Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Observations from the Texas State Fair

Saw 3 longhorn fans (evidenced by their baseball hats) wearing brand new TCU shirts. Really? If only I could get ahold of a UCLA, BYU, Baylor shirt....

Longhorn fans put ketchup on corny dogs. Now that is just wrong...wrong.

Was nice to be able to get some craft Texas beer at that beer garden--never been to that side of the stadium before.

Not sure if it is where I sit, but heard very little of the OU band, and plenty of the Texas band. What's up with that guys?
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Observations from the Texas State Fair

Also saw A&M ****** nozzles wearing "Just for Today, 'Gig 'Em Loghorns' T-shirts. Is it possible that the CDC could move the Ebola outbreak to College Station?
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Also saw A&M ****** nozzles wearing "Just for Today, 'Gig 'Em Loghorns' T-shirts. Is it possible that the CDC could move the Ebola outbreak to College Station?
    That surprises me...why would A&M fans hate OU more than Texas?
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 PalmBeachSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I've been to a few RRR games and I don't remember the post-game crowd being so bad. It was like neither teams' fans left. I'm talking nut-to-butt, elbow to elbow. Couldn't even get a sniff of Fletchers.

Sooner Benchwarmer SoonerMachine's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaSooner View Post
    Not sure if it is where I sit, but heard very little of the OU band, and plenty of the Texas band. What's up with that guys?
    And our "cheerleaders" lead the crowd to "Boomer Sooner" all of 3 times... The second one not until the 4th quarter.
    "Here you go, America! You are free to do what we tell you!" -Bill Hicks

vCash

The fair is gross and dirty and covered in texans

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

But you repeat yourself.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeachSooner View Post
    I've been to a few RRR games and I don't remember the post-game crowd being so bad. It was like neither teams' fans left. I'm talking nut-to-butt, elbow to elbow. Couldn't even get a sniff of Fletchers.
    I thought prior to the game it was a little better than previous years--I'm guessing due to the weather, but you are right, after the game was very crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPride View Post
    The fair is gross and dirty and covered in texans
    A guy walks into a bar with a parrot sitting on his shoulder. The bartender says, "Dude.... where did you GET that ugly looking thing?!" and the parrot says "Down in Texas, man... there's MILLIONS of them down there!!"
    Aries

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

That whole "Texas Pride" thing.....

vCash

Saw 3 longhorn fans (evidenced by their baseball hats) wearing brand new TCU shirts. Really? If only I could get ahold of a UCLA, BYU, Baylor shirt....

Longhorn fans put ketchup on corny dogs. Now that is just wrong...wrong.

Was nice to be able to get some craft Texas beer at that beer garden--never been to that side of the stadium before.

TCWho?

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeachSooner View Post
    The reason it was so crowded at the end.... no one left because the game was "in question" till the final play. If I'm reading the fan base's pulse correctly ..... Horns consider RRR a moral victory and Sooners almost consider it a loss due to the fact that the Horns anemic offense out scored us.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Originally Posted by KantoSooner
    aTm fans are now so sure of their dominance over the cows in recruiting that they don't fear any cows victories anymore?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Before 11 Oct, A&M had only lost one game, and their fanbase was plotting how to get into the playoffs (silly aggies). For one thinkg, they needed us to lose. Their whole life is about hating teasips, so they're essentially whoring themselves for the playoffs.

Losing twice in a row is their just reward for that.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    Before 11 Oct, A&M had only lost one game, and their fanbase was plotting how to get into the playoffs (silly aggies). For one thinkg, they needed us to lose. Their whole life is about hating teasips, so they're essentially whoring themselves for the playoffs.

Losing THREE times in a row is their just reward for that.
    FIFY after this weekend

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by #8soon View Post
    The reason it was so crowded at the end.... no one left because the game was "in question" till the final play. If I'm reading the fan base's pulse correctly ..... Horns consider RRR a moral victory and Sooners almost consider it a loss due to the fact that the Horns anemic offense out scored us.
    I can live with sa*et fans calling a loss a good thing and Sooner fans upset because the margin of victory wasn't to OUr liking . . .

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Originally Posted by KantoSooner

aTm fans are now so sure of their dominance over the cows in recruiting that they don't fear any cows victories anymore?

Do you suppose those shirts were from 2005, when we all hated USC that much? I remember hearing that some Ags had shirts made with something like that on them.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    First of all, nobody know wtf gig 'em means. I assume it means aggie the game away, which the whorns did very well. So gig 'em whorns.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

now...I thought this was going to have pics of the hawt OU girls in boots and shorts....blah blah blah...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon St Sooner View Post
    First of all, nobody know wtf gig 'em means.
    Funny you say this, I just had a current aggie student explain this to me.

It has to do with a game with TCU a long time ago. Hunting frogs is called gigging. So the cheer for that game was "Gig' the frogs" or Gig'em.

Isn't it cute how aggie base all their traditions on very specific opponents? Now their fight song, that focuses on beating texass, in based on a team they don't even play. Very sad.