SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

KC Royals are...wow...

it's been a great ride this summer and fall..
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: KC Royals are...wow...

Unreal. It's like they have some special mojo. Each and every game they manage to break a tie or come from behind to win. Magic.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Reminds me some of the 2007 Rockies who got hot at the end of the season to tie for the NL West and ended up with a tiebreaker game against SD. Then they swept their way to the World Series, then to only get swept by the Red Sox after about a week off. I hope KC can pull it off.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

They remind me a LOT of the '82 Cardinals (beat Harvey's Wallbangers in the WS). Not much power (neither team had a 20 HR guy), both would/will run you silly if they get the chance (slight edge to STL here, but if you've been watching, you know KC's got nothing to be ashamed of in that dept.) solid starting staff w/o a real standout ace (nobody won more than 14 for KC, nobody more than 15 for '82 STL), & lockdown bullpens (would give the edge to KC because of Davis being such a great setup man but '82 STL had Sutter lurking back there & he'd go 2 innings himself regularly).
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

vCash

This is crazy...tons of rain today...doubt they play. It'd be nice to finish here~
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

frickin boss, Principal, got a call from his college coach...who is now a scout for the Royals. Just happens to have 1 ticket for today...with scouts tailgate and pass. We told him we are having our afternoon meeting in the library to watch the game. lol...dang.

Go Royals!!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Holy carp, they did it! Great defense, timely hitting. What is that, eight straight post-season wins? I never was a Royals fan, but there is something magical about this team so I have to pull for them. Whether mojo or magic exists or not is irrelevant as long as the team and fans believe it.

vCash

yup, 8 straight.

A co-teacher's husband does camera on the side...we just got done painting their house tonight and he comes out and gives me a line-up sheet for the game last night. yeah, they make a ton for the press box but it's pretty cool. Planning on getting a WS one as well.

Hope they can pull it off against the giants. Should be a pretty good series.