Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: What is wrong with our coaching staff?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Admit guys, OUr team just isn't a great team right now. Not bad, but not great.
    Say what you want about us not being great, but we've yet to play a team better than us.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

A wish on a falling star, John Harbaugh

Never thought our kicking game would hurt us. Perine up the middle on 3rd was the worst call of the game, IMO. Just like the 4th and 1 against TCU - they allowed the D to sellout against that one play.
    Yup

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

This all hot air because 8-4 won't get Stoops fired

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Say what you want about us not being great, but we've yet to play a team better than us.
    I'd say we're about even with KSU and I don't think they are great. Yeah we should have won (fans always say that), but the teams were about even and it could have gone either way.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I'd say we're about even with KSU and I don't think they are great. Yeah we should have won (fans always say that), but the teams were about even and it could have gone either way.
    You can say it but it's not true. If you match talent on the rosters OU is better, just make too many mistakes and some players are either unable to be coached or the coaches stink

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Looks like it's the Cactus Bowl for us.

Wrong. We've played two teams better than us. TCU and KSU. Creative play callilng, lack of turnovers, and good special teams play are indicators of a better team. They are better because their coaches run a tighter ship.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

It's going to be interesting to see if this team falls apart the rest of the year.

This might be the cough-it-up loss that causes us to spiral downward out of control. All of the positive spew we got from the Sugar Bowl Win is now in the toilet. Short trip from the penthouse to the outhouse, seems to come to mind.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie91 View Post
    You can say it but it's not true. If you match talent on the rosters OU is better, just make too many mistakes and some players are either unable to be coached or the coaches stink
    Talent doesn't matter - I'm talking about how good a team is. That includes game plan, execution, mistakes, play calling, etc. The teams looked even to me. And KSU is a very good team, we're not talking Kansas. They should be undefeated had they not made mistakes against Auburn. But they did. Just like we did and that has become consistent with OUr team this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie91 View Post
    Isn't part of being a good team not making those mistakes and taking advantage when your opponent does? We might have a more athetically talented team, doesn't make them us a better team though

vCash

I'm going to have to strongly disagree. We sliced through the defense all half, and if it weren't for Neal's dumb play and getting stopped on the one yard line, we would have come out of this game feeling like we did after the WVU game. We lined up and whipped them. We shot ourselves in the foot in the first half, and yet we still had to do it two more times just to lose by 1.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post
    Wrong. We've played two teams better than us. TCU and KSU. Creative play callilng, lack of turnovers, and good special teams play are indicators of a better team. They are better because their coaches run a tighter ship.
    TCU and K-State have inferior talent than OU. Nick Saban isn't taking Houston to a National Championship. As much as I think the Stoops boys ceiling and their floor maybe one in the same, players need to play. Perine, Shepard, Bell all seem to leave it on the field, the entire D, with Julian "they be on scholarships too" Wilson leading the charge, are bunch of second rate *****es.

vCash

I'm going to have to strongly disagree. We sliced through the defense all half, and if it weren't for Neal's dumb play and getting stopped on the one yard line, we would have come out of this game feeling like we did after the WVU game. We lined up and whipped them. We shot ourselves in the foot in the first half, and yet we still had to do it two more times just to lose by 1.
    I still say all those things are a measure of your team and in this case, reflected on the scoreboard.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

And some of those shots in the foot are on the coaches. The playcall on that interception was bad, the blocked XP could be chucked to "bad luck"....::until they mentioned that guy has been blocking XPs, which means coaches should have known about that, and the trick play execution was terrible by Neal but we were moving fine and really did not need that playcall but this last one doesn't bother me as much, most of the blame is on Neal on that one

vCash

This may be one of the worst teams under Stoops. And it's just not the players. It seems there are good players but can't really tell if they just seem good are they really are. I think the offense play calling is just horrendous and perhaps limits the players from making plays. Shepard and Perine. That's really all you have to defend against. Red zone offense is almost laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. The swing passes are as stale as last months bread. We and the rest of the country were faked out again. To think this team was up to #4 and some even saying #1 just goes to show the early polls are a guess at best. Stoops needs to seriously consider coaching changes this year as this one is lost to ineptitude. If he makes some changes early enough and get some better assistants in we might see how good the players and team can be next year.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by limey_sooner View Post
    Isn't part of being a good team not making those mistakes and taking advantage when your opponent does? We might have a more athetically talented team, doesn't make them us a better team though
    Ball security, bad tackling are mistakes that talented teams make. Trevor's & Duron's passes along with the kicking game aren't mistakes, they are brainfarts on the level of "do you even fundamentally understand how to play this game".

vCash

I still say all those things are a measure of your team and in this case, reflected on the scoreboard.
    If Hunnicutt makes either FG, or even makes his XP, we win that game. In no way is that an accurate reflection of our kicking game.

The best team doesn't always win.

vCash

If Hunnicutt makes either FG, or even makes his XP, we win that game. In no way is that an accurate reflection of our kicking game.

The best team doesn't always win.
    If the team played better and was coached better the game wouldn't be decided by the kicker having an off day.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

It's hard for me to watch and enjoy any other college football games on a day when OU loses. Particularly when a loss means no conference champ and definitely no national champ. ugh

Sorry, but I didn't like the 3rd and goal handoff to Perine with the whole state of Kansas lined up to stop it.

Maybe next year
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...