What is wrong with our coaching staff?

We are a terribly coached team.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash
    ****ing worthless
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: What is wrong with our coaching staff?

Bob Stoops is an interesting character. He seems like winning Big 12 Championships is the end all, be all of the Sooner program. In his entire tenure the team has lacked discipline and intestinal fortitude but he does win 9+ games a year and I think OU admin still remembers 94-99.

That touchdown disagrees.

I'm starting to get really nervous with Knight though. He throws to his first read practically every time even when their covered (ex. pick 6)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    That touchdown disagrees.

I'm starting to get really nervous with Knight though. He throws to his first read practically every time even when their covered (ex. pick 6)
    A bad play by ksu cornerback has nothing to do with our coaching. Now taking a timeout because they have wide splits? Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    A bad play by ksu cornerback has nothing to do with our coaching. Now taking a timeout because they have wide splits? Sad.
    So the over the middle pass to Bell was a lucky play? It was a good call, and gave us momentum to keep passing

I'm not the biggest fan of our coaching taff right now (see my post in the Dmitri Flowers thread) but i'm not going to b*tch about them when we are mixing up the run game this game like i've been saying we should do way more

vCash

So the over the middle pass to Bell was a lucky play? It was a good call, and gave us momentum to keep passing

I'm not the biggest fan of our coaching taff right now (see my post in the Dmitri Flowers thread) but i'm not going to b*tch about them when we are mixing up the run game this game like i've been saying we should do way more
    Did i say it was a lucky play? No, the td was a bad play by the corner. Now here we are, 107th in the country in pass D, ksu knocking on the door, can't cover a play that they scored on the last series.

vCash

Why are we keeping Wilson on Lockett?

Did i say it was a lucky play? No, the td was a bad play by the corner. Now here we are, 107th in the country in pass D, ksu knocking on the door, can't cover a play that they scored on the last series.
    Nope but it was obviously a big part of that TD drive. And yeah our defense isn't doing great and they are out coaching us that's true, but their o-line is executing very well. It remains to be seen if we will make adjustments to counter

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercastor View Post
    Why are we keeping Wilson on Lockett?
    Why are we sticking to a three man rush? I figured it out that it won't work against TCU. Striker is suppose to be one of the best pass rushes in the country, yet he does not rush the passer.

vCash

Nope but it was obviously a big part of that TD drive. And yeah our defense isn't doing great and they are out coaching us that's true, but their o-line is executing very well. It remains to be seen if we will make adjustments to counter
    I cannot remember where I saw it, but some talking head was saying knight is not a bad passer, but he was struggling and he was being asked to throw the toughest passes a qb has to throw. I thought back to that game and I didn't remember calling for any high percentages throws to build his confidence.

I cannot remember where I saw it, but some talking head was saying knight is not a bad passer, but he was struggling and he was being asked to throw the toughest passes a qb has to throw. I thought back to that game and I didn't remember calling for any high percentages throws to build his confidence.
    What game are you talking about? Knight can throw some great throws but he almost always throws to his first read. He needs to be more consistent and he can be elite if he steps up just a bit.

Wait... now this drive he is playing GREAT

vCash

What game are you talking about? Knight can throw some great throws but he almost always throws to his first read. He needs to be more consistent and he can be elite if he steps up just a bit.

Wait... now this drive he is playing GREAT
    My bad, TCU. Last drive was the best of the day. You are absolutely right - needs to be more consistent. Do you think play calling has anything to do with it?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Admit guys, OUr team just isn't a great team right now. Not bad, but not great.

It is amazing what a good win over bama does for a program. We played three sharp games off of that high. Reality sets in however...we are average good again. And really, not good at all against the pass and we can't gain 2 yards in two plays consistently against a D line we outweigh by 50 pounds a man.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Yes, our O line should be able to move these guys out. Not really happening to this point even though we have ran the ball decently in the first half.

vCash

They just said KSU has 42 straight wins when leading at half. If saying that doesn't jinx them, nothing will.

My bad, TCU. Last drive was the best of the day. You are absolutely right - needs to be more consistent. Do you think play calling has anything to do with it?
    Yeah it definitely has to do with it. I've felt all season we haven't ran enough in power formations and changing up the run game. But then when Knight is playing good and actually making reads the play calling works. Hopefully the silver lining in Shepard going out is he will go through his progressions more.

What makes me mad is games like texas where what we are calling is obviously not working well yet we keep running the same types of plays. I'll try to trust our coaches but I definitely agree they make you scratch your head in wonder lately. You should read my posts in the Flowers thread. I feel like we don't use our fullbacks enough as mismatches for linebackers
    Last edited by SoonerForLife92; 10/18/2014 at 01:10 PM.

vCash

I'm having a hard time watching this thing.

vCash

Never thought our kicking game would hurt us. Perine up the middle on 3rd was the worst call of the game, IMO. Just like the 4th and 1 against TCU - they allowed the D to sellout against that one play.