Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Did OU win?

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: Did OU win?

Let the Texas fans be proud, let them rejoice in their 'moral' victory. We have the real victory on the books forever.
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kenth68 View Post
    That's the sad thing in all of this. Texas fans should have been crushed, for a couple of seasons at least after this game. We should have been dining on the tears and sadness of Texas fans last night. Instead, they're proud. Proud.
    They should be proud. This is the worst start of a horn team sine the '56 team went 1-5. HAHAHAHA

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 oupride's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner70 View Post
    Well, I live in Texas, and there's nothing worse than being an Okie in Texas when Texas wins. So, I say anytime you can come away from the Cotton Bowl in early Oct with a W, be thankful. One may not be happy or even satisfied with the level of play, but please be thankful.
    10-4! Blue skies and rainbows for me one more year!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoSoonerGal View Post
    But i've sat through two games now watching a team that 1) has the talent to do so but failed to garner a win they should have gotten. Not break our way? Seriously? I am not taking anything away from the TCU squad but we had ample opportunities to win that game but we didn't. Our offense looked just as pathetic as it did today. It wasn't about things not breaking our way.

and 2) pull off a win they were lucky to get. As I saw it, Texas was fired up and we weren't. Just like last week vs. TCU, just like last year against Texas.
    I agree with a lot of what you are saying. When I say the TCU game didn't break our way, I mean exactly that. We lost by 5. Their QB fumbled twice and the ball went right back to them. We have issues, but we could easily be undefeated. TCU could be undefeated if it weren't for a questionable interference call. **** happens and a lot of luck is involved.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Texas Still Sucks.

That is all.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I'll take an ugly win over a moral victory any day!!!

vCash
    How mad would you be if we were the team that doubled texas is yards and time of possession and still lost?

You wanna fire coaches after a win over our rival?

You are either stoned or stupid.

Or both.

OU BEAT TEXAS AND THAT IS AWESOME.

I don't care how they do it or what the stats are.

WE WON THE GAME AND YOU SHOULD BE THRILLED.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

I actually enjoyed the little rant by Saban today over the same issue. I would have been fine with Stoops giving us fans some crap over bemoaning how a victory was achieved. Show a little fire, Bob - any win over the horns is reason to celebrate.

My disappointment isn't so much this game, but just looking at our body of work at the halfway point and what it probably means going forward. I know, I know - only 1 loss, other teams will lose, if we win out, blah, blah blah. We're just not as good as I hoped going into the season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I actually enjoyed the little rant by Saban today over the same issue. I would have been fine with Stoops giving us fans some crap over bemoaning how a victory was achieved. Show a little fire, Bob - any win over the horns is reason to celebrate.

My disappointment isn't so much this game, but just looking at our body of work at the halfway point and what it probably means going forward. I know, I know - only 1 loss, other teams will lose, if we win out, blah, blah blah. We're just not as good as I hoped going into the season.
    I think we all knew we had no idea what the offense was going to do.

And we got fooled again up until the TCU loss. Our defense is fine, probably more than fine. The defense starts to look bad when it's on the field the whole game.

I really hope we get it figured out because the blue print is there on how to stop us. We need to make them afraid of TK.
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownGP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post

I think we all knew we had no idea what the offense was going to do.

And we got fooled again up until the TCU loss. Our defense is fine, probably more than fine. The defense starts to look bad when it's on the field the whole game.

I really hope we get it figured out because the blue print is there on how to stop us. We need to make them afraid of TK.
    The defense is fine?

What game were you watching ?

You can't blame the offense that texas took the opening drive and rammed it down their throats for 6 minutes then Ross returned the KO and was back on the field.

The O didn't touch the ball until the 6 minute mark. The defense was on the field all day because it is terrible.

The Texas offense is terrible and destroyed our supposedly fine defense.

It was PATHETIC.

IIRC the offense gave the defense an 18 point lead with 12 minutes to go in the game and our "fine" defense promptly let texas go score again and again and it was the offense burning clock that sealed the victory.

Our defense is far from "fine."
    Last edited by SoonerPride; 10/14/2014 at 08:00 AM.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPride View Post
    I agree with this. Mike Stoops seems to get a pass while Josh Heupel catches all the blame...something not right about that.
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

What I don't get is people blaming the offense all of the time for the defense being on the field too much...Texas starts out with a 6 minute drive, Alex Ross TD, another 6 minute drive..

Getting off the field on 3rd down will do wonders for ToP.
    Bazinga

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

At one time in the game OU was up 31-13, and then the defense could not stop Texas. Yes, 14 of those points were 7 for Sanchez's interception and 7 for Alex Ross KO return, but it looked like in the third quarter OU was going to smoke Texas......

vCash

Do you understand what the word destroyed means?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    What I don't get is people blaming the offense all of the time for the defense being on the field too much...Texas starts out with a 6 minute drive, Alex Ross TD, another 6 minute drive..

I agree 100%
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pride1Mom View Post
    At one time in the game OU was up 31-13, and then the defense could not stop Texas. Yes, 14 of those points were 7 for Sanchez's interception and 7 for Alex Ross KO return, but it looked like in the third quarter OU was going to smoke Texas......
    We were also up 17-3 early and it looked like a blowout was in order. UTerus promptly answered on offense when our defense could have began shutting down an offense that has been a joke all year until this game.
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

vCash

The defense is fine?

What game were you watching ?

You can't blame the offense that texas took the opening drive and rammed it down their throats for 6 minutes then Ross returned the KO and was back on the field.

The O didn't touch the ball until the 6 minute mark. The defense was on the field all day because it is terrible.

It was PATHETIC.

IIRC the offense gave the defense an 18 point lead with 12 minutes to go in the game and our "fine" defense promptly let texas go score again and again and it was the offense burning clock that sealed the victory.

Yeah, that drive was long, but don't blame the defense if the offense kept going 3 and out. We had like 21 yards of offense in the first half..

It was kinda a messed up half for the D because after that long drive Ross took it too the house.
    The defense wasn't perfect, I'm not saying that but they did enough to give the offense time to get something going and they never did until after half time.

Yeah the 4th qtr was a cluster F, but our inability to stop a option QB hurt us again.
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post

Agreed. But the offense didn't do them any favors, either.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

No, there are lots of problems on both sides of the ball..All most fans want to talk about is how bad Heupel and Knight are though and there is a lot to it..If the defense can get them to 3rd down, do they have energy on 1st and 2nd and then the offense not working is making them tired on 3rd down?

I would assume that the defense was supposed to be good enough for the offense to feed off of but so far it hasn't been that way. Neither can do their jobs when the other side needs them to.
    Bazinga

vCash

The horns kept the ball for 13 plays/6 min on the opening drive - can't put that on the offense. Then we got the KO return, which is a double edged sword. Great to get the points, but the defense goes right back out with no rest and the offense sits on the sidelines for what must seem like forever since kickoff. There is 6 minutes left in the 1st when to offense finally sees the ball, and they promptly lay 2 3-and-out turds and the quarter is over with zero yards gained.

I've seen other games play out like this where a long opening drive followed by a sudden possession change like this gets a team off to a very slow start. It's really bad if the sudden change is a fumble on the KO instead of a KO return. Had the defense gotten a normal 1st outing and forced a punt in 3-5 plays instead of allowing 13, maybe the offense gets going more in the first half. Plenty of letdowns on both sides of the ball in that first half.