Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

Bye week other games thread...

Interesting that I am not really missing watching the Sooners today. Probably from the discouraging performances in the last 3 games when we still controlled our own destiny.

Fun watching the KSU game. I have lots of respect for that team and coaching staff. Always fun to watch UTerus lose unless its vs lOSUr. Went to get some steaks and stuff to grill about 11:30 am and saw KSU guy in full gear shopping. I started to see if he knew if the game was already on but chose to mind my own beezwacks.

WVU with a hot start. Dana H is one of my fave coaches for some reason. Usually very level headed in his halftime interviews.

Thinking about pulling for LSU tonight.

Does anybody care about Nebraksa football anymore?
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Bye week other games thread...

Quote Originally Posted by OUmillenium View Post
    Interesting that I am not really missing watching the Sooners today. Probably from the discouraging performances in the last 3 games when we still controlled our own destiny.

Fun watching the KSU game. I have lots of respect for that team and coaching staff. Always fun to watch UTerus lose unless its vs lOSUr. Went to get some steaks and stuff to grill about 11:30 am and saw KSU guy in full gear shopping. I started to see if he knew if the game was already on but chose to mind my own beezwacks.

WVU with a hot start. Dana H is one of my fave coaches for some reason. Usually very level headed in his halftime interviews.

Thinking about pulling for LSU tonight.

Does anybody care about Nebraksa football anymore?
    Yeah, I could take our disappointing D performances the last 3 weeks if our offense would step up and exhibit the attitude that "we'll take what the hell we want and not necessarily what the opposing defense will give us". It's about as exciting as watching paint dry.
    If I wasn't an OU alum, I wouldn't even give this boring, mediocre, predictable product that they're putting on the field the last 3 weeks even a remote click except when there was a political ad on the other channels.

Looks like they're carrying Tech's Webb off the field with a leg injury in the TCU game, and it's somewhat surprising that OSU is playing WVU fairly close at 20-10. At least the ewes have a valid excuse in that their starting QB is out.
    As far as the corn go, I find it more interesting when they show Bo Pellini's cat than anything the Big 10 brings to the CFB table, outside of the MSU D the whole league is pedestrian at best.

I was flipping thru the channels late last night and it showed "OU Crimson Classics", I sort of got excited thinking maybe it was something like an OU/Corn thriller from the past, and clicked on it, and it was just a review of this season. I watched a little of it, and even the guy with boom, boom deep voice saying that our battle with Tennessee was a huge inter-sectional contest between 2 traditional national powerhouses, couldn't keep me from yawning.
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 10/25/2014 at 06:04 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

TCU with 68 points through 3 quarters against Taco Tech.

vCash

Geez, TCU just scored again. They've got 75 on the board.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    And people think our defense is terrible for giving up 31. I'm trying to find words for TTU's defense. Finished with 82.
    Last edited by Eielson; 10/25/2014 at 06:55 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    And people think our defense is terrible for giving up 31. I'm trying to find words for TTU's defense.
    Don't worry. Our D will find a way to make whichever intramural. frosh, or walk-on QB Tech comes up with to make him look AA, and instead of hanging half-a-hundred against them in the 1st half while skunking a rookie qb with a pressuring defense, we'll squeak out something like a 45 to 42/35 win in Lubbock.
    The post game presser will have pathetic coach-speak phrases like "hard fought win", "their staff really had our players confused with those crossing routes", or "I'm really proud of the way we hung in there and gutted out a win in a tough place to play like Lubbock".

Sooner Starter
    vCash

How 'bout them SEC defenses???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    And people think our defense is terrible for giving up 31. I'm trying to find words for TTU's defense. Finished with 82.
    I was told the transitive property doesn't apply to college football
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPride View Post
    Well it doesn't but TT is, and I'm being generous here, Awful. 126th in points allowed. They gave up 35 points to Central Arkansas.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPride View Post
    82>31 is not the transitive property.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

We were listening to the the Ohio State-Penn State game on the way home from dinner when PSU had a pick 6 to make it 17-7 in the third. The PSU announcers were talking about how tOSU was being methodical because "they had the game in control" and all of a sudden PSU cut into the lead. That is Big 10 football entirely, believing a 17 point lead in the middle of the third was being in control of the game. A 17 point lead is never safe in the Big 12.

vCash

Dang, this Utah/USCw is a helluva game (FS-1). Only about a minute left but Utah is on the USC 1 yard line.

I noticed that Washington has scored on Arizona St to at least make it interesting, as well.

Good night of CFB, with the OT in the Penn State/OSU game. Tried watching the World Series some, and baseball is so effing slow, I dozed off. It should be relegated to Tue, Wed, and Fri nights during FB season.

Heh, Utah scored. 24-21 Youths with 8 secs left.

vCash

Dang, this Utah/USCw is a helluva game (FS-1). Only about a minute left but Utah is on the USC 1 yard line.

I noticed that Washington has scored on Arizona St to at least make it interesting, as well.

Good night of CFB, with the OT in the Penn State/OSU game. Tried watching the World Series some, and baseball is so effing slow, I dozed off. It should be relegated to Tue, Wed, and Fri nights during FB season.

Heh, Utah scored. 24-21 Youths with 8 secs left.
    usuc goes down, baby, down and out of contention for the conference crown, I would expect.

Utah plays ASU next week in Tempe. Both teams have just one conference loss as of right now.
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 10/26/2014 at 01:07 AM.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.