Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    vCash

Re: K-State loss/game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    What does "being in the hunt entail?"
    Yeah, we'll need to clarify that. Let me work on what I think it entails...you do the same...then we'll come up with the parameters.

vCash

I'm not sure my parameters aren't so narrow as to say winning it all - five more years and it'll be what? 19 or 20 years since we've won one?

Even the ladies down at the cotillion might have had enough by then!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Wow, in between Srinhouston's bad grammar and Sooner8th's general nut stuff,
    I'm guessing that OU should just discontinue football and just fade away. Talk
    about bandwagon jumpers....Geez,...so we don't do it this year. I still like our
    chances going forward (even this year, good bowl, strong recruiting) so all you jerks
    can just go fly a kite. JMO...
    Get used to trotting out that line as long as Stoops is coach. It's worked well the past six years. It will work well for you going forward.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

It's not my wager, so you can set it however you want, but I'd say being top 4 (as in, if the regular season ended that day, they'd be in the playoffs) at some point during the last 2-3 weeks of the regular season. Honestly, being in the hunt would probably be broader than that, but it's still easy money for 8x either way.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post
    Get used to trotting out that line as long as Stoops is coach. It's worked well the past six years. It will work well for you going forward.
    Two things,....who's better? And, PLEASE stay in Houston! TYVM!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    It's not my wager, so you can set it however you want, but I'd say being top 4 (as in, if the regular season ended that day, they'd be in the playoffs) at some point during the last 2-3 weeks of the regular season. Honestly, being in the hunt would probably be broader than that, but it's still easy money for 8x either way.
    Ya think? What exactly shouts out to you that being in the top 4 at the end of the regular season in the next 5 years is a given?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Oh boo hoo. We'll only win 10 games this year, and have almost no significant seniors on this team. How could we possibly be contenders after Bell, Wilson, Grissom, and a couple linemen graduate?

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Yeah, we'll need to clarify that. Let me work on what I think it entails...you do the same...then we'll come up with the parameters.
    That's simple. Getting into the four team playoff. Don't have to win it. Just be one of the four teams selected.

A top coach at a top-tier program should be able to do that once in the next five years. I'm guessing Bob doesn't do it. Love to be proven wrong.

Oh boo hoo. We'll only win 10 games this year, and have almost no significant seniors on this team. How could we possibly be contenders after Bell, Wilson, Grissom, and a couple linemen graduate?
    You are saying that this team will win 10 regular season games?

vCash

Ya think? What exactly shouts out to you that being in the top 4 at the end of the regular season in the next 5 years is a given?
    Stoops' teams have played in 4 NC games in the last 14 or so seasons, and if you expand that out to only being top 4, I'd imagine you'd push that out to at least 6 or 7. Do the math.

If Shep sticks around and DGB stays out of trouble, your odds aren't very good just for a one year bet.

vCash

You are saying that this team will win 10 regular season games?
    Yes...and feel free to quote me on it. Have you seen how our schedule finishes? Baylor is our only tough game left. None of the other teams are of TCU or KSU's caliber...maybe not even Tennessee or WVU quality.

It's entirely possible we only win 9. We could possibly win 11, too. Who knows exactly?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

I think I'm going to do what was recommended in a previous thread and in the future not only curtail my expectations of Sooner FB but not buy in any more to the pumper off-season hype.
    I'll be glad when we're prepared to play on Saturdays in the fall, our coaching staff doesn't look like the keystone cops when either getting the offensive play in the game in a reasonable amount of time as well as being able to be on the same page so we don't burn critical time-outs in the 1st or 3rd quarter.
    I'll just be happy when we're "in the hunt again" for another unshared Big 12-4+2 championship, (no matter how watered down this conference is), and just be ecstatic when our team is lucky enough to show up with some quality bowl game preparation and actually not be embarrassed but win the major bowl game.

Prozac college football.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I wouldn't mind having a new OC with some new original plays

Stoops' teams have played in 4 NC games in the last 14 or so seasons, and if you expand that out to only being top 4, I'd imagine you'd push that out to at least 6 or 7. Do the math.

If Shep sticks around and DGB stays out of trouble, your odds aren't very good just for a one year bet.
    How many NC's has Bob played in during the past 6 years? How many times has his team been in contention for a NC during the last six years as the middle of November rolled around?

ZERO.

Hence, his RECENT record has shown NOTHING to indicate that he can produce a national championship team.

The 2008 season is ancient history in this sport. What OU did that season is TOTALLY irrelevant to what it can do in the future.

And while we're taking about 2008, that is just evidence of another horrendous coaching decision Stoops made. How do you think Jason Garrett would react if Jerry Jones said, "Jason, want you to start using Demarco to return kickoffs". Think Garrett would believe that's a smart idea?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Stoops has won almost 80 per cent of his games over the previous 6 years. Who exactly do you think is going to top that?

Yes...and feel free to quote me on it. Have you seen how our schedule finishes? Baylor is our only tough game left. None of the other teams are of TCU or KSU's caliber...maybe not even Tennessee or WVU quality.

It's entirely possible we only win 9. We could possibly win 11, too. Who knows exactly?
    Oh, trust me. I will be happy to quote you on it. This team will at least one more regular season game.

vCash

Oh, trust me. I will be happy to quote you on it. This team will at least one more regular season game.
    You do realize that if this team only loses one more game, they'll still have a 10 win season, right?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    I understand heupel is married to borens daughter. True? Boren wouldn't let bob bring back the fat man. Just sayin'.
    No. His sister, Andrea, is married to Dan Boren. Dan is president Boren's son AND you are full of beans.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

You do realize that if this team only loses one more game, they'll still have a 10 win season, right?

OU is 5-2 now. There are five regular season games left. So if it loses only one more regular season game, it will have four additional wins. Last I checked 5 + 4 < 10. And you were badgering me about my grammar? I'd suggest looking at your math Mr. Glasshouse.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Stoops has won almost 80 per cent of his games over the previous 6 years. Who exactly do you think is going to top that?
    Given what he's paid compared to other head coaches, he damn well better win 80 percent of his games. But the focus of this string has been about whether he can still compete for another NC. Does he have what it takes to make the four team playoff?