vCash

So I met Bob Stoops yesterday...

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments...ops_yesterday/

This was posted on reddit.com (the front page of the internet)
    The poster user name was "flying-banana"
    In the conversation, he had a pics of Bob Stoops for Bob and Kirk Herbstreit for himself, having the conversation.
    When I copied it It just had the names - No faces

And didn't realize it until about 10 minutes after we parted ways.

So I was at the Texas State Fair yesterday with my wife during the Red River Shootout eating some weird fried foods and watching the pig and osterich races; typical fair stuff. Shortly after the RRS ended my wife wanted a corn dog so we headed to Fletcher's and were waiting in a really long line when this guy behind me starts talking to me about the fair and the line. Let's see if I can do a reenactment of our conversation with these flair head code things (my part will be played by Kirk Herbstreit because my wife finds him quite handsome):

Bob Stoops Wow, quite the line right?

Kirk Herbstreit Right? This is Fletcher's though, there's always a line. Is this your first time at the fair?

(Cue: I'm a moron)

Bob Stoops Oh no, my wife and I have been coming here for a few years now, did you two go to the game?

Kirk Herbstreit Unfortunately no, its been something I've been meaning to get tickets to since I moved to Texas. Are you a Longhorn fan or a Sooner fan?

(I must clarify he was wearing zero branded OU attire at the time.)

Bob Stoops (laughs) ohh we're a Sooner family through and through, what about you and your wife?

Kirk Herbstreit Neither actually, I'm a Buckeye myself and my wife went to Ole Miss.

Bob Stoops I think we play the Buckeyes soon, should be a great game

Kirk Herbstreit Ohh absolutely, I can't wait. Two classic powerhouses going at it, I'll definitely be getting tickets to those games

Bob Stoops Have you made the trip to Norman for a game before?

Kirk Herbstreit Again unfortunately no, I really need to visit more of the South West stadiums, I've heard great things about OU's stadium.

Bob Stoops Definitely, we have some of the best fans in the game.

Corn dog purchases occur

Kirk Herbstreit I don't doubt it! There's no denying the Sooner faithful. Anyways nice to meet you, I'm Banana and this is Mrs. Banana. You two enjoy the rest of the fair!

Bob Stoops nice to meet you too, I'm Bob and this is my wife Carol. Enjoy the fair.

And we went our separate ways. A fair distance away my wife asks me if I knew who that was? I said no, just some nice Sooner fan with his wife I'm assuming. No you idiot, that was Bob Stoops.

Banana fail...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 oupride's Avatar
    vCash

Re: So I met Bob Stoops yesterday...

Herby did the Texas Tech game in Norman in 2008

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

It wasn't really Herbstreit...read the part at the top

vCash

That's hilarious.
    In all fairness we were whiney bitches long before OU rammed it up our cornholes, and long before Macks losing season.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I don't get it. It doesn't even seem funny to me. Of course I don't have a sense of humor...so there's that.
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"