

The Big XII championship is far from being decided, there are a lot of tough games left for all the contenders. That said, we'll need a lot of luck (and excellent play on our part) to win the title.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Here's what we need to happen for our best-case scenario:

We win out (obviously), finishing 10-2, 7-2 in conference.
    TCU loses to WVU this weekend then wins out, finishing 10-2, 7-2 in conference.
    Baylor loses to us and wins out otherwise, finishing 10-2, 7-2 in conference.
    KSU loses to TCU and Baylor and wins out otherwise, finishing 9-3, 7-2 in conference.
    WVU beats TCU this weekend, loses to KSU, and wins out otherwise, finishing 9-3, 7-2 in conference.

That would leave us in a five-way tie for first place, with every team being 2-2 against the other four. Not saying it's going to happen, but it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility. "One true champion," indeed.
    Jerks. TCU's kicker can actually make FGs in the 4th quarter.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Jerks. TCU's kicker can actually make FGs in the 4th quarter.
    Yeah TCU getting all the breaks this year. Boykin is a player. I think they win out and go to the playoff but we would need them to lose to K-State next weekend, and then K-State lose to both Baylor and WVU.