vCash

Re: Sooner womens basketball thread 2014-15

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    10-6 us
    Yeah! F*** (half of) you, Boulder!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Boulder will get his comeuppance when we lose to msu.

vCash

14-14

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Well, the ESPeNis2 channel here in PHX is not picking up the OU game. Instead we have non-OU playing another same.
    It's not on the deuce here either or on ESPN-U. We've got 4 eastern teams on here out west, Princeton/Maryland and, or all things, Fla Gulf Coast/FSU plus great sports classics like the "Battle of the Network Stars" on the classic channel and their kindergarten training program for future taking heads---SpinCenter on their news channel. ---who GAS. I know why so many people are cutting cord or splitting the bill by slinging anything they want to watch.

I thought it might be on the PAC network, but I guess the mouse figured that the dozen people, or so, that would've have watched it with a deal with the PAC-Network would probably cough up the PPV money to watch it, and they'd make more than sharing half the advertising proceeds from some lame infomercial company.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Stanford is PAC 16 AND A WESTERN TEAM. Here in PHX, one would think they would be shown, instead of the Maryland-Princeton thing. horses*it, I say!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Have they played more after 14-14?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Stanford is PAC 16 AND A WESTERN TEAM. Here in PHX, one would think they would be shown, instead of the Maryland-Princeton thing. horses*it, I say!
    Welp, I'm in Iowa....Big XII country and it's the same dayum thing...must be
    all about the perfect team///

vCash

saw on ESPeNis.com that we are 10 down with 7:50 left in regulation..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Welp, I'm in Iowa....Big XII country and it's the same dayum thing...must be
    all about the perfect team///
    It's amazing to me how many of those ""suits that work for these sport's broadcasting companies are so out of touch with the population. They're like those idiot bean counters who manage and set the ridiculous prices for the grocery store's "hardware aisle" or to a slightly lesser extent their over the counter drug section. You think, hell I'll just get it here and it'll save me some time. Then you look at the price and realize you'll have to stop by the bank and make a deposit (or rob it), to pay for it.

At least CBS/Tru-TV and TNT/TBS do it right on the men's side of the 64. I guess CBS owns Tru-TV and I think that the only thing that keeps them on most cable/sat expanded tiers is that one week a year when they show the NCAA men's tourney. Was somewhat surprised when I still had that channel in the sport's favs.

vCash

10 down with 2:12 left

vCash

Solid effort. Stanford up by 11ish with 2 mins to go.

vCash

In retrospect, glad I didn't see it..."We are better than most"

vCash

Yep. Not sure about the morale victory though, since we were supposedly up at HT. Don't know what happened to us in the 2nd, as it wasn't on any of the sport's tier channels. It looked like we were attacking the lane and not taking any 3s to try and cut their lead in the last min of the game, so I'm guessing our outside shooting went in the dumper, we had a bunch of TOs early in the 2nd, or using Goatweeb's analysis, we just ran out of gas.

vCash

Not gonna read the entire thread, but, just my opinion here, NCAA
    needs to do something about scheduling on team's home court. Sooners
    have had advantage in the past, Stanford tonight. Iowa had two games
    at home, etc etc....don't know the answer but need to find one....home
    court means a lot in BB....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I ain't got nuthin and when I ain't got nuthin I quote Simpsons:

[When the Simpsons are in jail]
    Lisa: Thanks a lot, everybody. Now, I'll never get into an Ivy League school.
    Bart: [taunting] You're going to Stanford, you're going to Stanford ...
    Homer and Bart [taunting]: You're going to Stanford!
    Lisa: Take it back! Take it back!
    Homer: Stanford.
    Marge: This family has hit rock bottom.

I guess we also beat them in some random bowl a few years ago.

Finally, could the Stanford coach please raise her hand and be recognized?

5:30 p.m. tonight on ESPN 2, beyonces. The winner here gets to go to the OKC regional, because we are damn well attended... and there will be tons more butts in seats if we win, so NCAA shenanigans suggests that if reffing is indeed biased and unfair, it will be biased and unfair in our favor

Booommmerrrrr
    So, did a red and white team win or not?

Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

vCash

Stanford won. Would have been nice to get this team to the Sweet 16 after such a rough start to the season. But I think some of our late season stumbles revealed weaknesses that will have to be shored for next year's run.
    Last edited by ouflak; 3/24/2015 at 02:04 PM.

vCash

I'll tell you what -- follow our Lady Bears in the Sweet 16, and I'll follow your Sooner men in the Sweete 16!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

A funny thing happened last night. And since it's always sad when your season ends suddenly, I'll share that story after the usual big score with photo lead-in.
    Satanford 86, Sooners 76

Ok, now after seeing that photos again (top Google image return for her) I have to share where that photo came from too: Me. Here. Four years ago. Back when I was a bit more involved in this annual thread, I did freshmen previews while stealing media guide photos of them. Since then, OU's been less apt to sharing media guides online(at least at last check which admitted was awhile ago) and I've been more lazy in my preseason previewing. BUT, four years ago, here's what I wrote about now-senior Sharane:
    The best way to tell if I want to talk to whoever is knocking on my front door is how they react to me "restraining" my dogs. These dogs don't need to be restrained, but if the person at the door is acting like they're going to lunge through the glass at them, I know that they don't deserve a lot of time and thankfully, they usually seem quite eager to get away from my dogs as fast as possible.

Thus, when I saw this pic of Sharane in the media guide, I knew it had to be one to introduce her to you all with --- a dog person is a good person! And she wants to be a vet apparently, so she's now a GREAT person in my eyes
    How could you not want to see Sharane to have a successful end to her pretty solid four-year career at OU. Well, now it's time for my funny story: AT&T Uverse decided I would not be tuning in for the second half of the game (why does every ESPN channel work except the one OU is on. whhyyyyyyyy) so I missed most of the meltdown. I got to believe that there was a chance they'd finally chop down the trees and make matches out of them so that they could burn the trees next time instead and instead, the hippie tree hugger trees remain standing. Gah.

Sooner statz:
    Let's lob threes: Right around the time AT&T decided that it was a telegraph company not a cable company, OU was in the midst of lobbing the most awful, contested long range shots possible to allow Satanford to come back in the second half. They shot 14.3 percent in the second half from three. One of the final shots I saw was an airball.

Errbody gets a turnover: I also got to witness a lot of sloppy passing between both teams before the feed cut out. 20 turnovers total for Satanford and 13 for us. It was not a good game to watch... and AT&T just couldn't bear to let me watch the end.

Satanford nor OU wish to provide postgame Sherri quotes, so I'll sign off by saying: Happy graduation, Sharane. I have no idea if you're still in pursuit of being a vet, but whatever you future endeavors are, I'm glad that you're a dog person. And your freshman year media guide photo was one of the best ever.

I'll be back with end of season grades later maybe. In the meantime... haha to ESPN for having to televise the remainder of this tournament which nobody has any interest in watching now that OU's out. CBS and affiliates for men's tournament, here I come!

Boomerrrrr