Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Sooner womens basketball thread 2014-15

None from the game on twitter or SS, so here's a screen capture from NewsOK video:

Here's what OU posted to twitter pre-game:

50 is a closely guarded secret. Don't tell any opposing fans!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

guess I see a woman who is comfortable being her age as a great thing...lol, course I'm her age~

yes, that shot does not do it justice. Sorry, but I think it's great our coach is a very good coach and good to look at...I'm a guy~
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

As long as we're all here and discussing Sherri, anyone have any fun Sherri stories over the years?

For jeep: You can see her in her blue dress in the video posted with this article if you must:
    http://newsok.com/sooners-rout-cowgi...rticle/5386045

vCash

Nature’s first green is gold,
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leaf’s a flower;
    But only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.

Double OT Furk.

Our friends over at ouhoops have a few threads going on officiating complaints. So, that about sums it up. Just know that we had a 3-point halftime lead, but lost to Lady Whorn in 2OT. The undefeated streak in the Big 12 had to end eventually, the turk had to come, and furk the turk.

Sooner stats:

Four fouled out: When they extend the game an extra 10 minutes this is bound to happen, but it doesn't make me any happier. Maddie, Kay Kay, Sharane and Gioya were reffed.

Well balanced rebounding: That's a nice way of saying nobody got more than six... but five players had at least five.

Sherri, what the hell happened in 2OT compared to the rest of the game?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri Coale postgame
    I'm not really sure. The second overtime is a bit of a blur to me right now. I liked the way we jumped out to a lead, and maybe we should've let them score first. We had a little more success with that it seems like.
    Next game: 1 p.m. Super Bowl Sunday at West Virginia. Is it time to invite BYU to the conference so that we don't have to play on (Super Bowl!!!!!!) Sunday anymore?

Booomerrrrrr

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    [i]Nature’s first green is gold,
    Word

vCash

Oh I'm sorry. The poem isn't "Black's first black is black" so there is no possible way this is referring to Baylor:

Clearly a Packer reference, who have never worn black in their entire football existence

vCash

Oh I'm sorry. The poem isn't "Black's first black is black" so there is no possible way this is referring to Baylor:

Clearly a Packer reference, who have never worn black in their entire football existence

vCash

I am not! I have Baylor friends! ...oh wait no I don't so I guess I am.

I'm sorry, I can't help myself. I just find black uniforms to be pointless and a stupid recruiting ploy and I'm glad OU hasn't gone that way (yet)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

As long as we're all here and discussing Sherri, anyone have any fun Sherri stories over the years?

For jeep: You can see her in her blue dress in the video posted with this article if you must:
    http://newsok.com/sooners-rout-cowgi...rticle/5386045
    Not really a fun story but, Sherri and I graduated from the same high school...Healdton, OK,
    although "several" years apart...

vCash

First of all, congratulations to the men's basketball team. If you haven't started vBookieing this season, I recommend checking it out.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/for...he-Sports-Book

Out of sheer laziness, I'm basically rewarding everyone when the Sooners win and just taking vCash away when they lose. Fortunately, OU has been winning more lately... the men, not the women

Mountie 78, Sooners 69

Goodbye, top 25. I'd like to think that a few quality losses would not result in a tumble out of the rankings, but we just haven't done enough early in the season to warrant that benefit of the doubt we've gotten in the past (read: most seasons up till last year's debacle). And the losses were both road losses. And we've beaten both UT and WVU already this season. Doesn't matter; we have 7 losses this season (and two Big 12 losses this week alone) after starting 7-0 in-conference. Ah well. It was a nice run while it lasted.

Sooner statz:

Let's turn over the ball: Let's not next game, please. After a few less abysmal turnover stat lines recently, I've stopped poking fun at this. Then, we log 21 against Mountie. Well, at least WVU had more (22).

Let's lob 3s: First of all, please know that badger's three (not free) throw percentage is zero percent. But, OU's should be higher than 23.5 percent. We're better than that and if we're going to shoot 17 of them, we should make more than four.

Credit where it's due: After years of pulling hair over missed free throws, we shot an acceptable 19 of 22 (86.4 percent) overall, including 14 of 15 in the second half. Once again, badger's free throw percentage is zero. I'm just putting that out there so there's no grand illusion that Stacey Dales is typing at you right now.

Three scorers: Only three Sooners entered double digits, which is probably why we scored less than WVU. They were Kay Kay (10); Peyton (15) and Gabbi (11). When you shoot 23 of 60 overall (!!!!) there's not a lot of points being scored all around. Gah.

Hey SoonerSports.com... I can get postgame quotes from the opposing sites. Why don't you? Is it because you're sick of losing and don't want to rub it in more? Well eff that, here's a Sherri quote even if you don't want me to see it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri postgame via our Big 12 friends of wvusports.com
    It’s hard to win on the road. That makes the home stand so important. We have a couple of home games next week, and we have to make sure that we take care of those. This is a hard place to play, and Coach Carey has done a really good job of getting his players to stay with it. They have gotten a lot better. They didn’t handle our zone well at Norman and they handled it much better today.
    Yes, I had to pull the Sherri quote from UT last game as well. Hopefully they won't be snooty if we should falter in the next game... who do we play next anyways?

Next game: 10:30 a.m. Wednesday vs. Iowa State. Seriously?! 10:30 a.m. on a Wednesday?! Dear lord what is going on with scheduling. I hope that's a typo on SS.com.

Boomer

vCash

From our friends at ouhoops who also post here occasionally: Baylor coach Kim Mulkey got a technical last weekend.

The Jayhawks didn’t score again until Baylor’s Khadijiah Cave was called for a blocking foul, and coach Kim Mulkey got a technical for protesting the call. Aldridge and Boyd each made free throws, cutting the deficit to 52-45.

With Mulkey still upset, Davis and Johnson did their best to hold back the coach to avoid a second technical and an automatic ejection.

Johnson said she and Davis told Mulkey, “It’s not worth it, Coach.”

“Most leadership they’ve shown all year,” Mulkey said. “That’s the most they’ve talked all year.”
    Warning: These videos are not safe for anybody.

Last edited by badger; 2/2/2015 at 04:52 PM.

vCash

Don't mess with The Mulk.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

From our friends at ouhoops who also post here occasionally: Baylor coach Kim Mulkey got a technical last weekend.
    Badg, why are you posting videos of a 2 year old spoiled brat making a scene? Send her to bed without her dinner!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
    Badg, why are you posting videos of a 2 year old spoiled brat making a scene? Send her to bed without her dinner!
    You better believe, I'd send her to bed.

vCash

Sherri Coale's tribute to UConn's Geno... a great read from our English teacher at heart:
    http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...kes-right-tone

If I wanted to spiteful, I could have entitled that "Things Kim Mulkey would not, nor could not ever write" but I think I've Baylor bashed enough... hell we haven't even faced em this season yet surprisingly. Saving our auto-wins for February I guess lol

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Welp, even it was a 10:30 A. freakin' M. tip, the ladies did win, Whitney Hand Jones
    doing color analysis....I guess the early tip was for a gym full of kids...middle school
    and younger (?)....Sherri was all business in the post game!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Good to see us in the win column again.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

yup...weird time, and a good win.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Yesterday, while the rest of campus was off checking fax machines and twitters for LOIs and such, Sherri's Sooners decided to tip off at 10:30 a.m. on a weekday... a ploy to catch nemesis Iowa State sleeping, most assuredly.
    ISU 66, OU 75

omg i have a new avatar image. here's another...

Ok, ok, a basketball image for realz this time...

Hi, Whitney Hand-Jones! whoops... basketball image... right... ok, here you go:

I remember back in the aughts when no matter how good OU was, Iowa State could waltz in and beat us laa dee dah. Fortunately we seem past that and instead have gone on to lose to Baylor over and over. Not sure I like this turn of events. Can Courtney Paris have some more sisters play center for us please?

Sooner statz:

33 percent for 3: For both halves for an average shooting percentage of... 33 percent. There's so many ways to describe the devastation of going up against a good shooting team... let's call them daggers today. Stabby stabby stabby...

10 of 13 for free: They really must have taken to heart this once-bad stat because it thank goodness we're a bit more sure shotted at the line now. It makes me think that if we're blowing out a top-15 team at home and can send our walk ons/end of benches in, that perhaps one of our women would make their gift free throws at the end of the game (glares are men's bench)

Meh rebounding: Campbell-Olds got 10 of our total 30, but I'm much more accustomed to this number being higher. Maybe we just don't get the opportunity to rebound as much when making so many shots? Surrrrreee let's go with that

Sherri, please convince me that 10:30 a.m. tipoff was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri Coale postgame
    First, I would just like to express my appreciation to Bill Fennelly and Iowa State for agreeing to play this 10:30 tip on a Wednesday morning. It’s a little bit odd. It’s a tough circumstance, I know, for a team that travels. It’s even more bizarre than it is for us. We just appreciate him working with us to help grow the game and get future generations of little girls excited about women’s basketball. It’s always a challenge to compete against an Iowa State team. They are so well-coached and they play their strengths so well and that was our gameplan, to try to take away their strengths. That’s easier said than done. I thought for the most part we adhered to the gameplan and tried to limit threes and until late… early and late… in the middle we were fantastic. Early and late, not so good but that’s the difference in the game.
    Next game: 2 p.m. Saturday hosting KSU. I expect much win, much like the men tipping off at the same time at TCU. Go over to vBookie and stake your free vCash claim now... if you're a true fan. I also expect a trip back to the top 25 after beating KSU by 20 or so... maybe 30 if we can rebound better.

Boomer

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Didn't we play at I-State last year under the same circumstances? Morning tipoff?

Edit: Was in Austin against the whorns!

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=209361853