Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: What is wrong with our coaching staff?

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    If the team played better and was coached better the game wouldn't be decided by the kicker having an off day.
    If Hunnicutt had an "off day" we would have won. This was much worse than just an off day.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    If Hunnicutt had an "off day" we would have won. This was much worse than just an off day.
    Honecutt missing the xp and 2 fg's was surprising to say the least. The playcalling wasn't.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie91 View Post
    TCU and K-State have inferior talent than OU. Nick Saban isn't taking Houston to a National Championship. As much as I think the Stoops boys ceiling and their floor maybe one in the same, players need to play. Perine, Shepard, Bell all seem to leave it on the field, the entire D, with Julian "they be on scholarships too" Wilson leading the charge, are bunch of second rate *****es.
    Who was the db on the last third down play? Lined up two-three yards off the first down line. I just don't get it. Out coached, AGAIN.

You are what your record says you are.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Good teams find a way to win.

When I can get to a keyboard, I ll put in better thoughts, but just a lot of stupidity today.. On the field and the sidelines.
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    If Hunnicutt makes either FG, or even makes his XP, we win that game. In no way is that an accurate reflection of our kicking game.

The best team doesn't always win.
    I certainly agree with that. Even on the extra point with the blocking failure, the kick looked a bit low for Hunnicutt. And sure, we might be tad better than KSU and certainly should be at home. What I'm talking about is being a great team where we dominate unless we play another great team - a top 5 type of team. We are not that or we would have won both the TCU and KSU games. I don't believe either of those foes are great and it's certainly looking like the big12 doesn't have a great team. But I could be all wet and the big12 has 4-5 great teams that are beating each other up.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    Who was the db on the last third down play? Lined up two-three yards off the first down line. I just don't get it. Out coached, AGAIN.
    Think it was Hayes or Parker. Based on Mike Stoops reaction he was supposed to be in press coverage but wasn't. For me the failings of the coaching staff is not in the play calling but the fact the team looks lost, as if they think they are better than they are or they may just be dumb. I hate to say that about an 19 year old kid but some players are smart and some aren't. Wilson with all his physical abilities doesn't seem to understand when you press and when you pad, Sanchez is quite the opposite he presses for picks too much.

For me good coaching takes place from Monday through Friday and the kids come out prepared, fired up but disciplined in the task at hand. Bob Stoops teams just don't seem to be that way, from the blowout to USC to the Boise State trick plays, OU under Stoops is not mentally tough.

vCash

Several plays stand out but k state is 3rd and 6, mike and Tim can't agree, so timeout called. We come out of the timeout and the secondary is confused in coverage.. Luckily he drops it.

Last series, k state burns 2 timeouts on 3rd down play , we come out and there is confusement in coverages, they convert.. Game over
    Bazinga

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    The game went pretty much like I thought it might. I didn't foresee three missed kicks.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Today was a classic john Blake performance
    Bazinga

Think it was Hayes or Parker. Based on Mike Stoops reaction he was supposed to be in press coverage but wasn't. For me the failings of the coaching staff is not in the play calling but the fact the team looks lost, as if they think they are better than they are or they may just be dumb. I hate to say that about an 19 year old kid but some players are smart and some aren't. Wilson with all his physical abilities doesn't seem to understand when you press and when you pad, Sanchez is quite the opposite he presses for picks too much.

For me good coaching takes place from Monday through Friday and the kids come out prepared, fired up but disciplined in the task at hand. Bob Stoops teams just don't seem to be that way, from the blowout to USC to the Boise State trick plays, OU under Stoops is not mentally tough.
    I agree with everything you said except for Sanchez. I think he is an outstanding and didn't press too much unless he felt he needed to. You have to gamble sometimes as a defender. Too bad an elite corner doesn't make up for terrible safeties and your counterpart corner seeming lost a lot

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    I agree with everything you said except for Sanchez. I think he is an outstanding and didn't press too much unless he felt he needed to. You have to gamble sometimes as a defender. Too bad an elite corner doesn't make up for terrible safeties and your counterpart corner seeming lost a lot
    And Wilson is physically gifted but his comments in the post-TCU press conference that "they get scholarships to" leads me to the stereotype that he never owns up to his shortcomings. His celebrations on the field today remind me of my least favorite Cleveland Browns receiver Greg Little. He just doesn't get it. He plays off and gives up 120 yards receiving but as soon as the WR drops a one handed ball he's dancing like Deion.

And Wilson is physically gifted but his comments in the post-TCU press conference that "they get scholarships to" leads me to the stereotype that he never owns up to his shortcomings. His celebrations on the field today remind me of my least favorite Cleveland Browns receiver Greg Little. He just doesn't get it. He plays off and gives up 120 yards receiving but as soon as the WR drops a one handed ball he's dancing like Deion.
    Exactly. Ex**kingactly I played against Julian in highschool and while I never lined up across him directly or anything, I always thought his track speed is what got him a chance at OU. I was surprised that he even got to start.

vCash

Try to imagine Nick Saban on our sideline today. Total blown gasket. I can't see him putting up with the mistakes, bad play, and bad coaching. That's why he has the trophies he does.

vCash

Just sad. Nothing else to say. My Saints suck, ou sucks. This football season is over for me.
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GDC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post
    Wrong. We've played two teams better than us. TCU and KSU. Creative play callilng, lack of turnovers, and good special teams play are indicators of a better team. They are better because their coaches run a tighter ship.
    Not that this is big news but Snyder and Patterson at TCU continue to astound me with their level of consistency in relation to available resources. Recruiting consistently to a system is a proven model for success. There are times I'm just not sure what Stoops and co. are trying to do.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BlownGP View Post
    Just sad. Nothing else to say. My Saints suck, ou sucks. This football season is over for me.
    My cardinals (stl) lost now my boys got 2 losses. Damn good thing I like my wife and dogs so much. I'm going out and getting hammered tonight.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    Today was a classic john Blake performance
    Agree. Just a Cluster*&^% embarrassment.
    I would like to see HCBS pull a Mike Leach with some coaching staff shake ups, but I don't think there's any way that's going to happen because of the Boren/Herple sister in law deal, which imo should be the 1st.
    Heupel is going to be around a long time either as a middle of the road, surprise us every once in a while with a brilliant game-plan OC or a lifer QB coach because he's not doing himself any favors to a quality head coaching gig with all these captain obvious, late play-call, brain farts. As of now, he'd be lucky to be offered the Arkie State, Idaho, or Podunk U jobs.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    Agree. Just a Cluster*&^% embarrassment.
    I would like to see HCBS pull a Mike Leach with some coaching staff shake ups, but I don't think there's any way that's going to happen because of the Boren/Herple sister in law deal, which imo should be the 1st.
    Heupel is going to be around a long time either as a middle of the road, surprise us every once in a while with a brilliant game-plan OC or a lifer QB coach because he's not doing himself any favors to a quality head coaching gig with all these captain obvious, late play-call, brain farts. As of now, he'd be lucky to be offered the Arkie State, Idaho, or Podunk U jobs.

captain obvious - hilarious!

No wonder boren didn't let bob bring back the fat man..............