Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: MORE GREAT NEWS! New Jobless Claims Four-Week Moving Average Lowest Since Early 2

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Sigh........ It's silly for the reason, that just because I can gin up some dubious metric(s) to advance a case that Harding or Coolidge were great presidents for the economy, doesn't make it so. The same way you use stats to make a case for Barack Obama. Your charts, graphs etc are self-serving pablum. Did you even read the links (not rightwing nut websites either)?
    The economist isn't a conservative magazine? Your article in the atlantic shows two graphs both showing the economy does significantly better under dems than pubs. Then they claim it's from outside reasons like oil shocks, go look at historical oil prices and that is not always the case. I find it funny that clinton gets no credit, obama gets no credit with the right claiming it nothing a president can do about the economy, but you all fall into line behind reagan and how he had it right and how wonderful the economy was under him.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Re: MORE GREAT NEWS! New Jobless Claims Four-Week Moving Average Lowest Since Early 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    The economist isn't a conservative magazine? Your article in the atlantic shows two graphs both showing the economy does significantly better under dems than pubs. Then they claim it's from outside reasons like oil shocks, go look at historical oil prices and that is not always the case. I find it funny that clinton gets no credit, obama gets no credit with the right claiming it nothing a president can do about the economy, but you all fall into line behind reagan and how he had it right and how wonderful the economy was under him.
    The best thing a president can do for the economy is stay out of the way. Politicians helping the economy are like little kids wanting to help their mom and dad. Cute maybe but generally underfoot and in the way. To the extent the President can expand our freedoms that will help the life in general, economy included. You just selectively use stats to reinforce your personal ideals.

And no the Economist is not conservative: "According to former editor Bill Emmott, "the Economist's philosophy has always been liberal, not conservative".

vCash

The best thing a president can do for the economy is stay out of the way. Politicians helping the economy are like little kids wanting to help their mom and dad. Cute maybe but generally underfoot and in the way. To the extent the President can expand our freedoms that will help the life in general, economy included. You just selectively use stats to reinforce your personal ideals.

And no the Economist is not conservative: "According to former editor Bill Emmott, "the Economist's philosophy has always been liberal, not conservative".
    Have you ever subscribed to the economist? I use to but got sick of their conservative economics.

SOME readers, particularly those used to the left-right split in most democratic legislatures, are bamboozled by The Economist’s political stance. We like free enterprise and tend to favour deregulation and privatisation. But we also like gay marriage, want to legalise drugs and disapprove of monarchy. So is the newspaper right-wing or left-wing?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/econo...lains-itself-0

Staying out of the way is exactly what coolige did, stayed out of the way and let wall street run wild refusing to regulate them. That lead directly to the depression.

Tell me again how the best thing a president can do is stay out of the way.

vCash

Have you ever subscribed to the economist? I use to but got sick of their conservative economics.

SOME readers, particularly those used to the left-right split in most democratic legislatures, are bamboozled by The Economist’s political stance. We like free enterprise and tend to favour deregulation and privatisation. But we also like gay marriage, want to legalise drugs and disapprove of monarchy. So is the newspaper right-wing or left-wing?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/econo...lains-itself-0

Staying out of the way is exactly what coolige did, stayed out of the way and let wall street run wild refusing to regulate them. That lead directly to the depression.

Tell me again how the best thing a president can do is stay out of the way.
    Then couldn't you say the same thing about Clinton? The Nasdaq got cut in about half when the tech bubble broke precipitating more bubble blowing and credit creation.

vCash

----Correct

vCash

Then couldn't you say the same thing about Clinton? The Nasdaq got cut in about half when the tech bubble broke precipitating more bubble blowing and credit creation.
    WOW, you really don't know your history do you? Under coolidge wall street was barely regulated, fraud and margin trading. Show me the fraud on wall street in the tech bubble. It was a natural bubble caused by people wanting to get in on the tech craze. Did the tech bubble toss us into a depression? NO. BTW the tech bubble only lasted 1997 -2000.

You and your fellow conservatives ability to suspend reality and facts when they disagree with your beliefs is laughable. If presidents really don't have any control or influence why did your party's last nominee entire campaign center around he know how to create jobs?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Hey Sooner8th, have you thought of an issue yet which you disagree with Obama?
    No? Nothing?

Cue the insults.

SoonerorLater, you do realize that Sooner8th is just on the board to be as disagreeable as possible and insult as many people as possible.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 10/13/2014 at 05:49 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    No? Nothing?

Cue the insults.

SoonerorLater, you do realize that Sooner8th is just on the board to be as disagreeable as possible and insult as many people as possible.
    One more time - it is not up to me to prove to you I do not god-like worship obama. You prove I do.
    Last edited by Sooner8th; 10/13/2014 at 06:44 PM.

vCash

Sooner8th, thank you for clearing up what little doubts I had about you being a troll. I am pretty sure that your alter ego is Sicem. Similar styles of posting and you are trying entirely too hard to be unlikeable and insulting.
    I don't know why you would think he is me (he isn't) when I agree with you nearly 100% of the time outside of football.

vCash

SICEM----You got lucky last Saturday ----Patterson must have lost his mind

vCash

Sorry Sicem. Just thought you might be trying to prove a point through an absurd, made-up persona totally opposite of your own views. Plus, I haven't seen you around much. Guess I was wrong and Ol vet was right.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

No? Nothing?

Cue the insults.

pretty much anyone with a dissenting view is burned at the stake here. you either return in kind or stop posting, or the most part. there is not much civil disagreement around here, especially without people that have met face to face

8th has pretty much been on the defensive since he started posting here from what i can tell. it's not like anyone on the other side has let up with the insults.

it's funny though, i was saying the same things about the Bush economy before it tanked

and yeah, the tech bubble was basically bursting as 9/11 happened. i was watching it all happen at OU with all the MIS majors leaving for dotcom and Y2K jobs paying crazy money

vCash

Yermom, sooner8th was offensive from the very first time he posted on the board. In a thread about immigration he called me a bigot in his first ever response to one of my posts.

vCash

8th is just KC coming back as the flaming loser he was when he was booted from here.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Sorry Sicem. Just thought you might be trying to prove a point through an absurd, made-up persona totally opposite of your own views. Plus, I haven't seen you around much. Guess I was wrong and Ol vet was right.
    Nah man. I've never made an alt/troll account in my entire life. This is it, but there were a lot of people who thought this was someone else's troll account for a very long time!

vCash

Oil will soon be below $80 from slowing demand ---- the stock market is in the tank---- Barack's approval rating is 40% , tell me again about the great job he is doing, I am sure he will spend his last two years blaming Republicans and playing golf

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Remain claim. All is well. More numbers in support of "The One's" greatness are on the way.

vCash

WOW, you really don't know your history do you? Under coolidge wall street was barely regulated, fraud and margin trading. Show me the fraud on wall street in the tech bubble. It was a natural bubble caused by people wanting to get in on the tech craze. Did the tech bubble toss us into a depression? NO. BTW the tech bubble only lasted 1997 -2000.

You and your fellow conservatives ability to suspend reality and facts when they disagree with your beliefs is laughable. If presidents really don't have any control or influence why did your party's last nominee entire campaign center around he know how to create jobs?
    Read and learn chump. "Natural Bubble"? Whatever the hell that is. You don't have the first clue what you are talking about do you? Fraud was rampant in the tech bubble.

http://www.bmartin.cc/dissent/docume...ianalysts.html

vCash

Read and learn chump. "Natural Bubble"? Whatever the hell that is. You don't have the first clue what you are talking about do you? Fraud was rampant in the tech bubble.

http://www.bmartin.cc/dissent/docume...ianalysts.html
    Chump? MOI? I am not the one defending republicans who are get their *** kicked economically by democrats! Or course I know what I'm talking about. Fraud was not rampant in the tech bubble. The basis of the bubble was not fraud like the home bubble was.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    Oil will soon be below $80 from slowing demand ---- the stock market is in the tank---- Barack's approval rating is 40% , tell me again about the great job he is doing, I am sure he will spend his last two years blaming Republicans and playing golf
    Let me get this straight, the economy recovering, all the jobs lost under bush recovered - plus, stock market doubling to an all time high, obama gets no credit, but the second the market starts to drop a little it's all obama's fault. Conservatives are real *********s.