Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post

Your ability to understand rhetoric or nuanced thought are astonishingly ignorant - I can give ya that!
    My a$$ is huge, and sometimes I speak out of it. I'll take some credit for that.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OklaPony's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Football Gods smite OU?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    It's a run/pass read option. He can give it to the RB, keep it, or throw it. He elected to throw.

If the safety plays off, it's a 5 yard completion. With the way the safety played it, if he gets the ball to Neal, it's a 99 yard TD. The best option on that play was to hand the ball off. It was just a mistake by TK, and he can't make that throw when the safety clamps down.
    Quote Originally Posted by OklaPony View Post
    So the read came before the ball snap? I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to connect the dots, so to speak.
    Never mind, finally saw the replay. I think I get it now.
    Pride '80 - '81

Whenever Jay Carney speaks, a logic-angel gets its wings ripped off.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

2 missed FG's, and a blocked XP by one of the best kickers in the country says I'm right about the Football Gods being pi**ed!

...but on the positive side I'm certain Bob is welcome at the Ladies Fall Cotillion.
    Hey, CB, I think there's karma afoot for Coach Snyder...his kicker couldn't hit field
    goals against Allbarn and he lost....OUr kicker missed twice against KSU and we lost,
    so yer prolly right about the Gods (P.S., Snyder's teams are exceedlingly well coached
    when it comes to fundamentals....they make very few mistakes!)

Why would you think the coaches weren't prepared for it? I don't like to call college kids out, but Savage was very lazy in protection on that play. That's on him, not the coaches.

According to the quote in today's paper from Snyder, KSU overloaded one side of the line and OU did not account for it. Allowed the guy to blow right through.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I think the reverse pass was a terrible call by Heupel. There was no reason to call that play at that point (TK had looked pretty damn good, and we were running the ball decently on that drive).

This loss goes more on the players than the coaches, but there was certainly some issues with the coaches today too.
    HORRIBLE choice of a play call...as you said, we were moving the ball, running, TK was throwing well. We either get a FG (hopefully getting Cut his confidence back) or a TD...we lost by 1.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Quote Originally Posted by FlatLander View Post
    According to the quote in today's paper from Snyder, KSU overloaded one side of the line and OU did not account for it. Allowed the guy to blow right through.
    it seems like we are never prepared for other teams' hijinx. Ever since Bradley botched the KO return vs USC. The air went out of our balloon the game before that and its never been the same.

vCash

from what I heard on the pic 6 was everyone and their dog, including the ksu defenders expected OU to run it, being on the 6 inch line. The DB was actually looking into the backfield for run support....hence he had a good jump on the ball. I guess I would have thrown deeper, thinking they are expecting us to run. Just a thought.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I am tired of them complaining about the pick 6! It was not good, but the poise of Trevor Knight coming right back and in two plays tied the game. What was bad was that OUr defense could not stop Kansas State! No way should they have given up that many points!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pride1Mom View Post
    I am tired of them complaining about the pick 6! It was not good, but the poise of Trevor Knight coming right back and in two plays tied the game. What was bad was that OUr defense could not stop Kansas State! No way should they have given up that many points!
    2 things, #1 I didn't say (if you are insinuating that) TK made a bad throw...play should not have been called (go deep if ya want to throw it)....#2 D gave up 24...bad - yes, but we score 30 with all the mistakes.

vCash

we spotted them at least 17 points and still almost won.

and the "PC" crap just makes you look stupid Curly

Stoops has nothing to do with Shannon. he may have gotten hosed, but by the school, not the coach. Stoops' hands are tied there.

there is nothing PC about Mixon. was it PC to kick Dusty off the team for a season too?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    we spotted them at least 17 points and still almost won.

and the "PC" crap just makes you look stupid Curly

Stoops has nothing to do with Shannon. he may have gotten hosed, but by the school, not the coach. Stoops' hands are tied there.

there is nothing PC about Mixon. was it PC to kick Dusty off the team for a season too?
    Wasting your keystrokes, yermom. CB probably thinks FSU should be commended for helping Winston evade the authorities on a rape charge.

vCash

yermom has wasted a lot of keystrokes over the years, unless he's still angling for that victim of the month award, and he does really well in that regard.

I don't think FSU should be commended at all, and it's distasteful to have Jimbo Fisher lie to our faces to protect his quarterback, but I'd bet ya that Jameis Winston feels Fisher is on "his side," (regardless of how we feel about "his side"), and FSU is still in the running for the national championship game, something we assuredly are not.

But...the ladies down at the cotillion are happy with Bob, and I'm sure so is the politician that runs the university.

In fact, if we're not all that concerned with the actual on-field performance of the team we can all be happy with him.
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 10/26/2014 at 02:05 PM.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    from what I heard on the pic 6 was everyone and their dog, including the ksu defenders expected OU to run it, being on the 6 inch line. The DB was actually looking into the backfield for run support....hence he had a good jump on the ball. I guess I would have thrown deeper, thinking they are expecting us to run. Just a thought.
    Bingo. If you are going to run a pass route that catches the defense by surprise don't run one that only goes 5 or 6 yards downfield.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

I don't think FSU should be commended at all, and it's distasteful to have Jimbo Fisher lie to our faces to protect his quarterback, but I'd be ya that Jameis Winston feels Fisher is on "his side," (regardless of how we feel about "his side"), and FSU is still in the running for the national championship game, something we assuredly are not.

But...the ladies down at the cotillion are happy with Bob, and I'm sure so is the politician that runs the university.

In fact, if we're not all that concerned with the actual on-field performance of the team we can all be happy with him.
    Nicely said.

There has to be a way to keep ND out of the playoffs. I don't feel confident in knowing just what really happened to get the ref to throw the flag on that touchdown pass by the nd qb(which got erased), but more of that needs to happen.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Nicely said.

There has to be a way to keep ND out of the playoffs. I don't feel confident in knowing just what really happened to get the ref to throw the flag on that touchdown pass by the nd qb(which got erased), but more of that needs to happen.
    The other ND receivers cleared out all the defenders (blocking them with the ball in the air) so that the one receiver would be left wide open. It was a call that would have been criminal not to have made it.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

yermom has wasted a lot of keystrokes over the years, unless he's still angling for that victim of the month award, and he does really well in that regard.

I don't think FSU should be commended at all, and it's distasteful to have Jimbo Fisher lie to our faces to protect his quarterback, but I'd bet ya that Jameis Winston feels Fisher is on "his side," (regardless of how we feel about "his side"), and FSU is still in the running for the national championship game, something we assuredly are not.

you are the one acting like Mixon is a victim of some PC agenda.

he's the victim of his own stupidity. just like Broyles was. and Dusty.

vCash

Mixon is indeed the victim of his own stupidity - mainly that he decided to stay at OU when anyone with half a clue would have left.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

nm
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.