Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: K-State loss/game thoughts

I think Heupel's sister is married to Boren's son. But I don't know and don't really GAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like at least half of the teams on that list have NEVER won a national championship. Ever.

What matters is what those teams are doing NOW. Bob's NC was 14 years ago. So far in the past that it should have NO relevance about his current capacity to compete for another NC.

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Ok, so you would be happier with:

Patterson .583
    Briles .579
    Snyder .666 going into this game
    Saban .750
    Freeze .689
    Mullen .600
    Malzahn .813
    Helfrich .842
    Stoops .802

The two coaches who have won more of their games than Stoops have a combined 5 years of coaching behind them. Sorry, I don't see anyone on this list I'd rather have as our head coach.
    The historical records of those coaches is irrelevant to their value NOW. How important is our Sugar Bowl victory over Bama right NOW?????

Oklahoma Football has been (and in my opinion should be) about regularly competing for National Championships. Do you honestly think Stoops and Co. will have OU in the playoff anytime soon (next four years)? I don't.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post
    What matters is what those teams are doing NOW. Bob's NC was 14 years ago. So far in the past that it should have NO relevance about his current capacity to compete for another NC.
    So basically you're saying that you're willing to go through a decade or more of mediocrity so long as we win it again. We all know we won't get to keep Stoops forever, but I would rather have a coach that keeps us at a consistently high level and keeps giving us chances to get it than roll the dice on a coach - or more likely, series of coaches - on the off-chance that we might find one that could bring in the next one. I still believe Stoops is the best chance for our next national championship. Clearly you disagree, but I'm glad you're in the minority here.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Ok, so you would be happier with:

Patterson .583
    Briles .579
    Snyder .666 going into this game
    Saban .750
    Freeze .689
    Mullen .600
    Malzahn .813
    Helfrich .842
    Stoops .802

The two coaches who have won more of their games than Stoops have a combined 5 years of coaching behind them. Sorry, I don't see anyone on this list I'd rather have as our head coach.
    Yes, "big game" has a great winning percentage, but we couldn't win the big game for a number of years and now we are losing to teams we should beat and all he keeps talking about conference championships, conference championships. I want him to say the truth, we have a huge problem on defense. 107, before the game today, in pass defense. Then I want him to fix it. I am not being paid, what is it now $4m a year to fix it, he is.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I'm just wondering, which pop star blew Honeycutt's, um, confidence.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Yeah, it's been 14 years. How long has it been since TCU won one? Baylor? Ole Miss? K-State? MSU? Oregon?

So basically you're saying that you're willing to go through a decade or more of mediocrity so long as we win it again. We all know we won't get to keep Stoops forever, but I would rather have a coach that keeps us at a consistently high level and keeps giving us chances to get it than roll the dice on a coach - or more likely, series of coaches - on the off-chance that we might find one that could bring in the next one. I still believe Stoops is the best chance for our next national championship. Clearly you disagree, but I'm glad you're in the minority here.
    Wow, you have really drank the Stoops Kool-Aid. He's not been close to getting into the NC game for 6 years now. NOT EVEN CLOSE. What in the world could make you think he is the best chance for another NC? What's the FACTUAL evidence? Including this year, the last 15 National Championships will have been won by coaches NOT named Stoops. You REALLY need to put the Blake years behind you.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Yeah, it's been 14 years. How long has it been since TCU won one? Baylor? Ole Miss? K-State? MSU? Oregon?
    Yep and you can ask Michigan, Nebraska, Tennessee Fans about trying to replace long term winning coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Yep and you can ask Michigan, Nebraska, Tennessee Fans about trying to replace long term winning coaches.
    Again, Administration MATTERS. It's up to a University President and Athletic Director to choose a worthy replacement. Is it an exacting science? Of course not.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Who?

vCash

Wow, you have really drank the Stoops Kool-Aid. He's not been close to getting into the NC game for 6 years now. NOT EVEN CLOSE. What in the world could make you think he is the best chance for another NC? What's the FACTUAL evidence? Including this year, the last 15 National Championships will have been won by coaches NOT named Stoops. You REALLY need to put the Blake years behind you.
    The Kool Aid drinkers can't do it. They are under the impression that if we got rid of Stoops we automatically have to bring Blake back to replace him.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sendbaht's Avatar
    vCash

we lost...hurts.....now lets watch a few others lose and man/women up and get ready for Iowa State....We are lucky to have both coach Stoops...

vCash

Wow, in between Srinhouston's bad grammar and Sooner8th's general nut stuff,
    I'm guessing that OU should just discontinue football and just fade away. Talk
    about bandwagon jumpers....Geez,...so we don't do it this year. I still like our
    chances going forward (even this year, good bowl, strong recruiting) so all you jerks
    can just go fly a kite. JMO...

Administrator
    vCash

Really? You aren't concerned about what Stoops is paid, considering what he delivers? If you paid Five Star Prices for a Three Star meal, that wouldn't concern you?

Sure there is plenty of blame between players and coaches. But it starts with Bob and ends with Bob.

So I simply ask. Do you have any faith that OU will seriously contend for another NC within the next 5 years if Stoops remains coach?
    Nope. Not concerned even a little bit.

I could go into a long, detailed explanation about how good Stoops has been since his arrival, but I'm sure you're aware of those facts. If you are concerned about Bob's salary, and don't think the product is up to snuff, then about the only thing I can offer in advice is "don't go to the games". Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, I have faith we'll be in the hunt for another NC within the next 5 years. And it's not "if" Stoops remains...he's going nowhere.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Nope. Not concerned even a little bit.

I could go into a long, detailed explanation about how good Stoops has been since his arrival, but I'm sure you're aware of those facts. If you are concerned about Bob's salary, and don't think the product is up to snuff, then about the only thing I can offer in advice is "don't go to the games". Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, I have faith we'll be in the hunt for another NC within the next 5 years. And it's not "if" Stoops remains...he's going nowhere.
    Wager?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Bob Stoops is not paid $5m+ per year; it's the HC of the Sooners that gets paid that much. I suspect it will stay that way unless OU decides to deemphasis football.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Wager?
    Sure.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Bob Stoops is not paid $5m+ per year; it's the HC of the Sooners that gets paid that much. I suspect it will stay that wayunless OU decides to deemphasis football.

Are you sure we HAVEN'T done that? Bahahahahahahaha!!!

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Sure.
    What does "being in the hunt entail?"

Olevet Posse Pistolero