Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quickest way through Metroplex

Ft Worth used to be my go-to for getting to Hillsboro and points south (Port Aransas).
    Recently it has really bad construction north of downtown.

Can anyone recomend a better way through the metroplex other than 35E and 35W? Do you recommend George Bush Turnpike?

Or, what time of night does the congestion die down N of Ft Worth?

This is not about the game; we will be travelling Wednesday evening.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Quickest way through Metroplex

The Bush will not help you. It only runs N/S for a short portion within the metroplex and you would still have to take I-20 to get to I-35. I think the best way is still I-35W.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Quickest way through Metroplex

We haven't been through there since our last move after the closing on our Austin house in May 2012, so I am not sure what the current situation is.

35W was still the best route through DFW although when I first moved to Austin and the stretch north and south of Fort Worth were under construction we took US-281 to Wichita Falls and the HE Bailey from the border to OKC. It took about the same amount of time as 35 with the construction but was a much more interesting drive. If I rode the motorcycle to OKC from Austin I always took 281. You turn off 281 in Lampasas to get to Austin but 281 goes all the way into San Antonio then you could catch I-37 to Corpus.