Administrator
    vCash

8time's Bye Week "take it to the bank" Lock of the Week*!

*Do not, under any circumstances "take it to the bank". There's a really good chance I don't know what I'm talking about.

I see a couple of upsets brewing this week:

11 Kansas State -9.5
    Texas

I don't think KSU will cover the spread in this game, and a Texas win wouldn't surprise me either. KSU is good, but Texas has the best defense in the conference, and I think the officials will be on the alert to watch for illegal men down field.

3 Ole Miss -3.5
    24 LSU

LSU wins this game. The clock strikes midnight for the Rebels, and the perfect season ends in Death Valley.

There are a couple of other games that I feel could be outright upsets, but I'm not convinced:

Michigan/Michigan State - If Michigan has an respect for themselves, they'll leave it on the field and at least earn a little in-state pride. I'm also not convinced MSU is the 8th best team in the country. This could end up ugly for Michigan, but I think they'll show up and take this into the 4th quarter...and at least give themselves a chance to win.

Colorado/UCLA - This may be me listening to the local media hype, but I think CU comes close to pulling the upset here. It's homecoming for CU, and nobody expects them to win. They may not win, but I think they cover the 14 point spread.

Please...join me...add your predictions.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: 8time's Bye Week "take it to the bank" Lock of the Week*!

Welp, imo, Badj or OUFlak should do the work on Vbookie and let us take
    your adivice!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

I agree with the LSU pic. And not just because my daughter goes there. I think Ole Miss's time is up. But Miss State keeps rolling.

One upset I would like to see is Tenn over Bama. Not gonna happen but would be nice.
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Well, the refs didn't call that illegal pass, in fact I saw at least one blatant example of it down near the goal line in the first half. Blockers were engaged 5 yards downfield on linebackers as the pass was thrown--no call.

And apparently only OU and ISU make Swoopes look good.
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

Administrator
    vCash

I blew it on the KSU/Texas game. However, there was some terrible officiating in that game (including a terrible spot on a fourth down, that wasn't overturned by replay). Anyway, same old song for Texas...defense plays well enough to win, gets no help from the offense, defense gets worn down. Also, if the officials aren't going to call the illegal man down field against KSU, they'll go undefeated...it's too hard to defend.

CU gave UCLA everything they wanted, but couldn't stop the Bruins in double OT. UCLA looks a lot like OU this year, you never know which UCLA team is going to show up.

I also had a terrible call on the Michigan / Michigan State game. Michigan is a dumpster fire.

Still holding out for the LSU/Ole Miss game, but it looks like it'll go to the wire. I may finish 2 for 4 on my picks today. It's a good thing I don't bet real money.