Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: so you want to vote for this witch?....great for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    You are stretching it, jeffords dropped out of rebpub and became an I caucusing with dems, Ike and his do nothing run by big business 2.5% gdp term. You haven't been in 25 yrs. Good people don't vote republican.
    Governor Cuomo...is that you?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    I don't see the politician/donor relationship as involuntary.

I do see as an artifact of the relationship between a politician and deep pocketed individual/group/org an expectation they'll be getting some return on their investment, either short term or long. Maybe even both.
    The donor gets influence, which you and I are unable to access. The pols get the money they need to run their continual campaigns, minus a percentage for personal slush.

I take from that fact that we ought to be about reducing the influence of money in politics. What do you think should be done about it? Since both the pols and the donors benefit from the current system, it will be danged hard to change anything.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    OK, I will take your comments to refer to "Republians since 2001."

Interstate Highway system (and I know all the problems that's caused IN HINDSIGHT. At the time it was a major, high-payoff investment in infrastructure, something that government did well.). NASA. Didn't start any major wars. Yah, Vietnam. Hindsight again. And I said decent, not great.

I strongly disagree with you there.

1 - There is more to life than politics.
    2 - People have different reasons that lead to their political choices. They may be wrong, but that doesn't make them not good people.
    3 - Very little is THAT black and white. Politics is not even close to being that black and white.

4 - Most important, I personally know good people who vote Republican.
    Ike did do some good things as you listed above. The problem I have with him is he was way to influenced by his group of golfing buddies. His 2.5% gdp average yearly growth is pretty weak given the circumstances we were in. Got us out of korea, but left us with two korea's.

As for good people don't vote republican, that is mostly tongue in cheek. Most of my friends are conservatives who vote Republican. We don't talk politics much.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSoonerThanLater View Post
    TAFB, this may be the best post i've seen in a very long time. Although you and i may disagree on politics, I respect what you say. What you have stated here is something that 8th refuses to or will ever grasp. I have many many friends that do not share the same political beliefs as I, but we treat one another with respect--because we are decent people. Thank you for this post. 8th could learn a lesson from you.
    Remember the truce I tried? It was not me who broke it..........

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Your strident manner makes almost any discourse with you painful.

vCash

The discouraging thing is this: HRC already has the Left Coast and the People's Republic of New England in the bag. Plus most any minority voter and all the females enamored with having the first woman president will march in lockstep to the polls, all the while only having the faintest idea about the structure and function of our federal government. But they'll get their girl elected.

Then the title of the book Barbara Olson wrote about HRC all those years ago will really become ominous: Hell To Pay.

Wonder who's gonna pay that bill?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    The discouraging thing is this: The Democrat Party already has the Left Coast and the People's Republic of New England in the bag. Plus most any minority voter and all the females enamored with having the first woman president will march in lockstep to the polls, all the while only having the faintest idea about the structure and function of our federal government. But they'll get their girl elected.

Then the title of the book Barbara Olson wrote about HRC all those years ago will really become ominous: Hell To Pay.

FIFY
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Your strident manner makes almost any discourse with you painful.
    So, it's my fault you people are a bunch of dumbass hillbillies.

I get it.

vCash

I get it.
    Nope Ya Moran ! Its your fault for coming out the gate after 2 years of Hiding and being a Dick head!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Nope Ya Moran ! Its your fault for coming out the gate after 2 years of Hiding and being a Dick head!
    Oh...olvet keep telling yourself that.

vCash

Oh...olvet keep telling yourself that.
    really? You joined this Board well over 2 years ago!
    Then just a few months ago you Came out swinging!
    Tell me where Im wrong slick dude?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

I get it.
    No it's your fault you're a dyspeptic troll.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    really? You joined this Board well over 2 years ago!
    Then just a few months ago you Came out swinging!
    Tell me where Im wrong slick dude?
    ---I still think he is that old fool Gaffer that used to post here

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ---I still think he is that old fool Gaffer that used to post here
    Heh heh...Gaffer, Syberite, Nomad....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    The discouraging thing is this: HRC already has the Left Coast and the People's Republic of New England in the bag. Plus most any minority voter and all the females enamored with having the first woman president will march in lockstep to the polls, all the while only having the faintest idea about the structure and function of our federal government. But they'll get their girl elected.

BINGO...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Heh heh...Gaffer, Syberite, Nomad....
    ---ETC---- All Liberal- gov't loving- atheists----Nice group

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    OK, I will take your comments to refer to "Republians since 2001."

Interstate Highway system (and I know all the problems that's caused IN HINDSIGHT. At the time it was a major, high-payoff investment in infrastructure, something that government did well.). NASA. Didn't start any major wars. Yah, Vietnam. Hindsight again. And I said decent, not great.

I strongly disagree with you there.

1 - There is more to life than politics.
    2 - People have different reasons that lead to their political choices. They may be wrong, but that doesn't make them not good people.
    3 - Very little is THAT black and white. Politics is not even close to being that black and white.

4 - Most important, I personally know good people who vote Republican.
    Ike did do some good things as you listed above. The problem I have with him is he was way to influenced by his group of golfing buddies. His 2.5% gdp average yearly growth is pretty weak given the circumstances we were in. Got us out of korea, but left us with two korea's.

As for good people don't vote republican, that is mostly tongue in cheek. Most of my friends are conservatives who vote Republican. We don't talk politics much.
    So that's why you come on here and be the dick that you are, because your "friends" would probably kick your *** if you talk to them the way you talk to people on this board. I'm sure if you called them ****ing hillbillies, they wouldn't be your friends anymore.
    this is bull****
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

So that's why you come on here and be the dick that you are, because your "friends" would probably kick your *** if you talk to them the way you talk to people on this board. I'm sure if you called them ****ing hillbillies, they wouldn't be your friends anymore.
    I want him to come to the Ho-down next month.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash
    Com won Vet, you know as well as I do, he'd never show up. He would be revealing himself as the little bitch he really is, and then he wouldn't have a leg to stand on on this board.

I still don't understand why he wastes his time here. If he was genuinely civil, it would be one thing, but he isn't. He must love getting his hearty rate up. He'll maybe that's the only way he can!!
    this is bull****
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Com won Vet, you know as well as I do, he'd never show up. He would be revealing himself as the little bitch he really is, and then he wouldn't have a leg to stand on on this board.

I still don't understand why he wastes his time here. If he was genuinely civil, it would be one thing, but he isn't. He must love getting his hearty rate up. He'll maybe that's the only way he can!!
    But he would have so much fun.