Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Football Gods smite OU?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    That's lovely, but you don't suit up for OU, am I right?
    Do you?
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklaPony View Post
    What was the read option on the P6? It appeared as though he didn't read anything. Granted, I'm no offensive football whiz (actually, there probably are those that find me offensive) but it seems like that was a poor play to even have on the table at that point.
    It's a run/pass read option. He can give it to the RB, keep it, or throw it. He elected to throw.

If the safety plays off, it's a 5 yard completion. With the way the safety played it, if he gets the ball to Neal, it's a 99 yard TD. The best option on that play was to hand the ball off. It was just a mistake by TK, and he can't make that throw when the safety clamps down.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by okiewaker View Post
    The football gods are ticked at Bob and his big mansion. Okay,,,got it.
    Why are you the only one talking about the Stoops mansion here???
    C'mon,,,Cotillion? This thread is NOT about the football gods. It's more about your envy/hatred toward Bob and his cash. I could be wrong,,but not likely.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Do you?
    Really? That's your best comeback? At least try to be witty.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

C'mon,,,Cotillion? This thread is NOT about the football gods. It's more about your envy/hatred toward Bob and his cash. I could be wrong,,but not likely.
    You can make up whatever you'd like. I don't care what Bob makes as long as he gets the job done on the field.

Now, twist that into whatever makes you tingle inside.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OklaPony's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    It's a run/pass read option. He can give it to the RB, keep it, or throw it. He elected to throw.

If the safety plays off, it's a 5 yard completion. With the way the safety played it, if he gets the ball to Neal, it's a 99 yard TD. The best option on that play was to hand the ball off. It was just a mistake by TK, and he can't make that throw when the safety clamps down.
    So the read came before the ball snap? I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to connect the dots, so to speak.
    Pride '80 - '81

Whenever Jay Carney speaks, a logic-angel gets its wings ripped off.

vCash

Really? That's your best comeback? At least try to be witty.
    B/c clearly thats all thats left for you here: style points. Maybe you should take a page from Stoops' book and care less about style points in a loss.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Curly Bill;4872564]

You can make up whatever you'd like. I don't care what Bob makes as long as he gets the job done on the field.

Now, twist that into whatever makes you tingle inside.
    No twisting needed,,,your words are out there in the open. Anyone who can read and decipher can see.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

B/c clearly thats all thats left for you here: style points. Maybe you should take a page from Stoops' book and care less about style points in a loss.
    Clearly you are being made to look silly coming into a thread without the first damn clue what was being hinted at, but that's some quality spin and deflection there with the style points. You wanna try harder?

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Clearly you are being made to look silly coming into a thread without the first damn clue what was being hinted at, but that's some quality spin and deflection there with the style points. You wanna try harder?
    Ok, so you blame "the PC police" for this loss and I'm the one trying to spin this discussion? You're always good for a laugh, Curly.

vCash

Ok, so you blame "the PC police" for this loss and I'm the one trying to spin this discussion? You're always good for a laugh, Curly.

Try to understand the underlying point being made, then come back and try yet again.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Football Gods??? How about the truth, good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by XingTheRubicon View Post
    Betting on OSU to embrace prosperity is like waiting at a liquor store to meet a hooker that's returning your watch.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TrophyCollector View Post
    Football Gods??? How about the truth, good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose.
    You've just made the Football Gods even more angry...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TrophyCollector View Post
    Too simplistic! I'm going with Bob made the Football Gods angry with his bowing to political correctness, instead of having his players backs, and now the Gods are upset!!!

...and I'd guess more than a player or two are less than happy about that.

And for those less educated folks, I'm using rhetoric to make my point - look it up.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Too simplistic! I'm going with Bob made the Football Gods angry with his bowing to political correctness, instead of having his players backs, and now the Gods are upset!!!

...and I'd guess more than a player or two are less than happy about that.

And for those less educated folks, I'm using rhetoric to make my point - look it up.
    Zach Sanchez is obviously not happy about it. I wonder how many guys if any will let that impact their early entry into the draft.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GDC View Post
    Zach Sanchez is obviously not happy about it. I wonder how many guys if any will let that impact their early entry into the draft.
    It's a fair question, though I don't know if we have anyone besides Shepard who might be worthy of early entry. (edit to add Jordan Phillips)

The bigger question to my thinking is how many of the players way down deep believe that Bob really has their back? And if there are any players at all questioning that, then how many of them are willing to run through that proverbial brick wall for him, and if they're not willing to do that how effective is he as a coach, at least at the level we want which is at the top of the college football world?

I know the Kool Aid drinkers will blindly deny that any player would look at Stoops with anything other than God-like adoration, but 18-23 males being what they are I'd bet there's more than Zach Sanchez who feels the way he does.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash
    So,,,I was right. Bash Bob thread. Uhummm,,,just leave the check,,ill cash it later.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

So,,,I was right. Bash Bob thread. Uhummm,,,just leave the check,,ill cash it later.
    Sober up, and come back when you can follow an argument that isn't laid out in black and white for you.

...and whoever denied it wasn't a bash Bob thread? He's incredibly overrated at this point and hardly irreplaceable. So yeah, run him out of Norman on a rail tomorrow and see if I give a sh*t!

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Sober up, and come back when you can follow an argument that isn't laid out in black and white for you.

...and whoever denied it wasn't a bash Bob thread? He's incredibly overrated at this point and hardly irreplaceable. So yeah, run him out of Norman on a rail tomorrow and see if I give a sh*t!
    Sober up from what? Your conclusions are astonishingly ignorant, I'm just pointing it out. Am I wrong?
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Sober up from what? Your conclusions are astonishingly ignorant, I'm just pointing it out. Am I wrong?
    Your ability to understand rhetoric or nuanced thought are astonishingly ignorant - I can give ya that!

Olevet Posse Pistolero