Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Exclamation Re: Sooner womens basketball thread 2014-15

It was the Stu show tonight. 30 points on 8-10 from 3 point land as The Guys won by 9. She's now 22-38 from behind the arc in the last 4 games.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Sooner womens basketball thread 2014-15

So...um... there's a game tonight, and I concede defeat. We lose. 7 p.m. TV is FCS if you really care to witness.*

*It's time to try something new. We haven't beaten them since 2010 so this may be the only way to muster victory: Cede defeat.

And now, enjoy the following photos and captions:

Kim Mulkey: "You're not Whitney Hand. And I hate your hair."

...and that appears to be the only time they've been photographed together, according to Google. So, eff it, have some other photos of the two not pictured together:

Nevermind, that was a terrible idea.

Once again, we are LOSING tonight. L-O-S-E losing.

Siiiiiiic Emmmmmmmm

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

yeah, you're prolly right but I still vbet on the ladies!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    So...um... there's a game tonight, and I concede defeat. We lose. 7 p.m. TV is FCS if you really care to witness.*

*It's time to try something new. We haven't beaten them since 2010 so this may be the only way to muster victory: Cede defeat.

And now, enjoy the following photos and captions:

Kim Mulkey: "You're not Whitney Hand. And I hate your hair."

...and that appears to be the only time they've been photographed together, according to Google. So, eff it, have some other photos of the two not pictured together:

Nevermind, that was a terrible idea.

Once again, we are LOSING tonight. L-O-S-E losing.

Siiiiiiic Emmmmmmmm
    Conceding defeat? ****. Now you've got us just where you want us! Also...mmmmmmmm......mmmmmmmmmm..........mmmmmmmmm mm check out dat ***, yo.

vCash

Yes, I incredible concede defeat. I'll even sing that Baylor song...

That good old Baylor free throw line!
    That good old Baylor free throw line!
    They'll shoot forever down the years,
    As long as stars shall shine.
    We'll fling basketballs afar
    To get three points sometimes,
    Because three's greater than measly two;
    That good ol' three point line!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Sooner wimmens playing tough. Up by 8 with about 30s left in the half. We'll see if they can keep it going in the 2nd. Baylor/ISU mens is on the U at 8 cst as well.

Didn't get to watch the 1st part and I don't know how that Baylor gal got a T but they said she was on the bench with 3 fouls.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Great w tonight. They deserved to win. That was a good time.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

great win...I'm sure ol kim was just pissin vinegar. I really tried to be honest about the fouls...but then I thought...screw it..
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

I knew we were doomed when Badg conceded defeat.

vCash

Badj, please concede defeat in the Big XII title race in mens basketball.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    So we won last weekend... but more importantly, we travel to Baylor 6 p.m. tonight. TV is Fox Sports Southwest I think.

I wish I still had the photo of the old lady OU fan with the "HATE GREEN" sign, which was actually in reference to Notre Dame, but let's face it: There's many green teams out there worthy of hating.

Boomerrrrr
    nobody quite like the skeletor, anywhere but whacko
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

First of all, let me explain yesterday's post a bit...

I let Baylor have defeat and they took it. Suckers.

OU 68, Baylol 64
    U upset, bro? There's really not much else I can add that is clever and whatnot, so take it away Skeletor*

*SF.com created this nickname on this here thread a few seasons ago, so when you see it on the twitters or the facebooks or over at our friendly friend site ouhoops.com, be proud that we have created the nickname for the scariest coach in college basketball that has stuck and will never be topped! I wanna say my husband thought it up, but I am not sure' I'd have to search back on previous season threads...

Skeletor, madam?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor postgame
    We scored in all positions in Waco. That is what happens when you play at home. Give Oklahoma credit; this game meant a great deal to them
    Now, now, don't give us too much credit. Baylor shot about 40 percent overall, while we shot 38ish percent... they were 90 percent from the line compared to our 75 percent. We just made more threes (35% compared to 28%) and shot 13 more free throws than they did

I missed the technical; I did not see it. I had gone down to the end of the bench to say something to a post player and I had no idea. They said she through the ball slant, I really do not know. But yes, it hurts when Sune (Agbuke) and Alexis (Prince) both come out.
    Yes, a Baylor WBB member other than Skeletor got a T; Alexis Prince for protesting a call and then throwing the ball a bit too hard at the ref afterward. She was doing very well in the first half, but the T gave her three so she had to sit down. Haha. Our halftime lead was 8 so this was very important.

I thought that when we went up six that we let them score too easily. Sune (Agbuke) fouling out, Sune is our best defensive post player. I was trying to guard them with a freshman and a sophomore, Niya (Johnson) is a sophomore, and they just took it right at us. Couple of inbounds, we were not ready. Imani (Wright) got scored on quite often on inbound plays; she just was not alert
    Via the Tulsa World's Guerin Emig: "OU made the difference in the last 3½ minutes, after falling behind 62-56, on the back of senior guard Sharane Campbell-Olds. She set up Kaylon Williams in transition. She scored in transition. She grabbed a rebound ahead of Peyton Little’s go-ahead 3-pointer with 1:49 remaining. She took a charge with 46 seconds left, the game tied at 64-64."

I usually also include a Sherri quote, and today will not be an exception. Sherri?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri Coale postgame
    Yeah, for this team, we are so young. We try not to talk about that a whole lot because I don’t want them thinking they’re not supposed to do things like this, but it’s a significant step forward especially the way we played the first time there (in Waco). It’s night and day. Our approach, our mentality, you could just see the growth as much as anything. Obviously, the win is huge but regardless of what the final score would have been, the way we handled ourselves tonight was the way Oklahoma team is supposed to handle themselves. I was just so proud of our growth. We had a freshman point guard out there battling the whole night. We had one senior on the floor and she was unbelievable tonight. That’s what a team is. You take those different parts, you screw them together and you become. I felt like tonight was a becoming for us.
    Next game: 7 p.m. Saturday hosting Kansas. Our season finale is 7 p.m. Monday at Pokette.

And let me tell you all, I sooooo concede defeat to every single future opponent of both the men's and the women's teams.

Boomerrrrrr

vCash

Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

vCash

Woohoo!

vCash

Thank you Lady Sooners. If one of our bball teams had to lose to KU in the closing week of the regular season, I'd prefer it be you and not the one fighting for the Big 12 championship.

Yes I know Sherri dislikes the term Lady Sooners, but let's face it... there's a lot to dislike about losing on Senior Night to an unranked, usually bad program (in WBB, not MBB). I say "Senior" Night and not "Seniors" Night, because DaShawn Harden is off doing this:
    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=400595011
    And Sharane Campbell Olds and OU, whom I am going to be a fan of forever regardless of how many games we lose in S'March, is doing this:
    http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=209915685
    And yes, I know Whitney Ritchie got honored too, but I'm talking four-year here... and not tennis team transplant. Yes, in case you hadn't heard, we're not just borrowing from the volleyball team anymore.

But, if you check their page at SS.com, they're still trumpeting the UPSET of last week. Woot woot we beat Baylor still and... really? Is that the way we're going to end our season??? A month early? Sherri, help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri Coale postgame
    I think there is just a lot riding on this game for a young team. Again, these are not excuses by any stretch of the imagination, but explanations. With a young team, senior night for girls is always hard. Most of these guys have never gone through a senior night. Then you have the crazy weather and you have the earlier tip which messed with our shoot around time. You have to be able to handle all of that. Things are going to happen. We played a game at 10:30 this year. We played a game at 11 o’clock at night. Stuff happens. I think everything coupled with the high that we were on after the Baylor game…we didn’t handle this opportunity the way that we should have. I share that responsibility. It goes back to me. I have got to do a better job of getting them to move on.
    Last game of the regular season: 7 p.m. tonight on Fox Sports Southwest versus... Pokette. Yes, it is time to break out the Kurt Budke memorial orange blazer. Check Travis Ford's closet. I think Coach Kurt willed it to him*

*I am saying this out of respect to our recent rivalry, Poke lurkers. Nothing but respect to Kurt and making OSU legit in WBB. You have the state WBB attendance record, not us, despite us going to more Final Fours and winning more Big 12 crowns, and I'm not gonna forget the coach that got you there: Kurt Budke. And that bright, bright, America's-Brightest-Orange blazer. I concede defeat.

Boommerrrrr

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

yup...really blew the bu win by losing to ku.

To me those are excuses...I don't think Sherri moved on...she was a bit over the top after the bu win...but it is what it is.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

We had an outside chance at being a NCAA tourney host site, no joke. The selection committee has been top 20ing us for the past month even when the AP voters haven't (and the selection committee is the one that matters, as SMU men can attest to last season).

How bout this for Senior Night motivation: Win tonight and keep wining to give Sharane and Ms. Tennis another chance to play at LNC in the postseason.

Do I need to post another angry, frustrated smiley face? Sure why not.

Melt that Oklahoma snow, angry face steam.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I guess Skeletor couldn't get thru to her minions that #1 seed was on the line either! Losing 2 in a row! KU is the best last place team in history of Big 12. If you didn't know their ranking in Big 12 and saw them play, you'd never guess they were holding last place. They are no MIZ....ZOU! of old times! OUr young team learned something Sat night. We'll be fine!

vCash

OU 66, OSU 56

Don't get me wrong. I am much happier with beating unranked, fourth-place-in-Big-12 Oklahoma State than not beating them. I'm also happy that SS.com has finally removed that "UPSET" banner from the women's basketball page. There is just a lot of unknown headed into the Big 12 tournament and later, the NCAA tournament. I would have felt much better about our postseason prospects had we been on a winning streak coming into Stilly rather than coming off a loss to one of the lowliest worms of Big 12 basketball. At home. On Senior Night.

What a good lead in for the game stats...

22 percent: Our FG percentage overall for the fist half, helped along by our 1 of 10 shooting from three. But heeeeeeey at least our free throws were 6 for 6 that half, amirite? *groan*

17 percent: OSU's first-half shooting, which, as Sherri suggested, probably had Henry Iba himself rolling his eyes and facepalming for the abysmal, awful first half. OSU signs "anything you half-arse I half-arse worser..."

No complaints about frees or turnovers: While we're unranked, second to Baylor and probably not getting ready to print more Final Four t-shirts, at least we had this staple of Sherri's past teams conquered. Only 12 turnovers and 17 for 22 free throw shooting overall, including perfect in the first half 6 for 6. Yay?

Rebounding woes: No, NO yay for OU! 35 rebounds overall compared to OSU's 52. Holy cow that's bad.

In a nutshell, this was a bad game and if you thought OU men's game was bad, about the only way this one was better was that OU managed to not lose. Sherri?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri Coale postgame via okstate.com, because SS.com was too embarrassed to do quotes I guess?
    I thought, in the first half, Mr. Iba was watching and he was so disappointed. Then I thought he really liked defense, so maybe he was super excited about what was occurring. I didn't think either team was going to be able to put the ball in the basket. Fortunately the second half was better basketball and we got a few more shots to go in than they did. It wasn't a very pretty 40 minutes from either of us.
    Next game: Big 12 tourney in Dallas. Likely 6 p.m. Saturday opener. I dunno if there's TV or not. First one to hear reports back here, mkay?

Booomerrrrr...