Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

What happened to Dimitri Flowers?

I haven't noticed him on the field since the Tulsa game. Did I miss something?

Re: What happened to Dimitri Flowers?

I have been really wondering this myself. I think he played during Tennessee and got a bit of PT against texas.

I don't understand this. If i'm not mistaken he has caught everything thrown to him and the coaches have stated he is an outstanding blocker. Leave it to this coaching staff to under-utilize a multitalented player who is a mismatch for most linebackers, a la Millard.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    I have been really wondering this myself. I think he played during Tennessee and got a bit of PT against texas.

I don't understand this. If i'm not mistaken he has caught everything thrown to him and the coaches have stated he is an outstanding blocker. Leave it to this coaching staff to under-utilize a multitalented player who is a mismatch for most linebackers, a la Millard.

Yea, Im sick of this, we should Fire the entire coaching staff. We should win the NC every year and Never score less than 50 a Game and gettin at least 6 shutouts every year. I mean come on these Players aint a bunch of kids that will make mistakes.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Yea, Im sick of this, we should Fire the entire coaching staff. We should win the NC every year and Never score less than 50 a Game and gettin at least 6 shutouts every year. I mean come on these Players aint a bunch of kids that will make mistakes.
    Yeah because I definitely insinuated anything close to that in my post.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    Yeah because I definitely insinuated anything close to that in my post.
    I know this is sarcasm, but you did.

You called out the coaching staff for not playing Millard, and inferred that this is usual behavior.

And it is much easier to slam your opinion instead of arguing against it!!
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerwake's Avatar
    vCash

I think the point is that the OU coaches are in a MUCH better position to judge what skills a player has and how to best utilize them for the benefit of the team than a bunch of coaching-wannabes on a message board. So, is the inference that the coaches purposely under-utilize players or that they are just stupid? And if they do it on purpose, why? Do some of you really think that the coaches would do something that is contrary to winning, even though that's what keeps them gainfully employed??

Just get a little tired of the keyboard Lombardis.. My $00.02..

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Seems that flowers pt dropped around the time Ford was injured. Maybe now they are leaning on perine and ripkowski can handle protection/blocking a bit better at this stage. Hard to say but I did notice rip is playing alot

He is just discussing his opinion , which is all we can do on a forum!!
    I would just rather see arguments against his opinion instead of dismissal !!
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

OK, I'll bite.. How is Flowers, and apparently Millard, under-utilized? What information do you have that the coaches don't?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Wake, I largely agree with you, but where's the line? Is it a matter of tone? Substance? Surely you can't assert that we all should STFU, grin like morons and simply accept whatever comes down the pike, can you?
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Great question... There's alot of great discussion that happens here, but IMO we sometimes really reach and make opinions based on absolutely no information. For me, it's a matter of give us an opinion, and what supports it. Saying that someone isn't used properly without anything to back it up makes a huge leap. Conversation that talks about how bad our guards are, and why is pure gold... We may all disagree, but that's the fun, right??

Or, maybe it's my manly time of the month.. One or the other...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I can buy that. I admit to open frustration with the coaches from time to time but it's on the basis that: they recruited these guys, they coached them, they designed the game plan and then they called the plays. Some ownership, please, fellows! Putting it all off onto 'poor execution' seems a bit of a dodge. Likewise, when a guy shows pretty high talent and results and then disappears, I'd like some indication why.
    And, no, I don't own the program and I don't expect Bob to give an in depth analysis to God, the opposing teams and the public in general, but throw us a damn bone once in a while. Without the fans, there would be no program, it's a symbiotic relationship.
    At least after the season, it would be nice to finally find out that "Well, Ralph had a compound fracture of his skull in game two so we decided, in an abundance of caution, to sit him for the middle portion of the season." Then, at least, I'd have some basis on which to understand what was going down.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Administrator
    vCash

Flowers has played almost as much in the past few games as he did in the first few, the only real difference is that he started the first three games. It could be because we started in a different package the past three, or Rip got the call in front of him. He's still on the field a fair amount.

He also hasn't played with the ball (meaning he hasn't caught a pass or carried it), so it's easy to not notice when he's in the game. I'm sure the staff would like to utilize him as they did early, but our offense hasn't really been the same either.

My post is based on absolutely no information? How about watching the games? Millard was an outstanding blocker so they needed him to do that mostly. However I always see complaining on this board about us not having a tight end more in the game plan. Millard and Flowers are essentially the same thing, a mismatch for most linebackers.

I'm not claiming to know more about football or the team than the coaches. I find it hilarious some of you think that's what I am implying. I don't know more about football than saban either but I would still know to run the ball way more than bama did in the second half against us.

Maybe Flower's blocking, route running, and practicing has been inadequate as of late, but the fact that the coaches have stated he is a great blocker and the fact he has caught every ball thrown to him makes me PERSONALLY think he should be in the game plan more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I know this is sarcasm, but you did.

You called out the coaching staff for not playing Millard, and inferred that this is usual behavior.
    Oh okay now quote me where I implied they should all be fired and we should win the NC game every year

Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

vCash

I know the coaches know a thousand times more than any of us do. But when Shepard was hurt, and couple of other guys had to make plays, they did. I just wonder how some of those guys would respond if they really got the chance and had to come through. Anyway, enough armchair second guessing....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouflak View Post
    I know the coaches know a thousand times more than any of us do. But when Shepard was hurt, and couple of other guys had to make plays, they did. I just wonder how some of those guys would respond if they really got the chance and had to come through. Anyway, enough armchair second guessing....
    Yeah I mentioned in the game thread that sheppard being temporarily out might help this defense a bit for the long run with other guys having to step up, and you saw some of that on the last drive in the first half.