Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Oklahoma vs Kansas State score predictions

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    (He also could do this in a week).
    lol...no doubt. I don't much about football (coaching) but dang I think I can figure out the formula...

OU 24
    ksu 20
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    K-State isn't as good as TCU, and even in that game, we threw away many opportunities to win. K-State is always a formidable team, but I think a lot of people are pointing to the Auburn game as a reason to believe KSU will be so tough. As it turns out, Auburn isn't as good as advertised.

I'm not saying it's going to be an easy win (my prediction is 31-20), but if KSU is to come to Norman and win, they'll have to play a perfect game and we'll have to play poorly (just like in 2012). I just don't see that happening. KSU is not as good as they were two years ago, and we are better than we were in 2012.
    points 40.8/40.5
    D 21.0/21.5

passing 1200 yrd 7 td/3 pics
    1500 yrd 6 td/5 pics

rushing td 14/12

look pretty similar to me. I'd put ksu's qb a tad better in the decision making at this point. btw, ksu/ou on the stats

ksu ranked 14 OU 11 in both polls
    ksu 15 OU 11 in espn power polls.

I'm thinking this will be a nail bitter, unless Stoops opens the running up. The DELAYED by a million seconds hand-off will NOT work with ksu's d.

I will give OU the nod in competition...and the fact we've played 2 true road games and at Dallas. ksu only played at isu and that was a squeaker.
    Last edited by Soonerjeepman; 10/15/2014 at 12:16 PM.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Absolutely have to shut down Tyler Lockett, and Waters is no slouch. I'll give the home edge to Stoops and the fact Snyder really has only beaten Bob, what, twice?

By the way, the Texas game this year reminded me of the OSewe game last year. We probably shouldn't have won that one either but we did. We actually played better in this game than that one, with the third quarter being the safety valve. I think once we got up 31-13 everybody relaxed a bit figuring the 'Horns would give up. Didn't happen.

Back to this game: Think it will still be close, though we are due to play better. 24-20, us'ns.

ou 24
    ksu 31

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

Sooners - 35
    Hello kittys - 23
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by deweydw View Post
    Sooners - 35
    Goodbye kittys - 23
    FIFY
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

HMFIC
    vCash

Us - some points.
    Them - less points than us.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pride1Mom View Post
    The best thing I saw last Saturday was NO turn overs!!
    That is because they didn't have time, or run enough plays to turn it over!!! I kid, I kid!!!
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
    - President John F. Kennedy

OU 27
    KSU 13

vCash

KSU 28

OU 17
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

There's the CB we all know and love!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    There's the CB we all know and love!
    Yup! Never been a Kool Aid drinker, and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't lose Saturday. Wouldn't be surprised if we beat them comfortably either.

If it was being played in Kansas I'd take KSU all day long.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tnraider1 View Post
    I agree that this KSU team is not as good as the 2012 version, but I am no where close to being convinced that we are better. Good teams covert on 3rd down. (2012 - 52% , 2014 - 36%) In 2012 we had better receivers, a better offensive line, and a better QB. I'm not usually such a Debbie Downer, but an ugly loss followed by an ugly win against a crappy Texas team doesn't give me much to hang on to. It's a home game, which is the only reason I still think we win this week. I had very high hopes to begin this season, but now I see us as a 3 loss team by year's end. Hopefully they can right the ship and get it in gear.
    I *think* we're a better team, but the past two weeks have certainly put that into question. I feel like this team will get it turned around, and get things corrected down the stretch, but until it happens it's just hope.

We definitely have to get things sorted out and play better. KSU will capitalize on our mistakes, so it's going to be crucial that we don't give them any to capitalize on.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sendbaht's Avatar
    vCash

not sure the score but we win by more the 2 TDs..

vCash

Good Guys------24
    Purple Uglies----23

Boomer

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

We follow the Texes game plan again. Two kickoff returns for a couple of TDs, a couple of scores off defense and two field goals.

OU - 34
    KSU - 30

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 msteudem's Avatar
    vCash

Sooners 38
    The Fighting Snyders 9

This will be our statement game!
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

If the Sooner offense doesn't @%^& the bed with 3 and outs like the couple of weeks and lets our D rest some, we get a long distance TD or 2 or our D gets 1 or 2 TOs especially early and our D doesn't let a track meet of easy crossing routes develop behind our LBs, then OU 35 or 38 and KSU 21 or 24

If our offense continues their 3 and out drought especially early, our D lets another average QB have an All-American type day and we don't get too much pressure on the pass rush, and Lockett runs wild in our secondary especially across the middle, then KSU 35 or 38 and OU 24 or 28.

I just don't know which Sooner Team and especially which game-plan from our O coordinator will show up (outside of us running up the middle and praying for something to open up). I also don't have too much confidence that our O can adjust at halftime if we fall behind at the half because the Old Man is one step ahead of them with 2 weeks to prep. Our D, I think, can adjust at the half, it's just, will they have anything left in the tank in the 4th, if O continues with their woes.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    points 40.8/40.5
    D 21.0/21.5

passing 1200 yrd 7 td/3 pics
    1500 yrd 6 td/5 pics

rushing td 14/12

look pretty similar to me. I'd put ksu's qb a tad better in the decision making at this point. btw, ksu/ou on the stats

ksu ranked 14 OU 11 in both polls
    ksu 15 OU 11 in espn power polls.

I'm thinking this will be a nail bitter, unless Stoops opens the running up. The DELAYED by a million seconds hand-off will NOT work with ksu's d.

I will give OU the nod in competition...and the fact we've played 2 true road games and at Dallas. ksu only played at isu and that was a squeaker.
    They look similar, until you look at the schedules next to each other. With WVU, TCU and Texas out of the way, we've played a much better schedule than KSU. In fact, KSU has the most difficult remaining schedule in the conference (they've only played ISU and Tech, two of the bottom 3).

This weekend will tell us a little more about both teams, but I have a feeling KSU's defense isn't as good as the media believes or the stats would indicate. Trevor Knight put up 41 points on KSU last year, on the road. They (KSU defense) isn't that much different this year. But, getting a bye week will help them. I just think OU is better overall.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

OU 55 Ksu 13. We show up.