Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: K-State loss/game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post
    OU is 5-2 now. There are five regular season games left. So if it loses only one more regular season game, it will have four additional wins. Last I checked 5 + 4 < 10. And you were badgering me about my grammar? I'd suggest looking at your math Mr. Glasshouse.
    I said we'd win 10 games this season. You snuck in the regular season games part at one point, and I didn't notice that. I said Baylor was going to be a tough one, so we may easily end up 9-3 at the end of the regular season. If that were the case, I suspect we'd be matched up in a bowl game we'd win...which would give us 10.

And I never mentioned your grammar.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Oh I have quite a few thoughts on this clunker of a game.

TK. Played mostly well, but still doesn't look off guys unless he is doing the magical pump-fake-to-the-left-floater-jump-ball-to-Shep in the corner of the endzone. Landry did that play too. It's a prayer play, contingent upon the DB taking a nap. We could've just play actioned them to death all day, just as they could've option passed us to death all day. The INT is all on him. He just throws it out there and doesn't even worry about where the DB is. The play is designed that way, but Heupel has to know his QB.

Heupel. Nice game between the 20s. Butthead playcalling with the free 7 we gave them, the Neal pass (even if Neal shouldn't have thrown that pass, the play is designed for him to), and at the goalline. My god, we could've just play actioned until the end of time. We also called one bootleg (a pass) the entire game. Pretty sure Stoops got cold feet about Trevor running after he hurt his vajayjay falling on the ground, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. If he can't take that kind of hit, too bad. We can't be walking on eggshells afraid that our QB is going to get hurt if he gets hit.

Stoops (Mike). You know, I can see getting beat on that option pass. Great play call. I can see getting beat again. The third time we came damn close to batting it down. I am, however, convinced that they could have called that on every play and gotten about 30 yards a pop. What bugged me most was the DB play. Sanchez played well. Everybody else was awful. Just awful. And we were so worried about the stupid option pass that we let them get a big first down when the QB was 4 yards past the line of scrimmage. Bad coaching. I know they're young, but c'mon. And the 3 man rush doesn't get it done. Neither does the predictable 3 man rush but one man on the corner who may or may not blitz but is really there to blitz. Mike has not done a good job of disguising blitz packages. I don't know WTF has happened to this D since they looked like world beaters early on. We have gone from midseason form to practice form.

Hunnicutt. Well, I made up a few names for him during this game, but of which keep the the soft "u" sound in the last syllable of his name. Clearly, he knew he was close to the record books. I wouldn't say he completely cost us the game with the way our defense was and the way Heupel crapped the bed, but he didn't hold up his end. 29 and 19 yarder and a PAT blocked by a dwarf. He just acquired Mackey Sasser disease, and I hope we have a decent backup. With his confidence shot, his career is done.

The season is over. Bring on basketball. Whatever goodwill Stoops built up with the Bama win is completely depleted. Three clunker games in a row and more losses on the way. Inexcusable. Bob needs to face some hard realities this offseason and quit finding excuses to not blame the coaches.

vCash

I like that people are calling this game a clunker and acting like the world is coming to an end because we lost by 1 to the #14 team in the country...and yet still act like we're not a national powerhouse. Some people just love to complain.

vCash

This team is not good enough to compete for a Championship but better enjoy the last 6 games because after that it's Basketball and Baseball time

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I like that people are calling this game a clunker and acting like the world is coming to an end because we lost by 1 to the #14 team in the country...and yet still act like we're not a national powerhouse. Some people just love to complain.
    For straight years without winning the Big XII. How is that a "national powerhouse"?
    Quote Originally Posted by XingTheRubicon View Post
    Betting on OSU to embrace prosperity is like waiting at a liquor store to meet a hooker that's returning your watch.

vCash

What would you call this game if not a clunker? We lost AT HOME. Remember when we used to be invincible at home? Not anymore. This is supposed to be a team in the hunt for a playoff and we're done already because we have had 3 crap games in a row. That's an issue. We aren't a national powerhouse, plain and simple. We are supposed to be. We get the benefit of the doubt every year and we never earn it. People thought we were when Heupel called the game of his life and TK played the game of his life against Bama in the Sugar Bowl, but now we see that that was a fluke. We are the same ol', same ol'...just watch our film and you know what we're gonna run. No doubt Saban thought the same thing last year until we trotted out an entirely new offense.

Oh by the way, I thought losing Rip was actually good for the offense. Not only did it force Bell to block more (and he did a good job), but it made the O less predictable. We run it most of the time when Rip is in there or we throw it to somebody who isn't Rip. Last week against Texas was the only time we didn't. It's just another predictable part of our O that needs to go, and it went when he left the game.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sendbaht's Avatar
    vCash

10 wins would be cool this year....now....
    feel bad like you all, but if Iowa St can beat tx...it would help me feel a little better today...

vCash

10 wins means nothing in the era of 13-14 game seasons.

vCash

I think what we're all frustrated with is the fall over the last 3 games. It's not just losing...it's how bad we look. We looked like world beaters on both sides of the ball before the last 3 games back to the Bama game. We'd like to think that we are improving as the season goes, but that's just not the case. It's been embarrassing to watch how this team has completely puked down their leg. Coaches and players. I think most of us just want to know why and how this has happened.
    In all fairness we were whiney bitches long before OU rammed it up our cornholes, and long before Macks losing season.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TrophyCollector View Post
    For straight years without winning the Big XII. How is that a "national powerhouse"?
    We were Big 12 champs in 2012.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    LOL. Good one. Did we pull the aggie move and get rings for that one?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    If you want to count a spilt with KSU eve though they beat us head-to-head (in Norman), ok. That's pretty weak, but ok.
    Betting on OSU to embrace prosperity is like waiting at a liquor store to meet a hooker that's returning your watch.

vCash

We won the Big XII Championship game against Nebraska 4 years ago, and we split it 2 years ago, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Additionally, over the last 14 years, we've had 12 top 15 finishes, 9 top 10 finishes, 8 top 6 finishes, 9 conference championships, and have had a winning conference record ever single season of the Bob Stoops tenure.

If we're not a national powerhouse, start naming schools who have a had a better 15 year stretch. Seriously. Try to name 5.

Sooner Benchwarmer IGotNoTiming's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post
    Wow, you have really drank the Stoops Kool-Aid. He's not been close to getting into the NC game for 6 years now. NOT EVEN CLOSE. What in the world could make you think he is the best chance for another NC? What's the FACTUAL evidence? Including this year, the last 15 National Championships will have been won by coaches NOT named Stoops. You REALLY need to put the Blake years behind you.
    Not paying attention to history makes history irrelevant. It is the best teacher. If you think getting rid of Stoops now is the answer, your are not only wrong. Players made the biggest mistakes today and that is going to happen. If you are so sure about your belief do me favor... Name me one coach who never lost a game they should have won.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    10 wins means nothing in the era of 13-14 game seasons.
    If it's not a big deal, who else has done it 12 out of the last 14 years?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    LOL. Good one. Did we pull the aggie move and get rings for that one?
    It counts. Honest. In the record books and everything. Trophy and all.

vCash

We won the Big XII Championship game against Nebraska 4 years ago, and we split it 2 years ago, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Additionally, over the last 14 years, we've had 12 top 15 finishes, 9 top 10 finishes, 8 top 6 finishes, 9 conference championships, and have had a winning conference record ever single season of the Bob Stoops tenure.

If we're not a national powerhouse, start naming schools who have a had a better 15 year stretch. Seriously. Try to name 5.
    2011 - no Big XII title
    2012 - same Big XII record as KSU, but the got the BCS bid because they beat us head-to-head. Technically a 1/2 title - whoopee.
    2013 - no Big XII title
    2014 - no Big XII title

I wasn't arguing 15 years, just the last 4. We've been no more or a national contender than Texas has.

vCash

I wasn't arguing 15 years, just the last 4. We've been no more or a national contender than Texas has.
    Ok, now I know you're trolling.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

2011 - no Big XII title
    2012 - same Big XII record as KSU, but the got the BCS bid because they beat us head-to-head. Technically a 1/2 title - whoopee.
    2013 - no Big XII title
    2014 - no Big XII title

2012 was a tie for first, and this season isn't over, so you're essentially looking at 2 non-continuous years and saying that discredits us as a national powerhouse. Even if we did go 4 years without a Big XII Title, you don't lose national powerhouse status for a 4 year stretch only winning 10+ games ever year.

vCash

Stoops (Mike). You know, I can see getting beat on that option pass. Great play call. I can see getting beat again. The third time we came damn close to batting it down. I am, however, convinced that they could have called that on every play and gotten about 30 yards a pop. What bugged me most was the DB play. Sanchez played well. Everybody else was awful. Just awful. And we were so worried about the stupid option pass that we let them get a big first down when the QB was 4 yards past the line of scrimmage. Bad coaching. I know they're young, but c'mon. And the 3 man rush doesn't get it done. Neither does the predictable 3 man rush but one man on the corner who may or may not blitz but is really there to blitz. Mike has not done a good job of disguising blitz packages. I don't know WTF has happened to this D since they looked like world beaters early on. We have gone from midseason form to practice form.
    This.