SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

City of Houston....if ANYONE believes this is ok your a total >>>>>

A$$,,,

just wow. I thought this was America...this is going downhill fast. A small suburb of KC in KS passed a similar "non-discrimination" ordinance....This is how it will happen. Small towns, cities, etc...will pass these laws...not the feds.

The city of Houston has issued subpoenas demanding a group of pastors turn over any sermons dealing with homosexuality, gender identity or Annise Parker, the city’s first openly lesbian mayor. And those ministers who fail to comply could be held in contempt of court.

“The city’s subpoena of sermons and other pastoral communications is both needless and unprecedented,” Alliance Defending Freedom attorney Christina Holcomb said in a statement. “The city council and its attorneys are engaging in an inquisition designed to stifle any critique of its actions.”

The subpoenas are just the latest twist in an ongoing saga over the Houston’s new non-discrimination ordinance. The law, among other things, would allow men to use the ladies room and vice versa. The city council approved the law in June.

The Houston Chronicle reported opponents of the ordinance launched a petition drive that generated more than 50,000 signatures – far more than the 17,269 needed to put a referendum on the ballot.

However, the city threw out the petition in August over alleged irregularities.

After opponents of the bathroom bill filed a lawsuit the city’s attorneys responded by issuing the subpoenas against the pastors.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...-over-sermons/
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Re: City of Houston....if ANYONE believes this is ok your a total >>>>>

i wont say what the mayor is, but its rude and describes a part of the anatomy. what a piece of horse**** crap from the dyke mayor. one of these days people will wake up to this Orwellian crap and revolt!
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

They are scrambling in Houston...

Mayor Parker agrees with those who are concerned about the city legal department’s subpoenas for pastor’s sermons. The subpoenas were issued by pro bono attorneys helping the city prepare for the trial regarding the petition to repeal the new Houston Equal Rights Ordinance (HERO) in January. Neither the mayor nor City Attorney David Feldman were aware the subpoenas had been issued until yesterday. Both agree the original documents were overly broad. The city will move to narrow the scope during an upcoming court hearing. Feldman says the focus should be only on communications related to the HERO petition process.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

pretty easy to cover your back side AFTER people hear about it and raise stink. No way in he11 she didn't know about it. If she didn't then that's another slap on the council and her for NOT knowing what the lawyers are doing.
    Either way..POS. (them, not you)
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

The other part. Of this law will allow men to use women bathrooms...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Holy Crap, not NO, but HELL NO! I'm not sure I believe what I just read..REALLY,
    someone wants to read sermons ahead of time? Now, I've heard things about Texans...
    Censor? Hmmm, not sure about the politics but it sure is messed up, no matter the
    party.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Holy Crap, not NO, but HELL NO! I'm not sure I believe what I just read..REALLY,
    someone wants to read sermons ahead of time? Now, I've heard things about Texans...
    Censor? Hmmm, not sure about the politics but it sure is messed up, no matter the
    party.....
    Bro, Its a Lib, Dyke Mayor who now wants to wave her Vag and say Im here and Im Queer!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

isn't part of the deal for them to get tax exempt status that they aren't supposed to be telling their congregation how to vote, or am i imagining that?

vCash

where does it say they are telling them who to vote for? or how? I go to mass every week and not once has any priest said vote for this or that...they have said to stand up for your morals and your conscious.

vCash

do you attend services in one of the churches subpoenaed?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    isn't part of the deal for them to get tax exempt status that they aren't supposed to be telling their congregation how to vote, or am i imagining that?
    Even so that would fall to the IRS to investigate NOT the City.
    A city Mayor Nor the City prosecutors have the authority to blanket subpoena a group Pastors work notes or sermons on suspicion only.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

this is all about the attempt to put this on the ballot to be voted on by the people. it will likely lose, so dyke mayor crony city attorney denied the ballot petitions because of "fraudulent signatures" never mind they had 4 times the sigs needed. the churches through an intermediary sued the city and there is a court case to hear whether the sigs are valid and to put it on a ballot. the city is fighting this. so they are going after the pastors and want to shame them.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    Null
    Posted from iOS app