Administrator
    vCash

The pollsters can't get enough SEC

OU is ranked #11 in both the AP and coaches poll, and I have no problem with that considering how we've played the past two weeks. However, something really stood out to me, Alabama is ranked 7th in both polls.

Why?

Both teams lost last week to ranked teams (OU to TCU, Bama to Ole Miss).

Both teams struggled against un-ranked teams this week (OU with Texas, Bama with Arkansas).

Why is Bama 4 spots better than OU?

As I said, I'm perfectly fine with where OU is ranked right now. And it makes a fair amount of sense. Alabama, on the other hand, makes no sense at all. The only difference I can find is that TCU lost and Ole Miss remained undefeated. But, if you're going to dig that far, it's only fair to account for who TCU lost to, and how close the game was. In reality, I don't think it has anything to do with what TCU or Ole Miss did this weekend...and everything to do with the SEC hype.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: The pollsters can't get enough SEC

Bama is high
    TCU should be ahead of OU
    If A&M is ranked because they lost to top teams, so should West Virginia
    Oregon should be above Michigan State.
    Auburn should be ahead of Bama, and should be the first 1-loss team.

Anyway most if that doesn't matter

vCash

Who cares?
    If we aint #1 it dont matter who is.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash
    Why is Oregon? They lost at home to a team that was not even ranked, at the time
    Posted from iOS app

As much as I love college football this crap is really souring it for me. I used to enjoy watching all teams play. Now I hate watching anything to do with ESPN and their sec bull

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 oupride's Avatar
    vCash

The Big 12 needs to add about 6 more teams, increase their viewing audience about 5 more states and that would help stop this nonsense.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    As much as I love college football this crap is really souring it for me. I used to enjoy watching all teams play. Now I hate watching anything to do with ESPN and their sec bull
    All about money. The perception that higher ranked teams are playing against each other is marketed much better and can command a higher dollar amount from sponsors/advertisers due to perceived increase viewership.

Administrator
    vCash

The bottom line is that OU still controls their playoff hopes.

The Football Playoff Committee will release their first poll on October 28th, so we have one more game (KSU) to impress them...the other polls are meaningless.

Win out, and OU will be in the playoffs. The margin for error is gone though.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSoonerfan View Post
    All about money. The perception that higher ranked teams are playing against each other is marketed much better and can command a higher dollar amount from sponsors/advertisers due to perceived increase viewership.
    Yup. That's what this country is all about. Most don't share my sentiments but I find it disgusting.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Why?

It's in your title.. SEC...

Rankings don't mean much right. There's still some top ten teams that play each other.
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I think you answered your own question, 8time. Ole Miss is #3 and Bama lost to them in the waning minutes of the game. Also, Ole Miss has been highly ranked from day 1 while TCU just got some respect by beating us, then promptly choked away a game where they were up by 21 in the 4th.

Personally, I would have to pencil in Ole Miss at #1 right now with that mean defense. But they still must play Auburn and MSU, so lots of challenges to come.

vCash

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !