Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Striker doesn't have a chance

Everybody in the country, including the talking head morons knew that limiting Waters' time to throw was one key to the game. So, did we bring heat to fluster and pressure him? (Striker or not). We did not.
    It's this sort of thing I'd like to hear Mike address. And before we get too protective of our coaches, Switzer would answer such questions. So did Wilkinson. It's not beneath a coach's dignity to answer something like, 'Mike, a bunch of us armchair guys thought the answer was to pressure the QB, what was wrong with our thinking and what were you guys trying to get done today?"
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Everybody in the country, including the talking head morons knew that limiting Waters' time to throw was one key to the game. So, did we bring heat to fluster and pressure him? (Striker or not). We did not.
    It's this sort of thing I'd like to hear Mike address. And before we get too protective of our coaches, Switzer would answer such questions. So did Wilkinson. It's not beneath a coach's dignity to answer something like, 'Mike, a bunch of us armchair guys thought the answer was to pressure the QB, what was wrong with our thinking and what were you guys trying to get done today?"
    I'd like to hear the answer to that question. I think Mike would probably answer it too. It seems the coordinators are more likely to answer those kinds of direct questions, whereas Stoops isn't (and that's fine by me, he's always been that way, so I don't expect him to change). There could be more to it that we don't see, but if the question never gets asked, we'll never know.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Bob said today that teams are keeping extra people in to pass protect..Sooo, if they are keeping extras in, why are we dropping extras back? and If we are dropping extras back with 3 guys going out for routes, then it seems it would be easier to get off the field in passing situations.
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    Bob said today that teams are keeping extra people in to pass protect..Sooo, if they are keeping extras in, why are we dropping extras back? and If we are dropping extras back with 3 guys going out for routes, then it seems it would be easier to get off the field in passing situations.
    I saw Striker fake a blitz once, and it completely distracted two (at least one) of the blockers, and we got the sack.