Thread: Tashawn Thomas

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Tashawn Thomas

Any word, yet? Thought I saw last week a decision was imminent. Need one of you "in-the-kn-owers" to fill us in. TIA.
    "Always" and "never" are words that should always be used sparingly and never without forethought. You're welcome.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Tashawn Thomas

bump

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

FWIW Tubbs said last night on the game he seems pretty confident that ncaa will rule "yes"...course I'm sure any OU 80's coach isn't a on the ncaa christmas card list~
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Any word on what's got Dante Buford not playing? What little I saw of him in HS he looked like a decent potential replacement for Cam Clark. He didn't take the court in either exhibition game.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    Any word on what's got Dante Buford not playing? What little I saw of him in HS he looked like a decent potential replacement for Cam Clark. He didn't take the court in either exhibition game.
    He will not be playing this year. A couple of his classes did not transfer from high school, So he is not even eligible to practice at this point. It is my understanding that he will be eligible to practice in the second semester. This is what really makes the Thomas situation as critical as it is; If he doesn't get that waiver we are really going to be thin inside.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    He will not be playing this year. A couple of his classes did not transfer from high school, So he is not even eligible to practice at this point. It is my understanding that he will be eligible to practice in the second semester. This is what really makes the Thomas situation as critical as it is; If he doesn't get that waiver we are really going to be thin inside.
    Wow. Bummer. Thanks for the info.

Agree about being thin on the interior, and if we don't get Thomas in there I expect we'll see another year similar to last year. Our biggest problems last year came about because we didn't have enough big guys to rotate in the middle. Not that last year was a bad year, but there were clear limitations with that team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    Fuuuck! I wish our football and bball programs would be good enough not to depend on BS like this.

vCash

We'll get an inside game just when we lose all our guards. Just like the football team cant play D when we have an O and vice versa. I'll be glad when one OU team in any sport can put it together.

Administrator
    vCash

Not having Thomas shouldn't really create any major issues (at least until conference play). I just don't get what's taking so damn long.

On another note, Khadeem Lattin is going to be a special player, and should provide enough ability to keep us from missing Thomas...although Thomas' experience and ability would certainly be nice to have.

vCash

Lattin looked very small and raw the other night. I'm not counting on him to do too much this year.

vCash

ELIGIBLE!!!!!!

Saaaaweeet!

Administrator
    vCash

Getting Thomas is HUGE! We're going to be pretty damn good this year!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

His nickname should be.......... The Missing Piece.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!