Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

OU student charged with murdering parents, younger sister

A very sad case out of Duncan that has developed over the weekend. A newspaper owner husband-wife and their 17-year-old daughter were murdered Friday. Now, police are saying the 19-year-old son/brother, an OU student, murdered them, then went to OU-Texas as an alibi.

Very sad. Please keep the family and Duncan community in your thoughts and prayers.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: OU student charged with murdering parents, younger sister

First the thrill kill of the Aussie baseball player, now this. What's up with Duncan these days?

(disclosure, I was born there.)
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Very disturbing. Killing your mother, father, and sister for $3,000?

(sidenote: I don't have a pricetag on my family. That just seems incredibly low even for a messed up person.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Judge Smails's Avatar
    vCash

Alan Hruby is a freshman at the University of Oklahoma. After the killing, he spent the weekend in Dallas with friends, staying at The Ritz-Carlton. He had a ticket to the OU-Texas game in Dallas on Saturday but sold it, a friend said.

Police and the district attorney said the motive was money. The student owed a Norman “loan shark” company $3,000, the prosecutor said.

“Alan Hruby stated that the reason that he killed his family was that he had been cut off financially ... due to an abundance of spending in recent times,” Duncan police detective John Byers reported in a court affidavit.

The detective reported Alan Hruby admitted shooting his mother first, catching her alone in the kitchen. He said he shot her again after she fell to the floor and still showed signs of life.

He admitted he then waited for his sister, shooting her when she walked into the kitchen after washing her vehicle, according to the affidavit.

He admitted he then waited an hour for his father to come home, the detective reported.

He shot his father in the kitchen, aiming for the head. He said his father stated, “Ouch,” and then fell to the floor. He said he shot his father again because his father still showed signs of life.

Evil little bastard. I've got a tree and a rope with his name on it.

vCash

I honestly feel sick to my stomach reading this, and I read some pretty tragic news without flinching. This is what the death sentence is for.

Sooner Benchwarmer IGotNoTiming's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I honestly feel sick to my stomach reading this, and I read some pretty tragic news without flinching. This is what the death sentence is for.
    Death sentence is too easy for this crime. Make this guy the cell block b@tch.

vCash

Although it certainly wouldn't bug me if he was executed or died in a prison 'fight', the best thing to do with him is to lock him up and forget him. Cheaper than death row/execution, more crushing to him over the long haul.

Not meant to be an excuse for his actions, but, dayum, there's got to be something wrong with him to do something like this.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

We will probably find out that the young man has always been a problem, but they had no idea how bad he really was. Obviously not thinking right when he thought if he killed all of them he would inherit all of the family's money. SICK! SICK! SICK!

vCash

Headington Hall is not a cheap dorm if you're not getting it covered with an athletic scholarship. Based on his recent legal issues along with his recent social media activity, it sounds less like a mental disorder and more like an entitlement disorder.

He seemed to never have enough money and stole from family members (and even one of his grandma's friends' checkbooks) to get more... and in this case, stole his family members' lives to squeeze the last penny out after they reportedly cut him off financially.

If any of you stayed at the Ritz this OU-Texas weekend, I hope you farted in his elevator. It sounds like he took the trip and enjoyed it remorselessly

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Yeah, agreed. This for some reason, in a crap-storm of daily bad news, seems egregious beyond the pale. Absolutely despicable. It has definitely triggered my inner vengeance.

I think it's wrong to categorize this kid as an "OU Student". Been there less than two months, hardly deserves the moniker. Problems started way before. OU doesn't deserve any dirt because of this turd.

Let's call him "Duncan OK teenager" instead.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by HToady View Post
    I think it's wrong to categorize this kid as an "OU Student". Been there less than two months, hardly deserves the moniker. Problems started way before. OU doesn't deserve any dirt because of this turd.

It's a sports message board so "OU student" is how rival message boards are going to refer to him, but I agree that he's less OU student and more murderer. As a 19-year-old, I'd even venture that he shouldn't be called a teen anymore, as he will be on trial as an adult.

It's fairly apparent that his parents did everything they could to help their entitled son from putting him in the best dorm on OU's campus to sending him to best university in the region, but that still wasn't enough for the brat

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by HToady View Post

Unfortunately He is or was in fact a Student at OU.
    Even the News media is callin him one.
    Just a spoiled rich kid that got Piszsed off when he got cut off the Mommy /Daddy tit.

http://newsok.com/troubled-college-s...rticle/5353831
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

It goes beyond that, Vet. An extremely immature person might lash out in anger and commit some horrific act. This one, though, required multiple attacks on at least two of the victims and then periods of waiting between all three events. That gets you right on over to sociopath territory.
    I'm not offering that as an excuse for his actions, but this guy is way beyond merely an azzhole.

vCash

yknow what phrase a red flag is? "I like nice things." Anyone that says or tweets that just reeks of entitlement, not to mention stupidity. People that "like nice things" are why Dillards charges $40 for underwear for Pokes to steal

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    It goes beyond that, Vet. An extremely immature person might lash out in anger and commit some horrific act. This one, though, required multiple attacks on at least two of the victims and then periods of waiting between all three events. That gets you right on over to sociopath territory.
    I'm not offering that as an excuse for his actions, but this guy is way beyond merely an azzhole.
    ^This. Most humans are not capable of such acts no matter how pampered. Definitely sociopath and there is no fix for these animals.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Oh I agree Bro. Just sayin as long as Mommy an Daddy were leting him suck the Home tit he was ok. He would have gone of eventually tho.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

As awful as this is, I am glad that he didnt go on a killing spree on campus...I guess most of the students are poor after paying tuition

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

There are loan sharks in Norman, OK?

vCash

This guy is cold and calculating, but dumb as a sack of rock. Not a good combination. I don't think he bothered to research that whole inheritance thing.