vCash

Re: Oklahoma vs Kansas State score predictions

Boomer Sooner - 34
    purple nurple - 27

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    They look similar, until you look at the schedules next to each other. With WVU, TCU and Texas out of the way, we've played a much better schedule than KSU. In fact, KSU has the most difficult remaining schedule in the conference (they've only played ISU and Tech, two of the bottom 3).

This weekend will tell us a little more about both teams, but I have a feeling KSU's defense isn't as good as the media believes or the stats would indicate. Trevor Knight put up 41 points on KSU last year, on the road. They (KSU defense) isn't that much different this year. But, getting a bye week will help them. I just think OU is better overall.
    i stated that at the end...but being confident does a team good.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

They look similar, until you look at the schedules next to each other. With WVU, TCU and Texas out of the way, we've played a much better schedule than KSU. In fact, KSU has the most difficult remaining schedule in the conference (they've only played ISU and Tech, two of the bottom 3).

This weekend will tell us a little more about both teams, but I have a feeling KSU's defense isn't as good as the media believes or the stats would indicate. Trevor Knight put up 41 points on KSU last year, on the road. They (KSU defense) isn't that much different this year. But, getting a bye week will help them. I just think OU is better overall.
    I like that sentiment, but it's a little misleading. Sanchez had that pick 6, & Saunders had that gutsy (& probably ill-advised, but I'm definitely not complaining) punt return back to the KSU 3.

I'd also be downright shocked (albeit very pleasantly so) if they defended us the same way as they did last year. They basically kept their safeties deep for the large majority of the game, which allowed Clay & Knight to go nuts on the ground. Considering our passing game woes of the past 2 games, that'd be pretty much the last thing I'd expect from them.

Here's to me being so far off base that I'm on the other side of the foul line.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 ouduckhunter's Avatar
    North Carolina via Oreygon, Texas, and the great state of Oklahoma
    vCash

OU 49 - 20
    From the home of Seymour Johnson Air Force Base...

vCash

both tcu and horns showed everyone how to beat the Sooners...load up the box, put the receivers 1/1 and make knight beat by the long pass. Yes, OU went 1/1 but if it wasn't for the horns total collapse on offense I don't think we win that one.

I know Stoops and Co know more than I'll ever about college football but it's pretty clear the play calling, either by design of not want Knight to run, or just what it is...won't work on good d teams that load the box.

As I said, close one, OU by a TD
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    I like that sentiment, but it's a little misleading. Sanchez had that pick 6, & Saunders had that gutsy (& probably ill-advised, but I'm definitely not complaining) punt return back to the KSU 3.

I'd also be downright shocked (albeit very pleasantly so) if they defended us the same way as they did last year. They basically kept their safeties deep for the large majority of the game, which allowed Clay & Knight to go nuts on the ground. Considering our passing game woes of the past 2 games, that'd be pretty much the last thing I'd expect from them.

Here's to me being so far off base that I'm on the other side of the foul line.
    Good points. Knight certainly didn't put up all those points himself, and the pick 6/Saunders crazy punt return were big plays too. My point was more to his capability against a very similar group for KSU. I hope we see more of that kind of TK than what we saw against Texas (and late in the TCU game).

I think you're right on the mark with your thoughts about the way KSU will play OU (different from last year). With two weeks off to prepare, I'm sure Snyder & Co. will have a different game plan, and no doubt they'll be a challenge.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    both tcu and horns showed everyone how to beat the Sooners...load up the box, put the receivers 1/1 and make knight beat by the long pass. Yes, OU went 1/1 but if it wasn't for the horns total collapse on offense I don't think we win that one.

I know Stoops and Co know more than I'll ever about college football but it's pretty clear the play calling, either by design of not want Knight to run, or just what it is...won't work on good d teams that load the box.

As I said, close one, OU by a TD
    I don't agree with that. Go back to the WVU game two years ago...that was a perfect example of a team's weakness getting exposed. Our issues at LB were exposed for all to see. The bad part was that there wasn't a quick fix to that problem...and we got exploited by A&M because of it.

The past two games weren't a 'blueprint' for how to beat us, unless the blueprint is to have us play mediocre to terrible mentally. There was a play in the Texas game (we were on defense...third and long) that changed how that game played out (I know you can't put an outcome on one play, but it changed everything). I'm not going to call out the player, but it was a bad mental bust, and Texas scored an important TD. Had we held on that drive, the game is over and we end up winning something like 31-17. My point is that it had nothing to do with lack of talent, or even scheme...it was one guy not on the same page as the others. That's not a blueprint to victory unless the opposing teams can somehow hypnotize our players to continue to make those kinds of mistakes.

After going back and watching the last two games, there were more uncharacteristic break-downs (on offense and defense) than I've seen in the past 12 games. Things started clicking for the defense at half-time last week, but there's still a lot to clean up (as illustrated in the above example). As for the offense, again it's not just one thing, it's guys not being on the same page, coaches not getting plays in, and lots of inconsistent play.

We aren't 1-1 (with the one victory being ugly) because we've been figured out, we're 1-1 because, for whatever reasons, we've just looked really sloppy the past two games. If we continue to play that way, we'll continue to be in tough, close games to the end. If we can get back to everyone doing their job, and we have seen that more than once this year, we will have a much easier time defeating teams (even the good ones). I still don't think there's a team in the conference as talented in all three phases as OU, but we have to show up.

Loading the box and playing man behind is nothing new to this group. Outside of TCU, we've seen that from every team we've played over the past 10-12 games. Knight/OU has only 1 loss over that time frame, so we know this team has the ability to get past that...they just have to be consistent.

What makes me nervous about this game is not knowing which OU team shows up against KSU. It could be a close, back and forth type game, or it'll be a lopsided OU victory.

vCash

What makes me nervous about this game is not knowing which OU team shows up against KSU. It could be a close, back and forth type game, or it'll be a lopsided OU victory.
    totally agree here....I guess I saw Knight run more than what he's done the last 2 weeks. I just HATE that delayed handoff....ugh. Hopefully the OU team that doesn't have too many busts will show. Already catching crap up here~

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Judge Smails's Avatar
    vCash

Heupel has Ebola symptoms and is placed in quarantine before kickoff:

OU - 27
    MildKatz - 17

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

K State 34 OU 24

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    KSU 28

OU 17
    We scored more than I thought we would, and though I'm hardly psychic I saw this one coming.

We're not a very good team, and not remotely well coached. KSU though short in the talent department is gonna be well coached as long as Snyder is there - thus we get what happened today.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    33-31. Tight game. Like John Holmes- breaking- in a -virgin- tight.
    If hunnicut doesn't miss like the fan at halftime did it's possible I would have nailed it. But if he *did* make it I had no faith we could have held ksu in the final three mins.