Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Football Gods smite OU?!?!

Give me a head coach who will defend his players instead of bowing down to the PC police!

Maybe the Football Gods feel the same way?!?!

...I would imagine some of the players on the team feel that way! (Though I'm sure they're not gonna say so)
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Re: Football Gods smite OU?!?!

I dunno what the Football Gods think. But I do know that Sugar Bowl win feels like it was 10 years ago.

Sloppy sloppy play, and poor play calling at crucial moments in the game. Stoops gets ultra premium pay. The product delivered is far from premium.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I don't mind Stoops making big money but with it comes the responsibility of making the tough calls concerning staff that will improve said product. That was Mack Browns biggest fault and maybe cost him an NC or 2.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Pick 6, 2 missed FG, Blocked xp and a missed FG or poss TD on a dumb reverse pass were the difference. I lay blame to the coaching staff on the pick 6 and the dumb reverse pass and clearly it was on the players on the botched FG's and blocked XP. To me at least it seems things were evenly screwed up.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I'm rolling my eyes.

vCash

I took my flag down - it is embarrassing.

vCash

2 missed FG's, and a blocked XP by one of the best kickers in the country says I'm right about the Football Gods being pi**ed!

...but on the positive side I'm certain Bob is welcome at the Ladies Fall Cotillion.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Quote Originally Posted by SCSoonerfan View Post
    Pick 6, 2 missed FG, Blocked xp and a missed FG or poss TD on a dumb reverse pass were the difference. I lay blame to the coaching staff on the pick 6 and the dumb reverse pass and clearly it was on the players on the botched FG's and blocked XP. To me at least it seems things were evenly screwed up.
    Yes, If the announcers are knowledgeable enough about the track record of the guy who blocked the x-point, why the hell aren't our coaches prepared for it? Or perhaps they were, and Savage just seriously busted his assignment…

Lots of little things being missed that add up to a big loss.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    The football gods are ticked at Bob and his big mansion. Okay,,,got it.
    Posted from iOS app

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post
    Yes, If the announcers are knowledgeable enough about the track record of the guy who blocked the x-point, why the hell aren't our coaches prepared for it? Or perhaps they were, and Savage just seriously busted his assignment…

Lots of little things being missed that add up to a big loss.
    Why would you think the coaches weren't prepared for it? I don't like to call college kids out, but Savage was very lazy in protection on that play. That's on him, not the coaches.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SCSoonerfan View Post
    I think the reverse pass was a terrible call by Heupel. There was no reason to call that play at that point (TK had looked pretty damn good, and we were running the ball decently on that drive).

On the pick 6, I don't put that on Heupel. That's a run/pass read option, TK just can't make that throw. It was a Landry Jones moment, because Landry would make those kinds of mistakes, but come right back and score (which Knight did).

This loss goes more on the players than the coaches, but there was certainly some issues with the coaches today too.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    This was all on players for not making plays, as with most games. Bob stoops mansion is not at fault here. GTFO!
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Give me a head coach who will defend his players instead of bowing down to the PC police!
    PC police? Did I miss something? How has THAT affected the outcome of this game?
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    PC police? Did I miss something? How has THAT affected the outcome of this game?
    I think it means it would be good to have Frank Shannon and Joe Mixon on the field.

vCash

Yes! Shocker huh?

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    I think it means it would be good to have Frank Shannon and Joe Mixon on the field.
    Not necessarily, but the Football Gods like it when you have your player's backs.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okiewaker View Post
    The football gods are ticked at Bob and his big mansion. Okay,,,got it.
    Why are you the only one talking about the Stoops mansion here???

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    I guess I just don't see those cases as a matter of Stoops failing to stand up for his players. Shannon was done in by the Title IX internal investigation. If Stoops tries to influence that, we're looking at big time sanctions. And if the Mixon video is as bad as everyone says, it sounds like Stoops' call was a no-brainer. I'd characterize those two cases as a matter of poor judgment by the players, not Stoops. Feel free to disagree though.

It is funny how nobody was b!tching about the loss of those 2 being the determinative factor for our season after the WVU game.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OklaPony's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I think the reverse pass was a terrible call by Heupel. There was no reason to call that play at that point (TK had looked pretty damn good, and we were running the ball decently on that drive).

On the pick 6, I don't put that on Heupel. That's a run/pass read option, TK just can't make that throw. It was a Landry Jones moment, because Landry would make those kinds of mistakes, but come right back and score (which Knight did).

This loss goes more on the players than the coaches, but there was certainly some issues with the coaches today too.
    What was the read option on the P6? It appeared as though he didn't read anything. Granted, I'm no offensive football whiz (actually, there probably are those that find me offensive) but it seems like that was a poor play to even have on the table at that point.
    Pride '80 - '81

Whenever Jay Carney speaks, a logic-angel gets its wings ripped off.

vCash

I guess I just don't see those cases as a matter of Stoops failing to stand up for his players. Shannon was done in by the Title IX internal investigation. If Stoops tries to influence that, we're looking at big time sanctions. And if the Mixon video is as bad as everyone says, it sounds like Stoops' call was a no-brainer. I'd characterize those two cases as a matter of poor judgment by the players, not Stoops. Feel free to disagree though.

It is funny how nobody was b!tching about the loss of those 2 being the determinative factor for our season after the WVU game.
    That's lovely, but you don't suit up for OU, am I right?

Olevet Posse Pistolero