Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I can't believe it!

The world didn't end and the sun did did come up this morning.

I thought for sure after reading some of the threads yesterday that Armageddon would happen.
    Last week everyone was complaining about TK and yes he had that very bad int but the team over came that and had a chance for victory. Look at his stats this week they were very good. If we give him plays that he can make the numbers will be there. We do have a few play makers once they get the ball in their hands.

Many of you are calling for Bob's head, you guys are crazy. Is there a better HC out there that would come to OU? We have stability and that's what is needed at the top. Do we need better position coaches, possibly. Could the play calling be better, of course it could but to say Bob needs to go would be the worse thing that could happen at this point. Look at the top programs and see how many coaches they go through before finding the next best one. It's hard to replace a legend and the next coach becomes a legend too. Look at the years between Barry and Bob, is that what we want?

Does it suck to lose? Sure it does, but it's just a game. Many of you never played beyond high school or have ever coached beyond youth leagues and have all the answers, it's hard to play or coach at the D1 level let alone what level everyone on this board wants.

I'm not saying everything is rosey but it could be worse than it is. Last year we got the bounces, ie fumble recoveries going our way. Look at just the past two weeks, there were 4 opportunities where we could have had 4 recoveries but the ball bounced the other way. Is that coaching or bad plays by our team? No, just the way it goes sometimes. We could easily be undefeated but at the same time we could be looking at a3-4 game losing streak.

The Sugar Bowl was a blessing in disguise. After beating Bama everyone just assumed we were back at the top and could compete for a NC but we still have to play the games and to think you could go undefeated in the Big12 is asking too much. If we win outright will the season be a success? Not in the eyes of many, but if the growth of the young players is there, than yes.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Re: I can't believe it!

I think maybe Stoops needs to get over his SEC obsession and focus more on what's going on within his program. How about they recruit some quality receivers instead of relying on transfers and figure out the whole timeout issue. The bluster loses its luster when your team underperforms against quality competition. I'm very glad to see quality teams emerging in the bigXII but I would prefer ou beat them to back up the talk.

vCash

Dont want ANYONE fired But do want this crap Fixed. Not sure whats wrong But I do know this the Blame really rests on the shoulders of the Man at the TOP.
    Fix it Bob
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Dont want ANYONE fired But do want this crap Fixed. Not sure whats wrong But I do know this the Blame really rests on the shoulders of the Man at the TOP.
    Fix it Bob
    I'm with ya. Don't want anyone fired unless that's the only way to fix the problems. And anyone thinks there aren't problems just ain't looking.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Fix it Bob
    Yup, I agree also. Heh, maybe Bob orta do a conference call with the
    "experts" on this board...they could tell him how to fix it, whatever "it"
    is.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

I also find it interesting that a few years ago people were hoping and dreaming for Mike to come back to coach defense. Now that he is here, everyone wants him fired.
    Speck

vCash

I've missed the posts calling for MS to be fired. The d still needs work but I think its improved since he's been here and I would expect it to continue to get better. I have no delusion the offense will get better. And yes, I know they did better yesterday but lets not rehash the pick 6 or the goal line plays. Those were huge. The reverse pass? whatever. The D wasn't the problem. 24 points against a Bill Snyder offense. I'll take that this year or next.

There's nothing to worry about. All we gotta do is win the south and then we'll see those kitties again at Arrowhead first week in December. Win that, and we are Phoenix-bound my friends! Haven't been to my favorite Gap in Glendale in a looong time. Looking forward to it.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner91ATL View Post
    All we gotta do is win the south and then we'll see those kitties again at Arrowhead first week in December.
    Huh?

Do I need to turn up my sarcasm meter...?
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see - John Lennon

vCash

There's nothing to worry about. All we gotta do is win the south and then we'll see those kitties again at Arrowhead first week in December. Win that, and we are Phoenix-bound my friends! Haven't been to my favorite Gap in Glendale in a looong time. Looking forward to it.
    I wish we could go back to 2003......

Sooner Benchwarmer Sooner Schemer's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by azheat4u View Post
    The world didn't end and the sun did did come up this morning.

I thought for sure after reading some of the threads yesterday that Armageddon would happen.
    Obama isn't done yet.

vCash

Lol what a stupid thread.

There weren't even that many negative posts, at least compared to years past. People are immune to it now.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercastor View Post
    Lol what a stupid thread.

There weren't even that many negative posts, at least compared to years past. People are immune to it now.
    Content with mediocrity. "We're Texas". Oh wait, Texas decided not winning conference championships was no longer acceptable. "We're Nebraska".
    Quote Originally Posted by XingTheRubicon View Post
    Betting on OSU to embrace prosperity is like waiting at a liquor store to meet a hooker that's returning your watch.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

....I don't want anyone fired either, a reassignment or two would be okay though.

....It would be refreshing, however, if coach Stoops would stop being snide/arrogant/condescending and admit that the problems are just as much coaching as player inadequacies. In my opinion, Josh is a position coach and not a coordinator as evidenced by the fact that the offense under his tenure has no identity and little philosophy. Anyone can throw shat against the wall to see if it will stick, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. What it appears is that we currently have a Frankenstein's monster with bits and pieces of different styles and nuts and bolts from previous coaches Josh has played/worked for. The only problem is that our monster isn't scary. As far as Mike Stoops goes, the defense is merely lacking quality depth and experience...at least it has an identity.

.....Anyway, growing up with OU football I had to learn to accept the team getting beaten on occasion but I will never accept losing because that is not part of Oklahomas' DNA....they both may be 'L's but the difference meant everything

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

Fix it Bob
    I'd like to know if Boren and Castiglione are telling him the same? Or are they content with 10-2, 9-3, or 8-4 as long as attendance doesn't drop?

It would take a major scandal or resignation to get a new coach. If OU fires a coach with Stoops' record, they would never get any coach to come here. Almost assured that nobody would match Stoops' overall W record. Maybe win as many or more championships, but not the year in year out conference success. the guy would live looking over his shoulder with a two-loss season. Some would want to come due the name recognition of course, but that goes under the Schnellenberger files.

It would take a major scandal or resignation to get a new coach. If OU fires a coach with Stoops' record, they would never get any coach to come here. Almost assured that nobody would match Stoops' overall W record. Maybe win as many or more championships, but not the year in year out conference success. the guy would live looking over his shoulder with a two-loss season. Some would want to come due the name recognition of course, but that goes under the Schnellenberger files.
    You must be kidding? The last 14 National Championships have been won by a head coach not named Stoops.

This fawning adoration of Stoops is Jonestown-esque. Reminds me of the old SNL skit of the three Bears fans worshipping Ditka.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post

You must be kidding? The last 14 National Championships have been won by a head coach not named Stoops.

This fawning adoration of Stoops is Jonestown-esque. Reminds me of the old SNL skit of the three Bears fans worshipping Ditka.
    Okay let's fire the bum. Who are we going after?
    Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by okiewaker View Post
    Okay let's fire the bum. Who are we going after?
    Never said Stoops is a bum. But I do believe that he'll never get OU into the playoff. If you are happy with 10-2, 9-3, and occasionally 8-4, then Stoops is your guy.

Who would I want to replace him? I want the guy who was like Stoops 15 years ago. Young, smart, not financially set for life and his kids lives, and scared (like Bob admits he was).

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post

There are also about 120 or more head coaches in D-IA that haven't won a national championship in that time period as well and haven't been anywhere close. All you have to do is look at Nebraska for how well most knee jerk reactions turn out. It seems some Oklahoma fans are infected with a variation of the "We're Texas" disease.