Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

What does Trevor offer that none of the other QB's can do?

2nd to last in completion rate in the big 12 just above Kansas(that was last week so it may be worse now)
    Can the other qb's not hand off to Perine on First down then throw a bad pass off the mark on second and third downs?
    Seems to me that there has to be someone that can throw an accurate ball, the rest of the stuff should be cakewalk for any qb. If Knights upside is his ability to run and you don't use that ability at all in your play calling, what's the point? I'd take slow if they can throw an accurate 5 yard pass.
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Re: What does Trevor offer that none of the other QB's can do?

Sho nuff.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

His legs, which we don't utilize.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

...I'm watching TCU and Baylors QBs and I'm jealous

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

12/20 for 129 yards and 1 TD sounds a whole lot better than 12/26 for 133 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 interceptions.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Therealsouthsider View Post

ss
    Bryce Petty? He was even worse against Texas.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=400547865

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

I think the kid is hurt. He's never been Sam Bradford but he looked a lot sharper in the first 3 games. His mechanics seemed to have regressed.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    12/20 for 129 yards and 1 TD sounds a whole lot better than 12/26 for 133 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 interceptions.
    Who's stats are those?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Who's stats are those?
    Probably Blake Bell last year against Texas.
    In all fairness we were whiney bitches long before OU rammed it up our cornholes, and long before Macks losing season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PhiDeltBeers View Post
    Probably Blake Bell last year against Texas.
    Yes.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Realistically speaking, he should have been 15/20 for about 200. When receivers drop perfectly thrown balls, there isn't much you can do. I'm also not exactly sure how you can blame a QB for a WR running a 4 yard route when you need 5 yards for a 1st down.

vCash

not sure what that has to do with my post then?

vCash

Anyway, I saw some nice things from the coaching staff today on trying to make the middle of the field a threat. Sitting Bell in between the linebackers and safeties was a nice wrinkle that can be developed some more. I just wish he had the foot speed to go up the seam.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    not sure what that has to do with my post then?
    Because you said he "throws bad passes on 2nd and 3rd down". Knight threw the ball pretty well today, but he is taking heat for things he can't control.

Trevor has certainly regressed. So has Landry, and Blake throughout their careers as starting QB.

The common denominator is Josh Huepel. All three QB's are way too talented to have performed as poorly as they have.

Then you see Sumlin make undersized Johny Manziel and upstart Kenny Hill look like world beaters, and you are reminded that coaching matters, and our coaching on the offensive side of the ball outside of Cale Gundy is miserable.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    Knight threw the ball pretty well today, but he is taking heat for things he can't control.
    Yep, Shepard even dropped one right in his stomach, which is unusual. I like K. J. Young's upside but he seemed to be wearing lead gloves today. But, great to have the win in the books forever...
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Therealsouthsider View Post

ss
    I switch channels alot and almost every other team I see, winning or losing, makes me jealous of their qb. Look, TK is a great kid but we're not going to win a NC with him. I felt the same with LJ. I'm grateful he's not a thug and doing stupid stuff off the field. There's not a lot you can say bad about him but he's just not a great qb. Maybe average. The team has other problems including offensive playcalling (and it's REALLY offensive) but the qb spot right now is killing this team. I know his stats were much better and it was good to see him throw it away as opposed to taking sacks but he's still missing open receivers, his timing and accuracy is off. We're stuck with him now so I suppose we just ride him out the rest of the year. It just seems like its a bad dream all over again. A couple more years of knowing what we're in store for. We've got some good players on both sides of the ball but it's going to be difficult overcoming that one position. Oh well, Boomer!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Because you said he "throws bad passes on 2nd and 3rd down". Knight threw the ball pretty well today, but he is taking heat for things he can't control.
    Agree, I think if you put Peyton Manning, A Luck, or Sammy in today's (or last week's) game-plan and especially with only 1 of 3 WRs showing up, they would look pedestrian (much less our BU QBs).
    I thought like so many Sooner fans, that after the Sugar Bowl impressive game-plan, we would build on it, and not regress to more of the same predictable game planning. But it is what it is.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    Agree, I think if you put Peyton Manning, A Luck, or Sammy in today's (or last week's) game-plan and especially with only 1 of 3 WRs showing up, they would look pedestrian (much less our BU QBs).
    I thought like so many Sooner fans, that after the Sugar Bowl impressive game-plan, we would build on it, and not regress to more of the same predictable game planning. But it is what it is.
    You keep harping on the game planning, but what on earth do you do? Seriously, go to a one WR jumbo set? If you don't have the johnies and the joes, the x's and the o's aren't going to matter.

vCash

One of two things here. Either the coaching staff is completely stupid and have no idea what they are doing or they are playing calls based on the lack of confidence in what the qb can do. With the d of the last two opponents stacking the line and daring us to throw and the majority of first downs being called a handoff to perine I'm thinking it's the second. Look, you like to watch tape, yes there were a couple of dropped passes today, but go watch him throw, the receivers have to stop their routes to turn and catch the ball a bunch. one was in the dirt on a 4 yard pass, another was behind the receiver on a 3rd down play that would have easily been a first down if he didn't have to stop to catch it. Both of Bells receptions required him to jump and reach and he's not a short guy. Not to mention the throw into the stands that was meant for an open receiver running down the sideline. Even one of the coach's put his arms out wide in a WTF posture.
    54% for the season
    under 16% on third down
    I don't know how you can pretty that up???