Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did OU win?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Did OU win?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    It sure as hell doesn't feel like it.
    True dat,IMHO it is the ugliest win in my 45 years as a fan.We didn't so much win the game as UT lost it. Don't get me wrong , I'll take the W but we are going to lose more games IF we don't get OUr offensive and defensive issues ironed out.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Lakeland, Fl - Where hurricanes cross paths.
    vCash

well, I do remember how I felt last year.........
    this year feels much better.
    ugly comes to mind
    An Education is what you get when you Read the Instructions,
    Experience is what you get if you don't...

It was the most embarrassing half of football I've EVER seen from OU.

1 first down, 30 yards, no 3rd down conversions. How can Stoops credibly leave Heupel in that job?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

We have serious issues.

First, we are very weak at WR. Other than Shep, there is basically nobody. Neal and Young have been absent the last two games. Today they caught what? A couple laterals? Pathetic. Bell is our second best WR option right now, which isn't a slight on Bell, as he has shown great hands the last two weeks. I can't ever remember having this few WRs able to step up in a game. Part of the problem, however, also rests with QB.

Trevor does not see the field well. As a shorter QB, he needs to compensate by having better field vision. This would be helped if Josh could call a game suited to his strengths. He needs to use his feet to loosen up defenses and help get his WRs some separation. That is not happening.

The predictability at offense has just been woeful. We're done playing the horrible defensive lines of WVU until we hit KU or Taco Tech. We need to gameplan creatively. Instead, we run Perine thinking that he's going to go for 240 yards every game. News flash: He will never run for that many yards again in his career. He's a solid grinder, but we desperately need Keith Ford back. Like, badly. Ross is a finesse runner. Ford gives us speed, power, and an actual threat to catch the ball. We also need to run some bootlegs and-- god forbid-- maybe some actual zone read where TK keeps the ball. Not only does that make the D respect his feet, but it fires up the offense and TK. It isn't going to work every time, but at least we won't be tipping our hand every time we go out there. We cannot use him like he's Sam Bradford. We did that with Blake Bell and it destroyed his confidence.

vCash

Ugly with tits comes to mind.
    In all fairness we were whiney bitches long before OU rammed it up our cornholes, and long before Macks losing season.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    We have serious issues.

The predictability at offense has just been woeful. We're done playing the horrible defensive lines of WVU until we hit KU or Taco Tech. We need to gameplan creatively. Instead, we run Perine thinking that he's going to go for 240 yards every game. News flash: He will never run for that many yards again in his career. He's a solid grinder, but we desperately need Keith Ford back. Like, badly. Ross is a finesse runner. Ford gives us speed, power, and an actual threat to catch the ball. We also need to run some bootlegs and-- god forbid-- maybe some actual zone read where TK keeps the ball. Not only does that make the D respect his feet, but it fires up the offense and TK. It isn't going to work every time, but at least we won't be tipping our hand every time we go out there. We cannot use him like he's Sam Bradford. We did that with Blake Bell and it destroyed his confidence.
    Yep, If HCBS doesn't do something this week by 1st admitting there's a problem with our offensive creativity and it's not just execution. and 2nd replacing Heupel with someone else who can create a decent creative offensive game-plan or if he's the one who's actually being conservative and somehow holding Heupel back, then stopping it, then the Sooner fans next week, regardless of a close win or loss, will boo them out of the stadium. Fans have seen enough of this crap no-imagination offense.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUinFLA View Post
    well, I do remember how I felt last year.........
    this year feels much better.
    ugly comes to mind
    This.
    "Losers always find a way to lose. My pokes $%&# me every year. I'm done. Until next game. I am the Tina to their Ike."
    - pokoloko, 11/27/2010

"It wasn't just that OU beat us (an outcome that most reasonable fans could acknowledge was a possibility), but it was an emasculation: OU pulled out our innards, strew them haphazardly across the field, and proceeded to do the "Icky shuffle" on them for four quarters while many of us watched on in abject horror."
    - nolesrunthis, 9/12/2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PhiDeltBeers View Post
    Ugly with tits comes to mind.
    I'm wondering if the players did the walk of shame to the bus because this game was 2am, drunk off your ***, last girl in the bar, ugly.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

I will just say no, I didn't expect this game to be ugly.

Every year we lose at least one sloppy game to an opponent we could have easily beaten with less sloppy play. Last year this was Texas. This year I thought TCU had gotten it out of our system, so I expected a good old OU beatdown of TX.

I'll take the win but sheesh, if the first three games were the anomalies and the last two are what's normal, we're in for a long and extremely ugly rest of the season.

That said, BOOMER!

Edited to add: not saying this year's TCU team is anywhere near the mediocrity that was last year's Texas team. Solely about my expectations for us.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    Yep, If HCBS doesn't do something this week by 1st admitting there's a problem with our offensive creativity and it's not just execution. and 2nd replacing Heupel with someone else who can create a decent creative offensive game-plan or if he's the one who's actually being conservative and somehow holding Heupel back, then stopping it, then the Sooner fans next week, regardless of a close win or loss, will boo them out of the stadium. Fans have seen enough of this crap no-imagination offense.

Come on now, we all know that Heupel will have to get injured before we put in a backup.
    In all fairness we were whiney bitches long before OU rammed it up our cornholes, and long before Macks losing season.

vCash

It appears nobody had any knowledge of Texas' games against Baylor and UCLA, or our game against TCU. This outcome is not surprising. The surprising thing to me is that we went up 31-13 early in the 4th before going into "let's just get out of here with a W" mode.

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

On paper we won, but just go check out shaggy to see that they (with justification I might add) are way more gleeful about their loss than we are about the win.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PhiDeltBeers View Post
    Come on now, we all know that Heupel will have to get injured before we put in a backup.
    Maybe this week Heupel will choke on a doughnut and be sidelined next week, or something.

It does sort of make me wonder who's the head coach of this team, Stoops or Boren. You just can't put a positive spin on the butt-ugly offensive game plans anymore, even with a win against the whorns. (geez, it does make me feel dirty to post that, but we almost turned a ""gift win into another humiliating defeat). That game should've been another 65-13 type blowout.
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 10/11/2014 at 04:13 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    It appears nobody had any knowledge of Texas' games against Baylor and UCLA, or our game against TCU. This outcome is not surprising. The surprising thing to me is that we went up 31-13 early in the 4th before going into "let's just get out of here with a W" mode.
    Next time throw out your prediction in the prediction thread smart a-ss since you see and know all.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I am disappointed and think we were overrated coming into the season. Also think the kids may have been coming off the Sugar Bowl win and reading too many press clippings. I am as guilty as they are.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Next time throw out your prediction in the prediction thread smart a-ss since you see and know all.
    Slam! Duh duh duh

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    Sooners 20 Longhorns 14
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    I dont see how we can blow em out unless we jump on em early. I dont see that happening unless we improve defensively on 3rd downs

Having typed that, i think we will cause enough problems for them with our depth to win 30-20.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPride View Post
    OU 20
    Texas 9
    Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Texas probably has the best secondary in the conference (and one of the best in the country), but they've been abysmal at stopping the run. I guarantee they'll make that a priority this week, and beg OU to beat them with the pass. I think it will turn into a slugfest, with the Texas defense keeping them in the game.

Sooners 24
    Whorns 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie35 View Post
    31-20 OU
    Quote Originally Posted by okiewaker View Post
    OU 28
    UT 20
    Quote Originally Posted by #8soon View Post
    Last year we beat TCU at home (barely) but Patterson showed everyone the blueprint on how to beat us. And who did we play after TCU? Texsa! Hopefully our defensive strategy isn't putting Baker on the sideline trying to steal plays. What a fail!

31-21 OU unless our offense repeats last weeks performance, then we're screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    OU 23
    ut 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooner91ATL View Post
    fexas 17
    ou 18
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandSooner View Post
    OU 24
    TX 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    OU 24
    horns 16

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    We have serious issues.

First, we are very weak at WR. Other than Shep, there is basically nobody. Neal and Young have been absent the last two games. Today they caught what? A couple laterals? Pathetic. Bell is our second best WR option right now, which isn't a slight on Bell, as he has shown great hands the last two weeks. I can't ever remember having this few WRs able to step up in a game. Part of the problem, however, also rests with QB.

Trevor does not see the field well. As a shorter QB, he needs to compensate by having better field vision. This would be helped if Josh could call a game suited to his strengths. He needs to use his feet to loosen up defenses and help get his WRs some separation. That is not happening.

As much as TK has some bad passes, the time he throws a great ball. The receivers drop the ball. Somethings gotta give and both need to get more consistent.
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoSoonerGal View Post
    On paper we won, but just go check out shaggy to see that they (with justification I might add) are way more gleeful about their loss than we are about the win.
    Over there are a lot of comments about how proud they are of their team today despite the loss and how the future looks great.

I haven't seen one comment here today about anyone being proud of our team for the win, or looking forward to a fantastic future.

Comments on message boards mean nothing, but just goes ta show ya.

We have a mojo problem. Strong is building up Texas's in the fans' eyes at least, and apparently even the return of Mike Stoops isn't growing ours.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

No idea what all those quotes prove. I didn't see your prediction in there, "after-the-fact" man.