Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Pump Fake WR screen play

We had a play where we faked the WR screen then pass down the sidelines to a streaking WR. (Landry to Stills). I loved this play but haven't seen it lately. With all the sideway passes we have, we should bring it back.

vCash

Re: Pump Fake WR screen play

we've barely been running the sideways passes as it is... we generally kill people with them though, unless it's at the 2 yard line

vCash

Isn't that what we ran when Sterling hurt himself trying to catch that ball in the corner of the EZ? We usually run that play once a game. I don't like it because TK, like LJ, just chucks it up blindly without seeing if Sterling is even open.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    we've barely been running the sideways passes as it is... we generally kill people with them though, unless it's at the 2 yard line
    I'll go ahead and finish it for you. ......unless it's at the 2 yard line, against tight coverage, with one receiver isolated 20 yards away and have him then run a quick out rout so the throw now has to be 25-30 yards to get to him.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Maybe they'd run it if they thought Knight could execute it properly with some consistency.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

If Knight had pump faked to the receiver on the pick 6 and let the defender bite then an easy toss over him and to the house. He's got to recognise that man coverage out there and not make that throw.
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

vCash

yeah, sometimes he seems to just get the snap and throw without looking at all

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    If Knight had pump faked to the receiver on the pick 6 and let the defender bite then an easy toss over him and to the house. He's got to recognise that man coverage out there and not make that throw.
    That's what was so aggravating about that play. Sure, TK played a good game. But, that pick 6 was ball game, right there... and all it would have taken, was a just a little bit of recognition and patience. The man coverage was blatant and it was obvious that guy was going to bite.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

That's what you get when you take decision making out of a player's hands. When the 'read' is predetermined, his judgment is taken out of the situation.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    That's what you get when you take decision making out of a player's hands. When the 'read' is predetermined, his judgment is taken out of the situation.
    -Said an ignorant fan

WOW!! This has to be the greatest comment ever!! I am at my desk rolling right now!
    OUI Refugee! Seeing all the good people beat me here. Formerly OUJARVIS on OUI.

vCash

Do you roll yours in a vaguely cone shape? Straight? Or the classic both-ends-twisted? Just curious.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Do you roll yours in a vaguely cone shape? Straight? Or the classic both-ends-twisted? Just curious.
    Depends on the situation... It is more about the company you are keeping and to what they are able to handle.
    OUI Refugee! Seeing all the good people beat me here. Formerly OUJARVIS on OUI.

vCash

ah, an aficionado.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

It's only his third year in the playbook...so, give him some time.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    It's only his third year in the playbook...so, give him some time.
    Yep, that would have required both TK and Neal to be on the same page. I think just throwing it away would have been the most we could expect from TK at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBigRed View Post
    That's what was so aggravating about that play. Sure, TK played a good game. But, that pick 6 was ball game, right there... and all it would have taken, was a just a little bit of recognition and patience. The man coverage was blatant and it was obvious that guy was going to bite.
    And you have the nerve to say my comments are "dumb and dumber"?

There was an awful lot of football game left after that pick-6. Plenty of opportunity to win.

Was the pic-6 good? No. Was it determinative of the game? Hell no !!!!

You must have thought Zabransky's pic-6 was dispositive of the Fiesta Bowl. How'd that work out?